British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   We are coming!!! now where to live! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/we-coming-now-where-live-640596/)

paulocimini Nov 15th 2009 5:53 am

We are coming!!! now where to live!

Hi everyone
We have FINALLY got the go ahead and are on our way :thumbsup:

Will be over on 3rd of Jan and now need to find somewhere for us (Me, wife Kate and daughters Lily and Paisley) to rent for a month, while we check out different areas, schools etc in the Auckland area.

Can anyone help out with this?

We have earmarked Albany as a potential area to move to, any comments would be welcome (will be working from home, so traffic not too big a problem).

If anyone knows of anywhere we can rent for a month while we sort ourselves out that would be great.

Many thx

Paul

MnB Nov 15th 2009 10:28 am

Re: We are coming!!! now where to live!

Originally Posted by paulocimini (Post 8099275)
Hi everyone

Will be over on 3rd of Jan and now need to find somewhere for us (Me, wife Kate and daughters Lily and Paisley) to rent for a month, while we check out different areas, schools etc in the Auckland area.

We have earmarked Albany as a potential area to move to, any comments would be welcome (will be working from home, so traffic not too big a problem).

If anyone knows of anywhere we can rent for a month while we sort ourselves out that would be great.

Many thx

Paul

Hi Paul

Fantastic news!! :thumbsup:Congratulations & best wishes for life in NZ!!

Have you checked out bookabatch, NZholiday homes etc or wotif.com?
You can usually negotiate on price for longer lets with holiday rentals....worth a try.
HTH B x

garfield250 Nov 15th 2009 11:25 pm

Hi everyone

Many thx

Paul

Congrats on your news,

Just a word of advice though guys, the 4th of Jan is a public holiday here (defeered from 2nd of jan which is on a Saturday next year) so many places may well be closed.

Spacecake799 Nov 16th 2009 7:30 pm

Hi everyone

Many thx

Paul

Hi Paul,

Try trademe and look at Torbay, Browns Bay as well. I have included a link to a house which says it can include furniture.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-me-pr...-253927928.htm

Carole

paulocimini Nov 20th 2009 6:36 am

Thanks for your advice :thumbup: