Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

We are coming over in January

We are coming over in January

Old Nov 3rd 2014, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

suza712565 has a reputation beyond reputesuza712565 has a reputation beyond reputesuza712565 has a reputation beyond reputesuza712565 has a reputation beyond reputesuza712565 has a reputation beyond reputesuza712565 has a reputation beyond reputesuza712565 has a reputation beyond reputesuza712565 has a reputation beyond reputesuza712565 has a reputation beyond reputesuza712565 has a reputation beyond reputesuza712565 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We are coming over in January

Hi everyone. Time is going so fast!! Have all of our medicals on Friday so getting there slowly. House is still on the market (frustrating)
Old Nov 6th 2014, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold

You'll be here before you know it and Christmas in between
Old Jan 16th 2015, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

suza712565 has a reputation beyond reputesuza712565 has a reputation beyond reputesuza712565 has a reputation beyond reputesuza712565 has a reputation beyond reputesuza712565 has a reputation beyond reputesuza712565 has a reputation beyond reputesuza712565 has a reputation beyond reputesuza712565 has a reputation beyond reputesuza712565 has a reputation beyond reputesuza712565 has a reputation beyond reputesuza712565 has a reputation beyond repute

Husband is there now. Feeling excited and down at the min. Trying to sort shipping out and found pss to be the most expensive. Anglo Pacific are the cheapest so far. Not bringing everything just a few boxes of our most precious things.

Can't wait to be with my husband
Old Jan 16th 2015, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, I don't think I actually said it previously but I live in Tauranga. Bethlehem to be precise so if you need any help just holler.
Old Jan 16th 2015, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

I loved Bethlehem but my husband is working in central Tauranga so wasn't sure if it was to far. The schools there look fab too.

Just want to be there now
Old Jan 16th 2015, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suza712565
I loved Bethlehem but my husband is working in central Tauranga so wasn't sure if it was to far. The schools there look fab too.

Just want to be there now
We scouted round all the burbs a good few times and feel Bethlehem is defo the nicest of them all. We love it here but it is expensive.
Mt. Maunganui is obviously the place to be but it is also very expensive, you don't get much for your money and little land as the beach is the garden!
Bethlehem to Tauranga centre is 10 mins and a very easy commute.
Schools in Bethlehem are great.
Bethlehem Primary is supposedly very good but zoned. Bethlehem College is apparently excellent and offers the full schooling period but it is a tad religious and there are fees to pay as it used to be private but now state integrated. It is also unzoned.
Otumoetai college excellent and unzoned but a drive away.

We live virtually across the road from Bethlehem College and we're swaying more that way now as being unzoned we don't necessarily have to live in Bethlehem. We don't want to move out in all honesty but one can save $100 000 on a house by living over the school zone border.
Old Jan 17th 2015, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

Pigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud of
Smile Re: We are coming over in January

Originally Posted by suza712565
Wow thank you all for your replies. We are now looking into bringing everything and the car. Pigdog where abouts are you going? Would love to hear how you get on. Just sorting out our medicals and chest xray.

Hello, we are doing well, not going to lie, it's been hard and quite emotional, have been here nearly 3 months now, time has gone quickly. We live in Te Kauwhata and it's lovely, would not go back to the UK.

Good luck with everything
Old Jan 17th 2015, 5:10 am
BE Enthusiast

snaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nice

I work in Tauranga and we live in Rotorua.

Tauranga has everything you require including an abundance of very decent cars on Cameron Road.

**Just realised I posted this before reading the whole thread, in error, probably reads out of context**

Last edited by snaps; Jan 17th 2015 at 5:13 am. Reason: Posted without reading to the end of the thread.
Old Jan 17th 2015, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

Hello everyone and thank you for your input. Keep looking on real estate but not a lot of new things come up. It's so difficult being in the UK and not seeing the properties myself. Need to find somewhere before I come over.
Old Jan 17th 2015, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

Pigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud of

Renting or buying? Look on trademe.co.nz we rent, got the house from Trade Me a week before we left the UK.
Old Jan 17th 2015, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Yes been looking on there too. Hopefully my husband will find something nice with a good school. No pressure.
Old Jan 18th 2015, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

RichieRich80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Prob a bit late for me top join this thread, but I arrived from the UK about 6 weeks ago, living in Wellington. Ship everything! We didn't and really regret it. We never planned on bringing furniture, and you prob don't need to, but even kitchenware is expensive here. You are better to pay the shipping, much cheaper! We shipped 17 boxes with Excess Baggage and it was only £550 and then wished we had shipped everything!
Old Jan 18th 2015, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Chocoholics is just really niceChocoholics is just really niceChocoholics is just really niceChocoholics is just really niceChocoholics is just really niceChocoholics is just really niceChocoholics is just really niceChocoholics is just really nice

Originally Posted by RichieRich80
Prob a bit late for me top join this thread, but I arrived from the UK about 6 weeks ago, living in Wellington. Ship everything! We didn't and really regret it. We never planned on bringing furniture, and you prob don't need to, but even kitchenware is expensive here. You are better to pay the shipping, much cheaper! We shipped 17 boxes with Excess Baggage and it was only £550 and then wished we had shipped everything!
Completely agree, definitely ship everything! Good luck with your move.
Old Jan 18th 2015, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

Richie rich80 who did you ship with?

Sue
Old Jan 19th 2015, 3:55 am
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Sue you may be here by now but just in case you aren't .... We used Anglo Pacific and no complaints , they sub contract so make sure you read your agreement with them.

I would register with as many agents as you can re renting as they get properties in earlier than they are advertised and can give you a heads up of what is coming in.

Have a look on school websites as this gives you a feel of what the school ethos etc is , and contact them ( they all have email) re any questions you might have.

Just PM me if you need any specific help