Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Watching UK TV in NZ

Watching UK TV in NZ

Old Aug 5th 2011, 7:04 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Watching UK TV in NZ

Quick question........I want to watch some programmes on BBC Iplayer but obviously my IP address gets me blocked, so what IP 'modifiers' do you use. I've tried Expat shield but it didn't work and I don't want to go downloading every one out there and try them all, so who has a reliable method?? (and cheap or free! )
Old Aug 5th 2011, 7:30 am
hanging in there

Hellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to all
Default Re: Watching UK TV in NZ

I'd like to know as well, missing some good ole british drama. Apparently BBCiplayer is going global soon but I first heard this back in 2009 so I am not sure how soon, soon is. Also I think there still may be a charge involved good old british licence fees.
Old Aug 5th 2011, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Uninstall expat shield completely and download it again from a different source.
I got it to work at the third attempt
Old Aug 5th 2011, 8:56 am

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol
Uninstall expat shield completely and download it again from a different source.
I got it to work at the third attempt
You genius!!!! It works!!
Old Aug 5th 2011, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Not just a pretty face

You ever get up the hill to the crows nest??
Old Aug 5th 2011, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

louloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to all

Am interested .... what is expat shield ...... ???? maybe will try and google it, does it come with basic install for the less techno minded ???

be good to watch some latest UK stuff that we are missing...
Old Aug 5th 2011, 10:44 am

Not just a pretty face

You ever get up the hill to the crows nest??
Been once. Seemed OK, just don't go on karaoke night! Problem is it's all on it's own. No good if you're looking for a pub crawl!
Old Aug 5th 2011, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

everywhere seems to be on its own.

wheres the best place to crawl from and to ??
Old Aug 5th 2011, 11:24 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Sofa, to fridge, to deck, to sofa, to fridge etc ...
Old Aug 5th 2011, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by louloumama
Am interested .... what is expat shield ...... ???? maybe will try and google it, does it come with basic install for the less techno minded ???

be good to watch some latest UK stuff that we are missing...
Do a search for expat shield on google. Basically, the Iplayers in the UK are only available to UK residents and they use your computers IP address, to check where in the world you are. Expat Shield tricks them into thinking you're in the UK........and it's all free!

You will, of course, start using lots of band width from your monthly broadband cap...........
Old Aug 5th 2011, 7:23 pm

True.....but now I'm moving nearer to the Nest, maybe I'll grab a few beers in there......We used to go to the footy club, then round to a mates, en route to Sizzle.......it's the one thing I 'properly' miss from the UK, decent pubs...

If you can get a lift there and back, Takapuna's the place for a decent pub crawl......just too far away!
Old Aug 5th 2011, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

Droidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud of

'If you can get a lift there and back, Takapuna's the place for a decent pub crawl......just too far away!'

And for some variety,just a bit further as long as it hasn't changed in the last 12 years,Devonport's got enough to amount to a crawl. Masonic,Patriot and that Hotel opposite the Ferry - Esplanade ? And there used to be a great indian restaurant in Victoria rd that did goat curry (Sigdi ?) to round things off. Making me jealous now. Session on !! Google'd em all and they're still going - must be something to be said for that ?
My defence is i'm in Chester for better or worse but off to Ibiza tomorrow ... swings and roundabouts ... enjoy your life

Oh and P.S. for old programs/films Bittorrent is your friend.

Last edited by Droidling; Aug 5th 2011 at 10:46 pm.
Old Aug 6th 2011, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by Droidling

Oh and P.S. for old programs/films Bittorrent is your friend.
Ssshhhhh.........I don't do that....it's illegal!
Old Aug 6th 2011, 2:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Sofa, to fridge, to deck, to sofa, to fridge etc ...
Spoken like a true Kiwi

Get your ass down to the pub and be sociable
Old Aug 6th 2011, 11:41 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Spoken like a true Kiwi

Get your ass down to the pub and be sociable
I would, but my two youngest somewhat cramp my style ...

But next weekend, promises, promises, I shall be giving it the large - watch out Tauranga!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.