British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   on the way!!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/way-524142/)

robdee Mar 24th 2008 9:18 pm

on the way!!!!!

hello one and all. the names rob, me and my wife julie will be out with you in a couple of months, were moving to wellington and are interested in speaking to anyone in the area that could offer any usefull info.:confused: hope to hear from you soon rob

simonmarkellis Mar 24th 2008 9:31 pm

Re: on the way!!!!!

Originally Posted by robdee (Post 6105777)
hello one and all. the names rob, me and my wife julie will be out with you in a couple of months, were moving to wellington and are interested in speaking to anyone in the area that could offer any usefull info.:confused: hope to hear from you soon rob

Well hello Rob,

Welcome to the forum... there are loads of us on here from Wellington! More than you can shake a stick at! (Don't know what that means, but hey ho) Pop in to the main forum and ask there as that's where most lurk... Quite a few of us are up the coast a bit in Porirua and enjoy the commute into Welly everyday, Ted Logan is out by the airport in Miramar, there's a couple of folks in Ngaio, Rob Clubley's in Tawa and Jac n Adie (from maidstone themselves) are in the Hutt Valley, to name but a few... What sort of 'thing' are you looking for, what are your priorities/budget etc,etc... Just ask away, the Welly Massiv will come calling....:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Simon

robdee Mar 24th 2008 10:05 pm

simon. thanks for the quick reply its good to know that we'll be made welcome when we get there. i suppose finding a place to live will be our highest prority when we land. the plan at the mo, is to crash in a hostel and find somewhere to rent for the fist six months then buy when we have a feel for the place. my wife has a job at the hospital in newton, so any info on that area would be great:thumbsup::thumbup: cheers....................rob

simonmarkellis Mar 24th 2008 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by robdee (Post 6105990)
simon. thanks for the quick reply its good to know that we'll be made welcome when we get there. i suppose finding a place to live will be our highest prority when we land. the plan at the mo, is to crash in a hostel and find somewhere to rent for the fist six months then buy when we have a feel for the place. my wife has a job at the hospital in newton, so any info on that area would be great:thumbsup::thumbup: cheers....................rob

I'd stay away from Newtown as a place to live - it's cheap but run down... much better oplaces to live that newtown...

Is it the Welly Hospital as there are fair few on here that work there...

robdee Mar 24th 2008 10:44 pm

ok any recomendations would be great then. dont think its the welly hospital it a private hospital run by southern cross do you know anyone that works there? also do you know any sparkys cos ive still got to sort a job out for myself:eek: cheers mate!

simonmarkellis Mar 24th 2008 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by robdee (Post 6106130)
ok any recomendations would be great then. dont think its the welly hospital it a private hospital run by southern cross do you know anyone that works there? also do you know any sparkys cos ive still got to sort a job out for myself:eek: cheers mate!

Never heard of that Hosp and I don't know any sparky's, but I would suggest moving over into the main forum for a wider audience... and get a few views on city life and NZ Suburbia for living experiences...

brackley Mar 28th 2008 12:23 am

my sister works at the southern cross:)