British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   we live here (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/we-live-here-431634/)

Fireman Al Mar 2nd 2007 8:36 am

we live here

Hi,
Is there anyone else on here living up in STanmore Bay/Orewa are, would love to hook up, Mrs Al is feeling lonely now i'm back out hard at work !!

Big Al

SarahB Mar 2nd 2007 8:38 am

Re: we live here

Hiya...hows it going?? Was just wondering how you were the other day! Not in your area but hello anyway. :D

Jack The Lad Mar 2nd 2007 8:40 am

Originally Posted by Fireman Al (Post 4472785)
Hi,
Is there anyone else on here living up in STanmore Bay/Orewa are, would love to hook up, Mrs Al is feeling lonely now i'm back out hard at work !!

Big Al

Hi Big Al.

LaspedKiwi lives in Orewa and might be worth giving him a shout :thumbup:

Its one of the areas in which we are interested in when we get over :)

donnaf Mar 2nd 2007 8:41 am

Hi Al,
not sure where Orewa is? Give me a clue - I need to get a map of NZ, I left mine on my office wall when I left work (just to remind them of me!):D

Jack The Lad Mar 2nd 2007 8:42 am

Originally Posted by donnaf (Post 4472810)
Hi Al,
not sure where Orewa is? Give me a clue - I need to get a map of NZ, I left mine on my office wall when I left work (just to remind them of me!):D

North of Auckland, just up from North Shore :thumbup:

SarahB Mar 2nd 2007 8:45 am

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad (Post 4472816)
North of Auckland, just up from North Shore :thumbup:

Yep we went up there at Christmas time for a party, it was nice.... well the area was but the weather was really horrible that day!

donnaf Mar 2nd 2007 8:53 am

Thanks guys, in that case Al - sorry, we're nowhere near:(

Stuee Mar 2nd 2007 2:19 pm

Very nice up there, we will be heading up there when we come back to NZ at the end of the year. Cant wait!!!!

Stuee

Fireman Al Mar 3rd 2007 1:56 am

Originally Posted by SarahB (Post 4472796)
Hiya...hows it going?? Was just wondering how you were the other day! Not in your area but hello anyway. :D

Hey Sarah,
We're really good thanks, house is lovely, kids are settled into school, Lil' Miss Al is starting nursery on monday, i'm hard at work but enjoy a 10km run on the beach every morning at 5.30 although a spanner has been thrown in the works, i've been offered a very good job in the middle east earning me lot's and lot's of greenback dollars.......2 year contract.......only just moved the family here so won't uproot them again but need to find out how often they'll fly me back to see Mrs Al and the little Al's.......

How's you and motherhood ?

Big Al

SarahB Mar 3rd 2007 8:39 am

Originally Posted by Fireman Al (Post 4476197)
Hey Sarah,
We're really good thanks, house is lovely, kids are settled into school, Lil' Miss Al is starting nursery on monday, i'm hard at work but enjoy a 10km run on the beach every morning at 5.30 although a spanner has been thrown in the works, i've been offered a very good job in the middle east earning me lot's and lot's of greenback dollars.......2 year contract.......only just moved the family here so won't uproot them again but need to find out how often they'll fly me back to see Mrs Al and the little Al's.......

Big Al

I'm pretty good thanks. Baby is doing well... just starting to smile... so cute! We are selling our house in the UK right now and just wondering whether to buy a lifestyle plot somewhere south of Auckland, just spent all evening trawling through the property press.... We love it here in Beachlands but its our dream to have a few acres ourselves.... we cannot afford anywhere round here now that has any land.. need to win the lottery! :D
Glad to hear youre ok, I take it youre liking it here?
SarahB

Batty Mar 3rd 2007 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by Fireman Al (Post 4476197)
Hey Sarah,

Big Al

Hi Al. Just a suggestion - would your wife volunteer at a Hospice shop or something similar? My mother in law, although a Kiwi, was really lonely and bored and we got her to do this and she's got a new lease of life - in only a week :D All age groups of women (usually) do it and they're really friendly. It would be a great way to meet people.

:eek: good luck with the job situation! Two years isn't so long really, although it can and might feel that way, especially for your family. But the two years will pass anyway and you might as well be in the best situation you can be.