Wattle Cove

Old Dec 7th 2006, 7:07 am
Just Joined

jonnytoes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wattle Cove

Does anyone know if Wattle Cove, South of Manakau City is a good place to live? It looks a bit soul-less and I've heard that the surrounding area might not be the best part of town but the house prices seem reasonable and appear to be more what I'd call a traditional construction (as opposed to a glorified shed with a tin roof referred to by local estate agents as a 'character home'). Cheers
Old Dec 7th 2006, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wattle Cove

Is it near Wattle Downs? We lived at Wattle Downs for 3 weeks before moving out to Beachlands. We decided almost straight away that it wasnt for us and couldnt wait to get out. The road (Lothian Brae) was lovely, all well kept etc, it was just the surrounding areas.

I just looked on my map and cant see Wattle Cove so Im assuming its maybe the new bit that was being built adjacent to Wattle Downs, maybe somebody here knows more. There was a new bit being built whilst we were there.

We rented a 4 bedroom bungalow. It still had the tin roof and on the nights it rained I never could get any sleep.... it was so damn noisy. We knew there was a broken blind in the house but when we moved in I found broken glass over the carpet....so obviously the house had been broken into. Our cooker never worked and the waste disposal squirted mushed up crap all over the inside of the cupboard underneath. There was so much wrong with the house we just got put off...we got sick of complaining about it. Our neighbours never spoke to us or said hello and there seemed to be dozens of people living in each house... the garages were set up as bedrooms.

I can only give you my opinion. We decided to move before our container arrived and luckily moved into our rental home in Beachlands 2 days before the container arrived. I am so glad we moved. We would rather have the long commute to the shops and work and live somewhere we are happy than live somewhere where we are always worried about the house being broken into...and our stuff being half inched.

The surrounding areas didnt have a good reputation. They looked scruffy and had old shopping trolleys overturned in the gutters etc and everything vandalised and graffiteed (sp?). HTH Sorry.

Last edited by SarahB; Dec 7th 2006 at 8:38 am.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 9:30 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wattle Cove

Originally Posted by jonnytoes
Does anyone know if Wattle Cove, South of Manakau City is a good place to live? It looks a bit soul-less and I've heard that the surrounding area might not be the best part of town but the house prices seem reasonable and appear to be more what I'd call a traditional construction (as opposed to a glorified shed with a tin roof referred to by local estate agents as a 'character home'). Cheers
Would agree with Sarah Jonny

Its cheap for a reason - but expensive mistake if you know what I mean.

I grew up in Manurewa (and first job was collecting those trolleys Sarah).
Wattle Downs, Wattle Cove, Weymouth much the same - cheap housing. If you saw the size of the sharks we used to catch just off the beach you would not venture in those waters either.

If your budget is tight invest more in plot and travel further afield.

We are over there for Xmas but so glad we moved to the east coast (Howick/Bucklands Beach).

Kiwi
Originally Posted by SarahB
Is it near Wattle Downs? We lived at Wattle Downs for 3 weeks before moving out to Beachlands. We decided almost straight away that it wasnt for us and couldnt wait to get out. The road (Lothian Brae) was lovely, all well kept etc, it was just the surrounding areas.

I just looked on my map and cant see Wattle Cove so Im assuming its maybe the new bit that was being built adjacent to Wattle Downs, maybe somebody here knows more. There was a new bit being built whilst we were there.

We rented a 4 bedroom bungalow. It still had the tin roof and on the nights it rained I never could get any sleep.... it was so damn noisy. We knew there was a broken blind in the house but when we moved in I found broken glass over the carpet....so obviously the house had been broken into. Our cooker never worked and the waste disposal squirted mushed up crap all over the inside of the cupboard underneath. There was so much wrong with the house we just got put off...we got sick of complaining about it. Our neighbours never spoke to us or said hello and there seemed to be dozens of people living in each house... the garages were set up as bedrooms.

I can only give you my opinion. We decided to move before our container arrived and luckily moved into our rental home in Beachlands 2 days before the container arrived. I am so glad we moved. We would rather have the long commute to the shops and work and live somewhere we are happy than live somewhere where we are always worried about the house being broken into...and our stuff being half inched.

The surrounding areas didnt have a good reputation. They looked scruffy and had old shopping trolleys overturned in the gutters etc and everything vandalised and graffiteed (sp?). HTH Sorry.