Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

We are really taking up the kiwi culture!

We are really taking up the kiwi culture!

Old Sep 22nd 2012, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

BenP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default We are really taking up the kiwi culture!

And moving to OZ!

After being here for six months and nearly 50% of people we have met are moving over the tasman, I have recieved a job offer paying nearly 80% more than i earn here, also excellent prospects!

So looks like we are about to embark on the whole visa and packing ordeal again!
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We are really taking up the kiwi culture!

Good luck on OZ!! We will be moving to Europe soon!
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 9:47 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BenP
And moving to OZ!

After being here for six months and nearly 50% of people we have met are moving over the tasman, I have recieved a job offer paying nearly 80% more than i earn here, also excellent prospects!

So looks like we are about to embark on the whole visa and packing ordeal again!
Wow congrats! we hope to do the same in the future
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 10:00 pm
Banned

Expat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

And moving to OZ!

80% and better prospects! congratulations.

Yeah there's lots of Kiwi culture over here, and the visa and packing processes are an ordeal, but well worth it.

Where are you headed for?
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

benhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of light

...and nearly 50% of people we have met are moving over the tasman

Does that mean 2 out of 5? 9 out of 20? Does it validate the "rightness" of the move for you?

Anyway, best of luck.
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

Looks like we will be heading for Perth, although have had offers to move to gladstone, brisbane and sydney too. but the perth deal is a very good one.

The company are paying for our flights, shipping, visa's, accomodation for an initial period so should take a lot of pressure off the organising!

Hopefully this time its for a few years though, we have had enough of packing and moving to last a lifetime!
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 11:06 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Many congratulations to you, it all sounds very exciting
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 11:24 pm
Banned

Expat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like we will be heading for Perth, although have had offers to move to gladstone, brisbane and sydney too. but the perth deal is a very good one.

The company are paying for our flights, shipping, visa's, accomodation for an initial period so should take a lot of pressure off the organising!

Hopefully this time its for a few years though, we have had enough of packing and moving to last a lifetime!
It's lovely to have the choice isn't it and the employer is very generous to be supporting you with some of the costs.

Perth is a superb city and you should have a great time there. I was watching Tony Robinson's Time Walks last night and he was in neighbouring Freemantle, I was impressed with how gorgeous it looked, I really need to get over there for a long weekend and suss out the place properly.

Exciting times ahead for you all!
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 1:28 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Cool!
I watched one of them relocation programmes the other day. Apparently Perth is Australia's windiest city. Average 16kmh/day.
Best of luck with the move
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

Yes i am hoping to pop over there for a long weekend before we completely upsticks, my wife has briefly visited before and I have a few friends who live/have lived there.

We shall see what the future holds, all i ever hear is how expensive the cost of living is there, but we have been looking at property and its slightly higher than here but only slightly, also have done a mock weeks shopping on a aussie supermarkets website and again its pretty much like for like with here. Also been looking at most costs etc So hopefully we should be in a better position.
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 4:31 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent news Ben. Glad you've got so much support re: packing and moving not least the cost of it all ! Just when you thought you were trying to settle you upsticks all over again. I can relate to that. We arrived in NZ in Feb last year. Spent 3 weeks in Auckland. Then three and a half months in Christchurch. Then two months in a rental in a town near Wellington before buying our house in the same town. By my calculation we moved our furniture 3 times in 8 months ! (That's not counting all the temporary arrangements we used to fill the gaps around formal rental arrangements) I stood in our house a few days after we purchased it and moved in and actually asked of myself, 'where the fluck am I now ?'.
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 5:34 am
Banned

If the winds in Perth are like they are here this time of year they'll be warm and quite pleasant. Very welcome when it's hot, even when it's only 27ÂșC like today.

There's a thread about it here http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=550609
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Matelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of light

That'll be the "Freemantle Doctor " then !
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond repute

I lived in Perth for about 8/9 months over summer and winter.....it can be windy - but its not a bad wind - its lovely and you need it there. Summers are very hot and dry so the wind is great. Winters are mild and warm so again - the wind isn't a problem.

Perth is a good city - but very isolated so I would be interested to know how you find it, out of all Ozzie cities I would say its the most NZ like.
Old Sep 24th 2012, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

Matelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of light

Caz, Perth sounds great I've got a few friends that have moved there, and all my kids have visited there. In my ignorance I thought Adelaide was the most NZ like city!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.