British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   We made it! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/we-made-920314/)

katie8383 Dec 20th 2018 12:10 am

We made it!

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted on here in a while, but wanted to share with whoever is interested that we arrived in Wellington just over 2 weeks ago and so far so good.

We managed to secure a rental property in a suburb called Crofton Downs before we arrived, it was a big risk not seeing it in person, but it paid off as we love it.
I have managed to find a full time job this week with a bank based the city near my partners office. He is enjoying his job so far.

We don't have a plan in terms of how long we will be in NZ, we are taking it one day at a time.

It has been a lengthy process and journey, but would like to reassure anyone who is thinking about whether to do it, that it is worth it and it is possible. I spent months worrying that I would be searching and searching for a job and not have any luck, but I secured a handful of interviews on my arrival here.

We are heading up North for Xmas...hope everyone here has a good one :)

xXx

escapedtonz Dec 20th 2018 5:19 am

Re: We made it!

Hey,

Congratulations on the move to Wellington. Crofton Downs is a fine place to position yourself and well served by the Johnsonville train line.
We did 18 months in Churton Park then a year up high on the valley in Tawa looking across to Colonial Knob which is an awesome local walk as you have full 360 degree views from the top. Quite enjoyed my time in Wellington but the Mrs wasn't as settled and wanted somewhere without the wind and better beaches for the children.

We moved up to Tauranga back in November 2014 and haven't looked back. If you're coming up North for Christmas Mt. Maunganui is a place not to be missed. The most awesome beach resort in NZ :thumbup:

Take it easy and have a good one :santa:

katie8383 Dec 20th 2018 5:38 am

Originally Posted by escapedtonz (Post 12611206)
Hey,

Congratulations on the move to Wellington. Crofton Downs is a fine place to position yourself and well served by the Johnsonville train line.
We did 18 months in Churton Park then a year up high on the valley in Tawa looking across to Colonial Knob which is an awesome local walk as you have full 360 degree views from the top. Quite enjoyed my time in Wellington but the Mrs wasn't as settled and wanted somewhere without the wind and better beaches for the children.

We moved up to Tauranga back in November 2014 and haven't looked back. If you're coming up North for Christmas Mt. Maunganui is a place not to be missed. The most awesome beach resort in NZ :thumbup:

Take it easy and have a good one :santa:

hey! Well Mt Maunganui is exactly where we are staying!...well...we are staying on Papamoa beach as that's where we have family! Love it up there!

escapedtonz Dec 20th 2018 6:17 am

Originally Posted by katie8383 (Post 12611211)
hey! Well Mt Maunganui is exactly where we are staying!...well...we are staying on Papamoa beach as that's where we have family! Love it up there!

Cool. Yeah Pommiemoa ain't too bad :lol:
We're on the West side of Tauranga in Te Puna.
We visited the Mount 4 weeks after arriving in Wellington in 2012 and just fell in love with the place so set about making plans to move.
Love it here too.