Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

we have arrived!!!!!

we have arrived!!!!!

Old Feb 24th 2009, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

iwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond repute
Default we have arrived!!!!!

Hi all,

just thought I'd let you all know...we now live in New Zealand!!

We arrived on 16th Feb...just over a week ago & we're loving it!

The dog arrived 2 days after us...a bit tired, hungry & smelly...but none the worse for wear!

The boys started school yesterday & they think it's fab!

I start work on Monday...I'm a little nervous, but I'm sure it'll be fine!

Unfortunately, we still haven't sold or rented our house in the UK, so we are on a bit of a budget...at least until I get my first wage anyway!

We have bought our first NZ car...cost us $800!!!! Bargain he he!

Earlier on tonight a couple of our neighbours turned up with beds, mattresses, pots & pans, toaster, towels etc because they had heard we have no furniture for a couple of months...how nice is that?

I know we haven't been here long...but up to now, it's definately worth all the blood sweat & tears that have been shed to get where we are today!!
Old Feb 24th 2009, 9:42 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: we have arrived!!!!!

That is wonderful! TBH, that was my experience of Kiwis always- awesomely friendly, honest and kind
Old Feb 24th 2009, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

good luck to you..

Blimey you didn't hang aound did you:-

ITA submitted 30.10.08..approved in principle 18.12.08..stickers received 15.01.09
Flights booked 14.2.09
Old Feb 24th 2009, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

iwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond repute

he he!

no point waiting for it...grab it with both hands while you can

...also we wanted to arrive while it was still summer!!
Old Feb 24th 2009, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot believe you are there;it doesn't seem that long since you started telling us about your plans on BE and there you are Good luck to you and your family in your new life

Phyl x
Old Feb 24th 2009, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: we have arrived!!!!!

That is good news all the best to your in you new life. I have sent you a private message.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

anniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud of

What good news !! All the best of Luck to you
Old Feb 24th 2009, 6:29 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Cheryl,

I've been wondering how you're settling in! Let me know what classes the boys are in and I'll tell my 2 to go and say hi. Hopefully catch up with you soon, let me know when you're free for coffee/wine ...
Old Feb 24th 2009, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Hi Cheryl,

I've been wondering how you're settling in! Let me know what classes the boys are in and I'll tell my 2 to go and say hi. Hopefully catch up with you soon, let me know when you're free for coffee/wine ...

It's great to be here finally...it's such a wonderful place...I just wished we'd have done it years ago!

Have PM'd you xx
Old Feb 24th 2009, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iwannagonow
Hi all,

just thought I'd let you all know...we now live in New Zealand!!

We arrived on 16th Feb...just over a week ago & we're loving it!

The dog arrived 2 days after us...a bit tired, hungry & smelly...but none the worse for wear!

The boys started school yesterday & they think it's fab!

I start work on Monday...I'm a little nervous, but I'm sure it'll be fine!

Unfortunately, we still haven't sold or rented our house in the UK, so we are on a bit of a budget...at least until I get my first wage anyway!

We have bought our first NZ car...cost us $800!!!! Bargain he he!

Earlier on tonight a couple of our neighbours turned up with beds, mattresses, pots & pans, toaster, towels etc because they had heard we have no furniture for a couple of months...how nice is that?

I know we haven't been here long...but up to now, it's definately worth all the blood sweat & tears that have been shed to get where we are today!!
welcome to sunny NZ ......... its a long hard process of getting here but well worth it in the end.

Enjoy
Old Feb 24th 2009, 11:53 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Oh welcome and I wish you all the very best
Old Feb 25th 2009, 6:51 am
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

Hello, well done, i was wondering how you were getting on. good to hear you are enjoying it, it's nice to hear peoples story's.

Good luck with the rest of the adventure.

tee
Old Feb 25th 2009, 7:13 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Great news! I wish you all the best in your new life. I hope you'll be as happy as I am over here !

Sue