Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Are we barking up the right tree here?

Are we barking up the right tree here?

Old Sep 6th 2015, 10:21 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Are we barking up the right tree here?

Originally Posted by RichieRich
Funny how these threads always end in an arguement
Well yes. It is turning into a bit of a discussion and debate which is fine.

Although I really do feel we have all shared enough of ourselves to someone who is not at all forthcoming & I am left wondering just what is the point.

Let's face it , most newbies share their own circumstances somewhat & then ask if it is doable in NZ terms. Until the OP comes across , then we are all spitting in the wind.

Originally Posted by purrrball
The fact is is that emigrating to New Zealand with a family in your middle-late period of life on a below median joint income is a huge and immensely expensive undertaking, with a degree of risk that's not easily encapsulated in gauzy discussions about the weather and beaches. It's far better for people on the ground and in the know to be frank, to poke holes in assumptions and stress-test arguments before some could make a costly mistake.
As someone that emigrated ages 50 & 45 to an NZ trade wage , I agree. I do wish that had been the case when we thought to make this move over 11 years ago.
Old Sep 7th 2015, 8:00 am
Just Joined

RichieRich80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Better not share any of your own real views on here as the thought police will take them down, pathetic.
Old Sep 7th 2015, 8:23 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RichieRich80
Better not share any of your own real views on here as the thought police will take them down, pathetic.
You are free to think whatever you like but when it comes to expressing your thoughts BE is not a free-for-all and common decency is expected.