British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   We have finally arrived !!!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/we-have-finally-arrived-594213/)

Kags1694 Feb 26th 2009 4:46 pm

We have finally arrived !!!!!!

We finally arrived on 25th February, still cannot believe it after all of the problems we have had with my visa over the last 12 months. In the end my PR never came in time, so I was granted a 9 months visitor visa, the day we where flying, had to pick it up from NZ house in London. Got to start the whole process again, over here.

We have rented a furnished house in Albany for 1 month, and then planning to rent for a futher 6 months before we buy. Hubby starts his job a week on monday.

Had to do alot of running around yesterday, had to go into Auckland to sign the papers for the container, it arrived on the 16th Feb but wont get it for another 2 weeks. Went to bank and opened up a current account, never had time to sort out our IRD numbers, doing that today, as well as dropping off papers for my PR application.

Still does not feel real at the moment.

Body clock is up the wall.

garryhg Feb 26th 2009 5:24 pm

Re: We have finally arrived !!!!!!

Hi Karen,and welcome to NZ hun....hope its everything you wanted it to be ,with bells on....lol...theres is quite a crowd of us down here in East Auckland..we all have regular meet ups..will keep you posted on the next one and maybe you could pop down with hubby and meet up...Do you have any kids,and are you planning on staying over the shore?....Jacky

anniiee Feb 26th 2009 5:53 pm

Hi,

Well Done for finaly getting there, enjoy hope it turns out to be everything you expected and more :thumbsup::thumbsup:

teebrown Feb 26th 2009 6:41 pm

well done for actually getting there and good luck on the PR process (again).

Can I ask why you can't have your container for another 2 weeks? we are in UK and our container has landed today but we don't get there until 17th March.

All the best anyway.

weejie Feb 26th 2009 9:53 pm

Karen,fantastic that you were all able to go together. Bet it will be all worth the hassle you've had. Pity you have to go through the whole PR process again though:thumbdown: Good luck to you all

Phyl x

weejie Feb 26th 2009 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by teebrown (Post 7326390)
well done for actually getting there and good luck on the PR process (again).

Can I ask why you can't have your container for another 2 weeks? we are in UK and our container has landed today but we don't get there until 17th March.

All the best anyway.

Hey Teebrown,that was very quick. Were you expecting it to get there so quick or is it a pleasant surprise?

Phyl x

Kags1694 Feb 27th 2009 4:02 am

Originally Posted by garryhg (Post 7326081)
Hi Karen,and welcome to NZ hun....hope its everything you wanted it to be ,with bells on....lol...theres is quite a crowd of us down here in East Auckland..we all have regular meet ups..will keep you posted on the next one and maybe you could pop down with hubby and meet up...Do you have any kids,and are you planning on staying over the shore?....Jacky

Hi Jacky,

OH job is in Panmure, so we are not to sure where about is the best place to settle. East Auckland would properly be the best. Is there areas they we should/not consider.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Karen

Persephone Feb 27th 2009 5:10 am

Excellent news:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Been reading your difficulties on dealing with NZIS so it's fantastic you're here at last.
Sue:D

Kags1694 Feb 27th 2009 5:11 am

Originally Posted by Sue R (Post 7328076)
Excellent news:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Been reading your difficulties on dealing with NZIS so it's fantastic you're here at last.
Sue:D

Thanks

Kags1694 Feb 27th 2009 5:12 am

Originally Posted by garryhg (Post 7326081)

Jacky

Sent a PM

teebrown Feb 27th 2009 8:06 am

Originally Posted by weejie (Post 7327124)
Hey Teebrown,that was very quick. Were you expecting it to get there so quick or is it a pleasant surprise?

Phyl x

They told us 6 weeks and 6 weeks on the dot it was - we did expect it would take a couple of weeks later, but no.

tee

iwannagonow Feb 27th 2009 9:25 am

That's fantastic news Kags...it feels great to be here at last doesn't it?
We've been here nearly 2 weeks & it still doesn't seem real!! :blink:
Think the body clock's back to normal now though! :thumbup:
Good luck with applying again...I'm sure it'll be smoother now your actually in the country ;)

lindsay loo Feb 27th 2009 5:24 pm

Hi

Can I ask what you do about storage for your stuff in NZ. Does it cost a lot, and how long will they store it for you. Which shipping company did you use.

Many thanks, Lindsay

teebrown Feb 27th 2009 6:21 pm

We are using Allied Movers and they offer 4 weeks free storage, you do have to pay for your belongings to actually be moved into storage but the actual storage is free and when we are ready to receive the furniture, we just give them a call and they will deliver.

lindsay loo Feb 27th 2009 9:37 pm

ok thanks for that. good luck with your flights and everything. We are hoping to be over in Auckland by September/October time. Just waiting for a job offer for hubby. Our eldest daughter is going out at the end of MArch with her boyfriend. They have job offers at Audi in Auckland.

Look forward to reading your posts once you have got your bearings in NZ! Best wishes, Lindsay