British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   The Weather (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/weather-418006/)

sky Jan 10th 2007 6:41 pm

The Weather

What's it like in the rest of NZ today?
Still cold and cloudy in Rangiora.
Anyone know what the weather is going to be like for the weekend, I was wanting to pitch the tent up on our land and spend a couple of days there with the kids and get to know the neighbours a bit better but if it's forecast rain Im not going to bother.

Jac&Adie Jan 10th 2007 6:46 pm

Re: The Weather

Originally Posted by sky (Post 4267794)
Anyone know what the weather is going to be like for the weekend, I was wanting to pitch the tent up on our land and spend a couple of days there with the kids and get to know the neighbours a bit better but if it's forecast rain Im not going to bother.

and here's tonights Weather by Sky, sorry but had to chuckle :D

you wouldn't won't to pitch a tent in the UK tonight, weather is crap, gale force winds tonight and tomorrow.

adie

mazi Jan 10th 2007 6:47 pm

What are you doing talking about the weather - Maz'll have you!

What difference does the forecast make anyway, you KNOW it'll rain.

Maz Jan 10th 2007 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by mazi (Post 4267812)
What are you doing talking about the weather - Maz'll have you!

What difference does the forecast make anyway, you KNOW it'll rain.

Oi! :p :D

sky Jan 10th 2007 6:49 pm

Would like a bit of sun though :p
I know putting a tent up automatically means it'll rain but I can live in hope :D

kwprwn Jan 10th 2007 6:51 pm

well here in Auckland, the sun is currently shing, but sssh dont tell it or it will go away:p tis still a bit cloudy but sunny ish and its not raining (yet)

mazi Jan 10th 2007 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by kwprwn (Post 4267834)
well here in Auckland, the sun is currently shing, but sssh dont tell it or it will go away:p tis still a bit cloudy but sunny ish and its not raining (yet)

What does the sun look like when it 'shings'?

Rascal Jan 10th 2007 7:23 pm

Same here too Sky, but its what we have come to expect innit? I guess it must be same all over NZ, either that or lots have laptops with wireless internet and post on here from their sunlounger!:D Lol

kwprwn Jan 10th 2007 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by mazi (Post 4267843)

oi cheeky, but believe it or not it looks the same as when it 'shines':p

happynz Jan 10th 2007 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by mazi (Post 4267843)

Red eyes, a bit puffy, in need of a shave, shirt-tail often untucked...it's sad.

mazi Jan 10th 2007 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by kwprwn (Post 4268008)
oi cheeky, but believe it or not it looks the same as when it 'shines':p

oh, thank goodness because I thought I was missing something and would have to move back to NZ to see it!

Rascal Jan 10th 2007 7:50 pm

Sky, you are gonna get throttled starting a 'weather' thread. Are you on a death wish or summat??:D :D

Jude J Jan 10th 2007 7:55 pm

Hot and humid here. Sunny but overcast. Hope it improves for you sky, I have fantastic memories of camping in Devon and Cornwall and the tent getting flooded, having to sleep in the car!

Camping on your land..how great! When we were on Christmas hols, there was a patch of land opposite the hotel, right on the beach front, with two tents pitched on it. I was suprised they were allowed to pitch a tent right there, then the next day hubs brought a local paper and found that the land had just been sold for 10.3 mil and it was the new owners who were on it camping! How cool :cool:

Mr Caton Jan 10th 2007 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by sky (Post 4267828)
Would like a bit of sun though :p

I can live in hope :D

Why live in hope, all the jobs are in Jeopardy:p

sky Jan 10th 2007 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by Mr Caton (Post 4268364)
Why live in hope, all the jobs are in Jeopardy:p

Groan :p