British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   We are here although you already know!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/we-here-although-you-already-know-627349/)

RobDon Aug 25th 2009 1:42 am

We are here although you already know!!

Hiya All,
Mum & Dad here although we dont have much left to tell you because Jack has been keeping you all informed!! :)
The flight was horrendous and everything that could go wrong did!!

Rotorua is lovely even with the smell and as Jack has said we visited Wellington and did the touristy things!
Have spoken to Jack and he is better than he was. Reading his posts made me sob all over again because he has told you things he didnt tell us which is hurtful but understandable.
Thank You everyone for your support when he needed it, it really made a difference to him and us now we have read his posts.
Be back on soon and thanks again.
XXXX

Matewx Aug 25th 2009 1:56 am

Re: We are here although you already know!!

Kia Ora & Welcome!!

OOO reading your sons post made me sob too (shuuuut dont go telling ppl!!)

Glad you guys are settling in good!

Keep us posted! :D

JackandE Aug 25th 2009 4:36 am

[QUOTE=RobDon;7872393]Hiya All,
Mum & Dad here although we dont have much left to tell you because Jack has been keeping you all informed!! :)
The flight was horrendous and everything that could go wrong did!!

Welcome......I too read your sons reports and cried...oh my:( I am glad he is feeling a lot better...I bet it wont be long till he's over here with you lot....hope you all settle in well:)

Wooly_Cow Aug 25th 2009 4:47 am

Hi Mum and Dad,

glad you made it here finally. Glad we could help out a bit. Jack sounds like a wonderful son.

Wishing you and him all the best for the coming weeks and months.

By the way I promised him a beer when he's in Welly - that's extended to you guys as well :) (Notice I make the offer AFTER you've visited!)

Tomsk Aug 25th 2009 9:12 am

Hi, welcome to Rotorua :thumbup:

I'm another who got all emotional reading Jack's posts...there probably wasn't a dry eye in the house (well forum ;)) after he'd written. Great that he's sounding so much happier now & hopefully it won't be too long before he can travel over, whether that's for a holiday or longer term :fingerscrossed:

Am Loolah Aug 25th 2009 9:38 am

Welcome after what sounds like a truly horrendous journey!:wub:

Try not to find it hurtful that Jack "told all" to strangers - so much easier sometimes to do exactly that. I would be immensly proud if one of my kids had shown such sensitivity, honesty and love. You've obviously bought him up very well! Now you are here could you bring mine up the same?:sneaky:

BEVS Aug 25th 2009 10:21 am

I agree :wub: he is wubbery......try again......slobbery...... I mean loverly of course. :D but can we have 'Jack son of RobDon' now coz it confused the heck outta me to start with :lol:.

Am Loolah Aug 25th 2009 10:25 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 7873258)
I agree :wub: he is wubbery......try again......slobbery...... I mean loverly of course. :D but can we have 'Jack son of RobDon' now coz it confused the heck outta me to start with :lol:.

RobDon Jnr would be easier and kinds makes him sound like a hip rap star ... I could help him with his act if my performance last weekend was anything to go by?:ohmy::cool:

BEVS Aug 25th 2009 11:06 am

Originally Posted by Am Loolah (Post 7873268)
RobDon Jnr

I'm not sure. :unsure:

Perhaps we need a poll. He's one of us now after all.

Jack?

Am Loolah Aug 25th 2009 11:17 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 7873405)
Jack?

SPARROW ... and then he can have my fave Johnny Depp character as his avatar.:thumbup: Swoooooooooon!:wub:

127luton Aug 25th 2009 12:13 pm

Hey guys.. so glad youve made it to Rotorua! - and i was another one - all sobby etc... but ur Jack is just great.. and its a blessing that he could chat to all of us.. it sometimes is much easier to tell stuff to strangers.. and writing things down makes sense.. at times!
Its going to be some reunion isnt it - when you are all together!!:thumbsup:
:thumbsup:
love and Best wishes for your lovely new life in NZ!

Lov:thumbsup:e
Berni
xx:wub:

127luton Aug 25th 2009 12:14 pm

Re - BE name - could be 'Jack the lad!!' ??
B
x:eek:

willand tina_h Aug 25th 2009 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by 127luton (Post 7873540)
Re - BE name - could be 'Jack the lad!!' ??
B
x:eek:

Hey guys, welcome back. Glad to hear from you, yep I too have to say what a fab son you have in Jack, he has won many hearts over the last few weeks :wub: Glad he is doing much better now, Enjoy your new life, when do you start working??? Keep us posted. Hope the kids are doing ok.
Tina. x

MnB Aug 25th 2009 6:36 pm

Hi there 'Mum & Dad'
Yet another Jack fan to wish you well now you've arrived!! Hope you are all together for that BIG reunion sometime soon & glad Jack's feeling more ok'ish.
Enjoy your new life in NZ :lol: B x

Dewb09 Aug 25th 2009 9:24 pm

Hey good to hear from you guys, sorry to hear you had a horrid journey.

Yes you guessed it another Jack :wub: fan! as has been said before you should be immensely proud of how you have brought up such a lovely young man :thumbsup:

Good luck in NZ and hope you all settle well

Dewb xx