Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Weather Bomb - North Island

Weather Bomb - North Island

Old Jul 10th 2007, 8:05 am

Beachcombers is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Weather Bomb - North Island

Severe flooding in North land - over 250mm of rain in places, power outages in Auckland.

Hope everyone is ok.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 8:09 am
Banned

kwiki is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Weather Bomb - North Island

Originally Posted by Beachcombers
Severe flooding in North land - over 250mm of rain in places, power outages in Auckland.

Hope everyone is ok.
Flooding in the north island, and freezing cold in the south, a bad day for the whole country..
Old Jul 10th 2007, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

spackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kwiki
Flooding in the north island, and freezing cold in the south, a bad day for the whole country..
Overcast in the Hutt, not too cold, not too windy
Old Jul 10th 2007, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

rickg37 will become famous soon enoughrickg37 will become famous soon enough

This aint Kansas Toto
Old Jul 10th 2007, 8:17 am
Banned

RADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really nice

Was in Auckland last week (wed) at the airport waiting to get back home to Welly when a tornado and a horrendous storm came causing the airport to cancel or delay flights .pity the poor people up north now suffering the bad weather .We have it lucky here with just a frosty start to a wet day but southerlies forecast for later.Still better than snow that the south island has to suffer.When they said the climate was like the UK they werent kidding
Old Jul 10th 2007, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kwiki
Been a lovely sunny day here in Timaru, I was even cycling in shorts today.
It was our daughters birthday and the kids have been racing around on their scooters playing in the sunshine. Couldn't be better winter weather.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

We are in the storm right now. We had no power for a few hours earlier but obviously its back on right now. We had sandwiches and cake for tea as I couldnt cook anything. The fire siren across the road has been off all day... they have been really busy with power cables down and car accidents. My son is asleep in my bed tonight as he doesnt like the sound of the wind down in his bedroom. Luckily we do have an emergency light (and a family survival kit ready), so we should be OK. I have filled up bottles with water and a flask with hot water as when the power goes out we have no water. The lights are flickering right now and the computer back up power thingy keeps beeping at me. We have also tied down our trampoline with lots of rope so it doesnt end up in next doors garden. Hope everyone else is doing OK!
Old Jul 10th 2007, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Wellington is dark at the moment.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 9:49 am
Banned

RADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really nice

Originally Posted by danny.f
Wellington is dark at the moment.

Honest
Old Jul 10th 2007, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RADI
Honest
No messin.Scary,missed the bloody earthquake again. First one I ever feel will probably kill me.(that's what Donna said too!!)
Old Jul 10th 2007, 10:02 am
Banned

Originally Posted by danny.f
No messin.Scary,missed the bloody earthquake again. First one I ever feel will probably kill me.(that's what Donna said too!!)

Bit of a tip here .

If the bed starts shaking you know the rest ,never miss an opportunity and any help is welcome .
Old Jul 10th 2007, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

Winter is winter is winter but in the uk over the last few weeks summer most definately has not been summer.

Rain has been the main feature of the UK summer so far this year.

We arrive next week in NZ and i hope the weather is better but as i enjoy the winter and more interesting weather i'm not that bothered.

Hope everyone is ok in the bad weather though. Its one thing to like wild weather but thats only if your able to have a dry house and flooding if it affetc s you is no doubt one of the worst things to deal with.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by niseysOH
We arrive next week in NZ and i hope the weather is better but as i enjoy the winter and more interesting weather i'm not that bothered.
Hey, make sure you bring some nice weather with you please! I had to pop out to the shop earlier and as I was out I drive down to the sea.... we had REAL waves!! Normally its like a lake where we are but the waves were huge today and it was high tide and they were splashing up over into the carpark. I couldnt see Waiheke at all as it was raining so much.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 11:32 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahB
Hey, make sure you bring some nice weather with you please! I had to pop out to the shop earlier and as I was out I drive down to the sea.... we had REAL waves!! Normally its like a lake where we are but the waves were huge today and it was high tide and they were splashing up over into the carpark. I couldnt see Waiheke at all as it was raining so much.

The ferry at Waiheke is cancelled I've just heard on the TV, apparently the passengers are sleeping on board

Hope you get some sleep up there Sarah
Old Jul 10th 2007, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
The ferry at Waiheke is cancelled I've just heard on the TV, apparently the passengers are sleeping on board

Hope you get some sleep up there Sarah
Yeah I just read that when looking at the Herald news..

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/...ectid=10450688

I didnt get to see the news or weather forecast tonight as we had no power then. I dont know if I'll get any sleep as 3 year old tiny terror is sleeping in my bed and usually kicks me and tries to push me out of bed ... lol... its just so windy down by his room he hated the noise, I didnt have the heart to make him sleep down there on his own.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.