Are we crazy?

Old Apr 8th 2010, 10:57 pm
Just Joined

philshot is just really nicephilshot is just really nicephilshot is just really nicephilshot is just really nicephilshot is just really nicephilshot is just really nicephilshot is just really nicephilshot is just really nice
Default Are we crazy?

Hi all, Just finished typing a really long thread to you all and lost the lot before pressing submit, Anyone know how helpless that feels. So now after a few glasses of the red stuff I start again! sorry for any bad writing.
So please Help help help.

Me phil and my lovely wife Teresa have our residents permits and now back in the uk trying for the past year to sell our home. Yes after our second trip to the bay in 2008 we came home expecting a sale and it appeared the world banks had some money problems!! resulting in the exchange rates going from 2.8 to now 2.16 to the uk pound. not that I look every day at the rates! who would do that? and no one looking to purchase nice houses in Somerset villages anymore.
So in October our permits finally run out and we can only save save save to bring the house price down. So what's our concern? Ok just one and for some reason every day it feels bigger than it hay be should.
We should be able to land in NZ mortgage free with enough money to support ourselves for one - two years. sound great yes! BUT WE HAVE NO JOBS LINED UP. Only one contact who owns a company in Tauranga right up my street. After sending him all my portfolio of work and a half hour chat on the phone one night I await to see if he has room for me this year which we hope comes of but im a realist and times are still tough.
So that's about it are we crazy to sell up fly to the other side of the world leaving a great job behind clouded by constant gray skies and rain and traffic jams have a bit of security but NO JOB LINED UP.
The floor is open. Oh unfortunately we have not been blessed with little Phil and Teresa's due to past health so it just us.
Would love your thoughts and have loved reading all your chats.
Best wishes Phil and Teresa.
And if I loose this I will get very drunk
Old Apr 9th 2010, 3:44 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are we crazy?

Originally Posted by philshot
Hi all, Just finished typing a really long thread to you all and lost the lot before pressing submit, Anyone know how helpless that feels. So now after a few glasses of the red stuff I start again! sorry for any bad writing.
So please Help help help.

Me phil and my lovely wife Teresa have our residents permits and now back in the uk trying for the past year to sell our home. Yes after our second trip to the bay in 2008 we came home expecting a sale and it appeared the world banks had some money problems!! resulting in the exchange rates going from 2.8 to now 2.16 to the uk pound. not that I look every day at the rates! who would do that? and no one looking to purchase nice houses in Somerset villages anymore.
So in October our permits finally run out and we can only save save save to bring the house price down. So what's our concern? Ok just one and for some reason every day it feels bigger than it hay be should.
We should be able to land in NZ mortgage free with enough money to support ourselves for one - two years. sound great yes! BUT WE HAVE NO JOBS LINED UP. Only one contact who owns a company in Tauranga right up my street. After sending him all my portfolio of work and a half hour chat on the phone one night I await to see if he has room for me this year which we hope comes of but im a realist and times are still tough.
So that's about it are we crazy to sell up fly to the other side of the world leaving a great job behind clouded by constant gray skies and rain and traffic jams have a bit of security but NO JOB LINED UP.
The floor is open. Oh unfortunately we have not been blessed with little Phil and Teresa's due to past health so it just us.
Would love your thoughts and have loved reading all your chats.
Best wishes Phil and Teresa.
And if I loose this I will get very drunk
Hi & welcome, have sent you a pm.....good luck with your plans.
B x
Old Apr 9th 2010, 4:59 am
Just Joined

welshmat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, have alot of friends in weston! spent many an afternoon and night in DK and seven, probably even seen you around somewhere, I was the welsh one drinking with all the local idiots
Old Apr 9th 2010, 5:15 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Hello & Welcome from us too
Old Apr 9th 2010, 5:59 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by MnB
Hi & welcome, have sent you a pm.....good luck with your plans.
B x

Now then MnB. Exactly you two sprang to my brilliant mind when I read the opening post earlier.

Welcome , welcome Phil & Teresa.
It's Friday, so have some welcome karma Hic !
Old Apr 9th 2010, 8:17 am
Just Joined

philshot is just really nicephilshot is just really nicephilshot is just really nicephilshot is just really nicephilshot is just really nicephilshot is just really nicephilshot is just really nicephilshot is just really nice

Good morning all or should that be good evening down below.
Hay we have a blue sky or am I still dreaming. Thank's for the nice welcome. Does anyone know why I can not open my private messages as I have two? Pop up blocker is set to accept but still nothing opens

Ta Phil
Old Apr 9th 2010, 9:14 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Good morning all or should that be good evening down below.
Hay we have a blue sky or am I still dreaming. Thank's for the nice welcome. Does anyone know why I can not open my private messages as I have two? Pop up blocker is set to accept but still nothing opens

Ta Phil
WELCOME

You need to have made three posts before you can get into your PM's

I think you mean Down Under rather than down below, or maybe not
Old Apr 9th 2010, 10:00 am
Just Joined

Thank's for that I will try and open after sending this one.
Oh has anyone had experience transfering private pensions to NZ. Pro's and con's etc. seems from the pages read I should not use a company called Britannia. And does it work the same as transfering money ie wait for the best exchange rate possible.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 11:59 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Thank's for that I will try and open after sending this one.
Oh has anyone had experience transfering private pensions to NZ. Pro's and con's etc. seems from the pages read I should not use a company called Britannia. And does it work the same as transfering money ie wait for the best exchange rate possible.
Hi again
Broadbase International have a pretty comprehensive finacial guide....not used them though but have subscribed to their emails.
B x
Old Apr 9th 2010, 9:58 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I've just used Broadbase Int. actually , after several years of dithering . Very helpful & patient .

My private pension has been transferred over and is being kept in GBP for the time being. No doubt I'll have further dithering about when to change it into NZD.

There are several good firms out there. contact them all and see which one you feel comfortable with. For me it was Broadbase in the end coz the bloke took his time to answer all my questions , even when I asked some of them twice.
Old Apr 10th 2010, 9:05 am
Just Joined

Thank you for that I will keep them in favorites. Think you have made us realise there is know rush and more important things to think of first.
How's the move to NZ been for you? any info is appreciated.

Thank's again Teresa and Phil