We are off!

Old Jun 28th 2010, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

londonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of light
Default We are off!

Just wanted to share, I am so excited

This is all so sudden!! Basically after a dire week at work a few weeks ago I speculatively sent my CV off to an agency that had links with the UK just to see what was out there. They put me forward for a couple of jobs and an amazing opportunity arose in Auckland - professionally right up my street, well paid, good location in town. Now, (as some peeps will see from my other posts) Auckland was not part of the plan at all, but work is work and I do rather like Auckland and hubby said oh well why not, if I must blah blah (he is from South Island say no more )

So, based on the sound advice that some peeps on here had given me i.e. go over with a secure job, be practical not pie in the sky, I took the plunge and applied thinking what the heck life is too short. I got a 1st interview (where my Skype failed me and all they could see was a talking animated cat ), went through to 2nd interview, thought I'd done really badly even though I had fixed my Skype and figured it wasn't meant to be.

Well you could have blown me down with a feather - Wednesday last week my spousal visa got approved then on Friday morning I got the job offer And after talking about it all weekend (admittedly with the aid of several nice glasses of wine) we are gonna do it! It's totally sudden and rather frightening but completely exhilarating at the same time! I mean, even if Auckland is the big smoke equivalent, I'd rather be in NZ smoke than sitting in London smoke totally miserable and sad wondering what would have been (29 degrees and sunshine notwithstanding!).

So I've accepted the job, my passport is at New Zealand House getting its magic stamp and we are looking at booking our flights once it comes back. The only real logistical hurdle is now getting our little Cavalier King Charles spaniel (and the light of our lives) over safely and finding her a nice house with a little patch of garden she can call her own

Wish me luck as I hand my notice in at work tomorrow and hope to meet some of you on the other side for a few celebrationary drinks! Thanks to all on this forum for their help and support - some of the stories on here are inspirational and have really helped us out

(by the way I hope I have posted this in the right section apologies if I have not! Oh and I do love the UK too just ready for a change now!)

Last edited by londonescapee; Jun 28th 2010 at 8:41 pm.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

killercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud of
Default Re: We are off!

Originally Posted by londonescapee

This is all so sudden!! Basically after a dire week at work a few weeks ago I speculatively sent my CV off to an agency that had links with the UK just to see what was out there. They put me forward for a couple of jobs and an amazing opportunity arose in Auckland - professionally right up my street, well paid, good location in town. Now, (as some peeps will see from my other posts) Auckland was not part of the plan at all, but work is work and I do rather like Auckland and hubby said oh well why not, if I must blah blah (he is from South Island say no more )

So, based on the sound advice that some peeps on here had given me i.e. go over with a secure job, be practical not pie in the sky, I took the plunge and applied thinking what the heck life is too short. I got a 1st interview (where my Skype failed me and all they could see was a talking animated cat ), went through to 2nd interview, thought I'd done really badly even though I had fixed my Skype and figured it wasn't meant to be.

Well you could have blown me down with a feather - Wednesday last week my spousal visa got approved then on Friday morning I got the job offer And after talking about it all weekend (admittedly with the aid of several nice glasses of wine) we are gonna do it! It's totally sudden and rather frightening but completely exhilarating at the same time! I mean, even if Auckland is the big smoke equivalent, I'd rather be in NZ smoke than sitting in London smoke totally miserable and sad wondering what would have been (29 degrees and sunshine notwithstanding!).

So I've accepted the job, my passport is at New Zealand House getting its magic stamp and we are looking at booking our flights once it comes back. The only real logistical hurdle is now getting our little Cavalier King Charles spaniel (and the light of our lives) over safely and finding her a nice house with a little patch of garden she can call her own

Wish me luck as I hand my notice in at work tomorrow and hope to meet some of you on the other side for a few celebrationary drinks! Thanks to all on this forum for their help and support - some of the stories on here are inspirational and have really helped us out

(by the way I hope I have posted this in the right section apologies if I have not! Oh and I do love the UK too just ready for a change now!)
Congratulations Guys, the rollercoaster starts now. See you in Auckland for drinks
Old Jun 28th 2010, 9:10 pm
Near the outer fringe

JohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck!

Though why you need luck for that I don't know... I'm itching to hand my notice in - should be fun!
Old Jun 28th 2010, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of

Congratulations... we're hoping to head out to Auckland in the next few months ourselves. Scary but exciting, it too has all sort of happened quickly for us, although I'm not counting my chickens (as they say!!!) until we're on the plane with a one way ticket

Best of luck with it all and I hope you, your hubby and the light of your lives are all very happy in Auckland.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

londonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by WhingingPom
Good luck!

Though why you need luck for that I don't know... I'm itching to hand my notice in - should be fun!
Well I've only been there a year but quite frankly it has been a year of hell (although my boss is amazing I don't know quite how he manages to stay sane because I can't!). Feel sad and like I'm letting him down a bit but at the end of the day family is more important than a job. I'd like to think I'm good at what I do but I'm hardly indespensible

When are you handing your notice in?
Old Jun 28th 2010, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

DavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to all

Hi

Fantastic news!
It is obviously meant to be!

Very best wishes and luck, and hope your arrival goes as smoothly!

keep posting , we are heading to probably Auckland late Nov/Dec so we'll be up any meet ups then!

Helen And Dave
Old Jun 28th 2010, 9:38 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic what a whirlwind for you. Good luck with handing in your notice

Dewb
Old Jun 28th 2010, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

MattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to behold

Congrats!!
i found handing in my notice really traumatic! i felt like i was letting them down too! but as you say... you are not the last employee in the world!

we live in Auckland ( 1 month almost) and we are loving it. we live in the Eastern suburbs and its a great location. can well recommend it, rather than living right in the heart of the city.

good luck with the move

jax
Old Jun 28th 2010, 10:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by londonescapee

Congratulations
Old Jun 28th 2010, 11:37 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

We are off!
Does this mean you are excited or in need of a shower.

Congrats & well done to you and your animated talking cat.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 11:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations I love handing my notice in, as it means a new chapter is just around the corner .
Good luck with your plans.
Old Jun 29th 2010, 3:59 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations

Still laughing about the animated cat-that must have been quite surreal
Old Jun 29th 2010, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

fitzandindiana is on a distinguished road

congratulations, what job do you do?
Old Jun 29th 2010, 6:10 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Great news,well done on the job.

Phyl x
Old Jun 29th 2010, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

dannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! Well done on the job offer. All the best for your exciting adventure

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.