British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Weather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/weather-670184/)

crumpy10 May 29th 2010 4:41 am

Weather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh My life!

we are in Napier, and it is bucketing it down here!:frown:
we seem to have followed the weather in the NI, and it was sunny when we arrived and had lunch, then went down to the beach and it was lovely, but its been raining for hours now, and the road is now a river! I hope we can get out of here in the morning!

wish us luck:p

by the way, we have decided to take the plunge and come here! we so excited:rofl::rofl:

Anna :)

kiwinow May 29th 2010 8:13 am

Re: Weather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Napier's a lovely place. Don't be put off. It's raining everywhere in NZ now. I'm in the South Island and it's been raining for about 10 days which is really unusual as this is a drought area, but right now we have floods and grey, grey skies and loads of washing piling up. ;)
It must be over soon as this is not normal NZ weather

Dewb09 May 29th 2010 8:14 am

:fingerscrossed: it improves for you. Without all the rain it would not be so lush and green, every cloud hey :rolleyes:

Many congrats on your decision. best of luck with all your plans and making it happen :fingerscrossed:

Dewb

MnB May 29th 2010 10:54 am

Hi

Good to hear you're enjoying your NZ visit and fantastic that you've decided to make the big move!! :thumbsup:

Hope the rain stops soon!! :fingerscrossed:
B x

Woodpigeon May 29th 2010 8:05 pm

OMG just drawn back the curtains and it isn't raining :eek: First time in about a week! I can actually see the views again, and if I look in just the right place I can see a tiny patch of blue sky through the grey clouds.

Better go and put the washing machine on :rofl:

crumpy10 Jun 1st 2010 8:34 am

we are now in Tauranga, we left Napier in the rain, arrived in Gisborne ,,, rain, and arrived in Bay of Plenty......... yes you guessed it Plenty of rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:frown::frown:

we are now in Tauranga and it stopped raining at tea time, just right for the kids not to play out!!!!!!!!!!

although having said that, we did spend a good afternoon in the Bay on the beach, watching the sea and the kids, and it was hot!

shame we have to go home on sat, and we cant wait to come back!

Anna :D

turkeys Jun 1st 2010 8:36 am

You'll be missing the rain!

janeyk Jun 1st 2010 8:47 am

Well its summer in the UK Kids half term and guess what rain in bucket loads DS slept in his tent last night and it rained all night!

Stormer999 Jun 1st 2010 9:37 am

Yup 14C and waining......good old British summer!:thumbdown:

BEVS Jun 1st 2010 11:15 am

What is it they say here? Oh yes. You'll be used to the rain.:p Load of old rot.

I'd like to say it would have been better here. Well. It would have been better here.
A few days rain and some really lovely crisp clear days...not trying to pee you off or anything. :D

Persephone Jun 1st 2010 11:33 am

Finally the rain has stopped though it's still overcast here in Chch. Well it was today anyway, don't know about now as it's dark:p

Still very cold and I spend the evenings wrapped in my $23 thick mink blanket that I got from the Warehouse plus the fire on:sneaky: That was such a bargain!