Weather!

Old Mar 2nd 2007, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

Burt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud of
Default Weather!

LOCAL NEWS
EMAIL STORY PRINT STORY

Soak up those rays - they're a rare blessing

By Yvette Wakelin
Western Bay residents are running out of weeks to make the most of the summer sun - though a weather expert believes this season's temperatures have been much cooler than previous years.

The area referred to by many as the sunny Bay has not managed to attract the scorching temperatures that people have come to expect.

Speaking to the Bay of Plenty Times yesterday, National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research (Niwa) climate expert Dr Jim Salinger said summer in the Western Bay was missing the much-needed sizzle.

"It's definitely been fairly cool this summer in comparison with other years.

December was very cold. January also had much cooler temperatures than you're used to for that time of year."
Records show the Bay's hottest day in December was Boxing Day when a temperature of 26.5C was recorded, while January's highest temperature was 28.5C.

Nationwide, December was one of the coldest in the last 60 years with temperatures 0.4C below the average.

February figures provided by Niwa are not available until the end of the month, but Bay Times records show the cooler trend has continued.

Despite February typically being the hottest of the summer months, temperatures have not exceeded 26.5C with just 12.5C being recorded on February 2.

On the wet weather front, 239.5mm of rainfall has fallen so far over the Western Bay this summer with 99.5mm of that falling this month alone.

Dr Salinger said these results were similar to those across the country.

"The colder weather is all a result of the predominantly southern winds we have been experiencing. We have also had much cooler seas around New Zealand."

.......and winter is just around the corner!.................

Burt
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 1:39 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Weather!

thats fantastic news - i dont like long hot summers.
I melt at 26degrees - so 12.5 suits me to the ground.

you are a fount of all knowledge - bless you my child
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 1:42 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dreamfish
thats fantastic news - i dont like long hot summers.
I melt at 26degrees - so 12.5 suits me to the ground.

you are a fount of all knowledge - bless you my child
Day 2,457 - Still raining in Cornwall ...
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 2:38 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Day 2,457 - Still raining in Cornwall ...
(sorry! ) We have 25 mph winds, gusting to 40 mph, it's snowing sporadically (sideways) and is below freezing. But it did rain this morning!

Oh come on Burt, how much do you want to fry? 26C is wonderful! Actually a little cooler would be perfect for me, in Summer.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 8:29 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/10...ectid=10426091

Don't go putting the suncream away just yet!!
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

I just got back from horse riding and my clothes are literally sticking to me.... yuck.... its so ruddy hot today!!! Its an absolute scorcher...... I got to ride down on the beach, through the mangroves and up the cliff through a pine tree reserve.... totally fantastic.

Running out of water now...... need it to rain!!
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 10:33 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SarahB
I just got back from horse riding and my clothes are literally sticking to me.... yuck.... its so ruddy hot today!!! Its an absolute scorcher...... I got to ride down on the beach, through the mangroves and up the cliff through a pine tree reserve.... totally fantastic.

Running out of water now...... need it to rain!!
I'll try and send you some - still raining in Cornwall, but we're anticipating housepipe ban if we get 2 days without around July?August ...

Oh no I'm not, that's right, I won't be here then
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 12:26 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Temperatures are taken usually at airports so realistically at least 3degs can be added. That said, it is seemingly the coldest summer on record according to a report out yesterday. Tough tittie - it happens. On the other hand, Mr Batty, who works outside mostly cannot wait for summer to be over on the North shore He can't bear any more sun burning down on his head

Burt, you really should get over it and get on with your life. I can't imagine where I'd have to be in my head to keep on posting like you do. You're not going to stop someone who's heart is set on coming here and tbh it's a bit like the boy who cried wolf - nobody with a modicum of sense can really believe that any place is all bad and your posts have no balance at all.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 4:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Weather!

30c in the Gold Coast today with wall to wall sunshine....

Sorry..............

(Not really)
Old Mar 4th 2007, 5:46 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Still no rain forecast for us this week.... we have just ordered our first lot of water since we've been here.

We had a lovely day at the park today... temps in mid 20's still.... just right.