Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Are we the only one`s that cannot SELL our UK Hse!!!

Are we the only one`s that cannot SELL our UK Hse!!!

Old May 18th 2006, 10:02 am
Just Joined

John&Nic is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Are we the only one`s that cannot SELL our UK Hse!!!

Surely we cannot be the only one`s finding it so frustrating in SELLING our house to get to NZ... We have been on the market now for nearly 10mths had lots of interest & offers to be let down by they are unable to sell there own property so we can move out!!!!
I feel our lives are on hold, we have got our Visa`s everything is in place..arrrah please would love to hear from anyone who`s going through this hell!!!!!
Old May 18th 2006, 10:20 am
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are we the only one`s that cannot SELL our UK Hse!!!

Originally Posted by John&Nic
Surely we cannot be the only one`s finding it so frustrating in SELLING our house to get to NZ... We have been on the market now for nearly 10mths had lots of interest & offers to be let down by they are unable to sell there own property so we can move out!!!!
I feel our lives are on hold, we have got our Visa`s everything is in place..arrrah please would love to hear from anyone who`s going through this hell!!!!!
It took us about 9 months to completion a few years back so I understand the frustration and hassle at keeping it suitable for viewings at all times - with two children under 3!

The fact that you have had offers is a good sign, since I remember reading in some real estate brochure that unless you live in an incredibly remote part of the UK, that if your house isn't under offer within 8 weeks, it is incorrectly priced. 10 months is a very long time, although I am not saying your property is overpriced, although I would suggest you give this some serious consideration.

Do you think there could be other factors putting buyers off perhaps that you could address? For example, when we bought our house, there were 3 horse sized dogs living in it along with the 6 people which was very offputting when we came to view - yes they were all there along with a strong doggy smell. It obviously felt nowhere near as spacious as it actually is. No offence intended here, but we wouldn't have bought it if we weren't under the time constraints that were present (school admissions) and the lack of other suitable houses.

Hopefully your luck will turn around soon, or you may have to do some serious price adjustment if you really want it sold. Alternatively/also, perhaps a break might be a good idea so that it looks 'new on the market' for the next set of potential buyers. Finally I would get the manager from all the local agents round and have a thorough honest chat about how to move forward.

Good luck. Hope things work out very soon.
Old May 18th 2006, 10:52 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by uk+kiwi
It took us about 9 months to completion a few years back so I understand the frustration and hassle at keeping it suitable for viewings at all times - with two children under 3!

The fact that you have had offers is a good sign, since I remember reading in some real estate brochure that unless you live in an incredibly remote part of the UK, that if your house isn't under offer within 8 weeks, it is incorrectly priced. 10 months is a very long time, although I am not saying your property is overpriced, although I would suggest you give this some serious consideration.

Do you think there could be other factors putting buyers off perhaps that you could address? For example, when we bought our house, there were 3 horse sized dogs living in it along with the 6 people which was very offputting when we came to view - yes they were all there along with a strong doggy smell. It obviously felt nowhere near as spacious as it actually is. No offence intended here, but we wouldn't have bought it if we weren't under the time constraints that were present (school admissions) and the lack of other suitable houses.

Hopefully your luck will turn around soon, or you may have to do some serious price adjustment if you really want it sold. Alternatively/also, perhaps a break might be a good idea so that it looks 'new on the market' for the next set of potential buyers. Finally I would get the manager from all the local agents round and have a thorough honest chat about how to move forward.

Good luck. Hope things work out very soon.

Thankyou for your advice, Yes we have done all the correct procedures ie: Keep everything neutral, fresh & spacious, clutter free and the front & back gardens respectable (even though keen gardeners we are not!!) We did start at a higher price with the potential for negotiations - and got lots of interest but still nothing concrete, then christmas came and went, so we reduced from £164.950 to £159.950 again ininterestut nothing!! Only seem to think that where we live ALL houses are priced at that- so as our last resort our 3bed Semi detached is now sitting at £157.500 still views but nothing, the only offers we have are with people again who cannot sell there houses.. I do think that our Agents have given us false hope and have told us what we wanted to here, or what they wanted to tell? but yes we will take your advise and get the managers back and get there feed back on where we are going wrong!!
Old May 18th 2006, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

brackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud of

have you thought of changing agents yet? go have a chat with another estate agent near you. once your estate agent knows you are looking into other options it may make them push for a sale. good luck
Old May 18th 2006, 11:05 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by brackley
have you thought of changing agents yet? go have a chat with another estate agent near you. once your estate agent knows you are looking into other options it may make them push for a sale. good luck
Hi, yes went have two agents at the mo, had to keep the original one on as we have a offer in with them from when we were only with them a month but the buyer cannot sell her house either! So brought in a second agent who at first seem to be pulling out all the stops but have only had 3 views with them, and I'm tired to 6 mths with these.. it all seems so doom & gloom
Old May 18th 2006, 11:12 am
jjg
Numpty

jjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, yes went have two agents at the mo, had to keep the original one on as we have a offer in with them from when we were only with them a month but the buyer cannot sell her house either! So brought in a second agent who at first seem to be pulling out all the stops but have only had 3 views with them, and I'm tired to 6 mths with these.. it all seems so doom & gloom
We are on our second agent and we cant find a buyer either.
Ours has been on the market since October and what really annoys us is reading in the papers about how buoyant the market is, when in our area nothing is selling.
Old May 18th 2006, 11:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jjg
We are on our second agent and we cant find a buyer either.
Ours has been on the market since October and what really annoys us is reading in the papers about how buoyant the market is, when in our area nothing is selling.
I totally understand where you are coming from, where we are living the larger houses seem to be going but not the middle ones!!! I just get cross seeing the sold signs on other houses and I'm at rock bottom as to what to do with ours to get that sale!!!!
Old May 18th 2006, 11:30 am
jjg
Numpty

jjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of light

I totally understand where you are coming from, where we are living the larger houses seem to be going but not the middle ones!!! I just get cross seeing the sold signs on other houses and I'm at rock bottom as to what to do with ours to get that sale!!!!

Fortunately for us I have a job offer with a company who are being very patient, the question is how long will that last.
To say we are stressed is an understatement.
Old May 18th 2006, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

brackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud of

are you sure its 6 months i believe its usually only 3 months. can you not try to pull in another agent. anyway, the house market does seem to be picking up again now so fingers crossed. i know it s horrid, sort of keeping your house spotless everyday in the hope. anyway, if you had sold your house in the first month and went straight to nz then just think that the exchange rate was quite poor to what it is now so thats positive.
Old May 18th 2006, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

When we put ours on the market in September we had a 12 week contract, first person to view made an offer then pulled out 2 days later, then Christmas came and went, accepted an offer 11 weeks ago from people who had sold to a cash buyer and we're still waiting .
Still don't know if the cash buyer got the mortgage he was trying to arrange on Tuesday. :scared:
Old May 18th 2006, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Are we the only one`s that cannot SELL our UK Hse!!!

Hi, We put our house on the market 3 weeks ago and have had no interest. Im already thinking of dropping the price. I did'nt expect it to sell really quick but im fed up already. We don't have a job offer or visas but were still desperate to go and see what happens, plus 2 of our children are 14 and 12 so we don't want to leave it to long. good luck everyone
Old May 18th 2006, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Spacecake799
Hi, We put our house on the market 3 weeks ago and have had no interest. Im already thinking of dropping the price. I did'nt expect it to sell really quick but im fed up already. We don't have a job offer or visas but were still desperate to go and see what happens, plus 2 of our children are 14 and 12 so we don't want to leave it to long. good luck everyone
I know how your feelin its soul destroying and very frustrating, if it makes you feel better we are only in Hinckley and not much is moving over here- well not by me anyway!!! We thought when we first started this project that our hold up would be our Visa`s how wrong could we be in hindsight we should of put our house on the market well before....but would we still be sitting here now errrrmmm who knows, but I'm tired of our estate agents telling me the same old thing-you just have to wait for that 1 person who will fall in love with your house...I just wish it would be soon as my husband/Daughter of 5yr want a new adventure.
Old May 18th 2006, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

I just wish it would be soon as my husband/Daughter of 5yr want a new adventure.
Tell me about it........its in sniffing distance........but just out of reach
Old May 18th 2006, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by planty
Tell me about it........its in sniffing distance........but just out of reach
It has to happen soon we are all going insane!! not say getting on each others nerves as all we want to do is get on the PLANE!!!!!
Old May 18th 2006, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

It has to happen soon we are all going insane!! not say getting on each others nerves as all we want to do is get on the PLANE!!!!!
Talking of Planes, anyone watching the 2nd series of LOST? :scared:

Or shouldn't I mention that?

What about the European cup final last night? thought Arsenal were going to win at one point, silly goalie.

Big Brother starts tonight!!!!!!!!!!

Is there a NZ version of Big Brother? I know there is one in Aus.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.