Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

We are flying out tonight!!

We are flying out tonight!!

Old Feb 20th 2008, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

Catkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud of
Default Re: We are flying out tonight!!

Oy Ned!
Watch the Yorkshire jokes:curse:
There's nowt wrong wi' a bit o' Yorkshire tha' knows:
Catkin
Old Feb 20th 2008, 10:28 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

An early welcome to Nici and Roger! Come down to Welly sometime soon!

(Porirua Posse, Welling-ton Massiv aaiieeeeeee! <--- insert Ali G references here )

Originally Posted by ned
Well I'm not going to Yorkshire

You can always tell a Yorkshireman but you cannot tell him much

I think I'll adapt that one for Australians
*cough* too true! *cough*
Old Feb 20th 2008, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

Bugger, missed the goodbyes.. Hope your party was a good'rn.

Wishing you all a great start..

Catch you soon mate.

Gary & Karen. X
Old Feb 20th 2008, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

Animal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to all

Good luck to you all!!!! Your dream is coming true

Originally Posted by kato33
Just to let you know, we are on way this evening and will be with you all on thursday the 21st Feb.

Do you KNOW what your letting yourself in for.....hehehehehe

See you soon especially Marika, Am Loollah, Karonious, Nic and Law, and all you others who are gonna be unfortunate enough to meet us.

Here we come...

Nici & Roger
Old Feb 20th 2008, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

McGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really nice

Good luck to you, we know you had a bit of a rollercoaster emotionally. Hope your dreams are now made real
Old Feb 20th 2008, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

sunshine n jim is a jewel in the roughsunshine n jim is a jewel in the roughsunshine n jim is a jewel in the roughsunshine n jim is a jewel in the rough

Just to let you know, we are on way this evening and will be with you all on thursday the 21st Feb.

Do you KNOW what your letting yourself in for.....hehehehehe

See you soon especially Marika, Am Loollah, Karonious, Nic and Law, and all you others who are gonna be unfortunate enough to meet us.

Here we come...

Nici & Roger
hi nici roger beccy conner & tyler
you will be somwhere between hong kong and new zealand right now and we
hope you arrive safely. chantel is missing conner already, hope u got our text messages ? take care and enjoy your adventure. hope 2c u soon
love all of us 5
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 9:16 am
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
An early welcome to Nici and Roger! Come down to Welly sometime soon!

(Porirua Posse, Welling-ton Massiv aaiieeeeeee! <--- insert Ali G references here )

*cough* too true! *cough*

Hi Maz
Thanks for the welcome its very kind of you - i pop in the NZ forum now and again to see how Nici is doing and of course for a quick noisy to see whats going on here . We were looking into going to Australia when Nici was last year and she gave a lot of helpful advice to us so just like to see they are all doing ok. I am so chuffed for them all that they are finally going to be living their dream as they deserve it shes worked and fought so hard to get there.
Love to all
Sam xxx
Old Feb 24th 2008, 5:15 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Well.........we are here!
Bit of a shock at first, brown fields and no sheep???

Now living in Rotorua and having mixed feelings. I think its jetlag but not sure really. Place is lovely, people we are staying with are superb but something dont feel right I know I am not missing the UK nor family nor friends yet just feel very very strange
Is this what everyone goes through at first or just me? The kids are wanting to start school tomorrow and we viewed some wonderful/not so wonderful open homes today.

Nici
Old Feb 24th 2008, 5:20 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to New Zealand!!!!!!

The brown fields are due to the lack of rain recently. Not sure about the sheep...

What you're feeling is completely normal. There's roughly a 3-month (or is it 6-month?) "honeymoon phase". Just let it all sink in and relax.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 5:30 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Welcome to New Zealand!!!!!!

The brown fields are due to the lack of rain recently. Not sure about the sheep...

What you're feeling is completely normal. There's roughly a 3-month (or is it 6-month?) "honeymoon phase". Just let it all sink in and relax.
Been getting really worried about these feelings. Even had a little cry to myself this morning but haven't a clue why.
Tonight I completely lost my rag with everyone and now feel guilty. Thought I should be on a high but doesn't feel like it.
Fingers crossed this dont last long hey!!

Nici
Old Feb 24th 2008, 5:32 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see you posting from this side of the world
Hopefully you will feel abit more settled as the days go on
Karen
Old Feb 24th 2008, 5:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by karonious
Good to see you posting from this side of the world
Hopefully you will feel abit more settled as the days go on
Karen
Hello hun,
How's things??
Not been on here what with the move and all but needed to just do a couple of posts to find out if this is normal feelings.
Will give you a call in a couple of days when I get my head straight.....dont want to depress anyone now do I.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 5:50 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Hello hun,
How's things??
Not been on here what with the move and all but needed to just do a couple of posts to find out if this is normal feelings.
Will give you a call in a couple of days when I get my head straight.....dont want to depress anyone now do I.
You have just undertaken a major life change - it's entirely normal to feel a bit unsettled right now. Now that the stress and worry of the last months is over, you feel a bit deflated and at a loss perhaps?
I'm 'all good' as they say, really settled here and enjoying life again
Catch up with you soon
Old Feb 24th 2008, 9:16 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Goodness me. You will sorta feel fine soon. "Soon" depends on you. A day or , as in my case, a good long while

Give yourself a moment and take a deep breath. It is OK to blart the eyeballs out & give out a bit of stick. Your family may need to do that too.

If you didn't feel or express any emotion , then that would be most odd.

Have some finding the feet karma.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

sunshine n jim is a jewel in the roughsunshine n jim is a jewel in the roughsunshine n jim is a jewel in the roughsunshine n jim is a jewel in the rough

Well.........we are here!
Bit of a shock at first, brown fields and no sheep???

Now living in Rotorua and having mixed feelings. I think its jetlag but not sure really. Place is lovely, people we are staying with are superb but something dont feel right I know I am not missing the UK nor family nor friends yet just feel very very strange
Is this what everyone goes through at first or just me? The kids are wanting to start school tomorrow and we viewed some wonderful/not so wonderful open homes today.

Nici
hi ya Nici
did u get my email ?? I am feeling really weird too! it could be worse, you could be feeling like you do but still stuck in the UK. You have just done an amazing thing. Going the other side of the world to start a new life and you must have so many emotions going through you at the mo, you will need to let it all out, then u will be able to start afresh. Take each day at a time, theres no rush, make sure you do the thing that you wanted to do, enjoy doing them and i am sure that before you no it you will be looking back on this time as though it was years ago. Please take care, relax, enjoy the slower pace and hopefully soon u will settle in (dont rush yourself, just go with YOUR own flow)
luv ya natalie xXx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.