Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Watching the Cricket?

Watching the Cricket?

Old Mar 29th 2015, 7:59 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Watching the Cricket?

Originally Posted by Blade Down Under
Easy for Australia. Classic bottling at the last from New Zealand

A minutes silence to all those traitors to the crown that chose NZ over England. Hahaha haha haha haha! !!!!!! Enjoy this moment when you don't renew your British passport when you become NZ citizens. Well you best never have a British passport again!

Oh I wish to celebrate round Rangiora tonight!
Old Mar 30th 2015, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

msi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nice
Default Re: Watching the Cricket?

These Black caps play cricket on tiny rugby grounds - hence, were destined to lose while playing at the MCG.

A ninety year old lady can top edge a ball for six at Eden Park. Next time, the WC final should be held there.

The captain was shamefully bowled for a duck in the first over in the most important match in the recorded history of NZ cricket - never reached WC final before.

Make sure you meet them

Here is where you can catch the Black Caps today:

1.45pm: Black Caps arrive at Auckland Airport

4pm: Fans to gather at Auckland's Queens Wharf for "welcome home" event

6pm: Black Caps arrive at Queens Wharf

6.30pm: Blacks Caps presentation ceremony

7pm: Welcome event wraps up
Old Mar 31st 2015, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

Blade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Woodlea
If you emigrate to NZ or Aus you have already chosen them over England.
Is that so

Then why does Marcel Desailly for example always support Ghana in world cups, the country of his birth??

and all those Americans that emigrate to England but always follow the USA in the Ryder Cup?

Or all those emigrated Australians in the UK who continue their following of the home country

loyal to the country that gave them the education and skills to go abroad

then again judging by your post, perhaps I see why the education system in England does fail some. Have you ever thought about going good back to school??? I recommend it. Pre school would be good although you may act a lot younger than them

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Apr 1st 2015 at 12:03 pm. Reason: Edit to quote
Old Mar 31st 2015, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Is that so

Then why does Marcel Desailly for example always support Ghana in world cups, the country of his birth??

and all those Americans that emigrate to England but always follow the USA in the Ryder Cup?

Or all those emigrated Australians in the UK who continue their following of the home country

loyal to the country that gave them the education and skills to go abroad

then again judging by your post, perhaps I see why the education system in England does fail some. Have you ever thought about going good back to school??? I recommend it. Pre school would be good although you may act a lot younger than them
I always support England but not over NZ. Thanks for your recommendation however I got my degree when they were actually worth something, before everyone could get one. Marcel Desailly is not a role model for me and celebrating your host country's loss is more pre-school than calling someone a twat so you are still a twat.
Old Mar 31st 2015, 10:02 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

I will always support England over NZ. Just because I live here doesn't mean I owe my allegiance to New Zealand. I will always be English and I'll never be a Kiwi even though I have a Kiwi passport. My Kiwi friends have informed me of this many times.

To call someone a 'twat' just because they don't agree with you is puerile in the extreme.
Old Apr 1st 2015, 1:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
I will always support England over NZ. Just because I live here doesn't mean I owe my allegiance to New Zealand. I will always be English and I'll never be a Kiwi even though I have a Kiwi passport. My Kiwi friends have informed me of this many times.

To call someone a 'twat' just because they don't agree with you is puerile in the extreme.
Read the post (#134) to which my response was to call him a 'twat' for calling me a traitor and then butt out.
Old Apr 1st 2015, 4:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Read the post (#134) to which my response was to call him a 'twat' for calling me a traitor and then butt out.
Yes, I read that and it still doesn't require you to call someone a 'twat'. It breaks Rule 1 as well, no personal attacks.
As this is a public forum, I see no reason to 'butt out'.
Old Apr 1st 2015, 4:55 am
Account Closed

Made me laugh how TV One news covering the black caps return to NZ and arriving at The Cloud for celebrations described them as having come 'second'. Had any other team come second then I'm damn sure that they would have been calling them 'the losing team' .

The semi-final against SA was a fantastic game and the nation can be proud of the black caps achievement.
Old Apr 1st 2015, 5:05 am
Forum Regular

Blade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond repute

I always support England but not over NZ. Thanks for your recommendation however I got my degree when they were actually worth something, before everyone could get one. Marcel Desailly is not a role model for me and celebrating your host country's loss is more pre-school than calling someone a twat so you are still a twat.
Ab

Last edited by Blade Down Under; Apr 1st 2015 at 5:19 am. Reason: can't be bothered to continue after seeing Rangiora and Chch celebration comments on first post
Old Apr 1st 2015, 5:43 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Can you all please stick to discussing the subject and refrain from the insults.

Thanks.
Old Apr 1st 2015, 6:03 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

agree - please stop with the insults

its not one else business who or what you support
Old Apr 1st 2015, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes, I read that and it still doesn't require you to call someone a 'twat'. It breaks Rule 1 as well, no personal attacks.
As this is a public forum, I see no reason to 'butt out'.
So please call the other person to task for personal attacks and puerile comments as well, otherwise like I said "butt out" if you're not gonna be even handed with your chastisement
Old Apr 1st 2015, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Ab
Yeah good idea to keep your mouth shut, because if you had got off your keyboard and come celebrating New Zealand's loss on Sunday in Rangiora as you wished to in cyberspace you should have got a flat nose. However you probably wouldn't have considering the good nature of the locals. If you do want to give it a go, let me know as I like to see a bully get taken down a peg or two
Old Apr 1st 2015, 8:51 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Can you all please stick to discussing the subject and refrain from the insults.
It's descending to near Australian levels of juvenile insults, or "high wit" as Haddin would call it. In a way every team ended up winning because they got to go home...except Australia of course.

Actually I quite enjoyed watching lots of teams and individuals play, the love and dedication towards the game is the most important aspect in cheering for a team. It's been great to see kids playing in the streets as well.

England are still in with a shot at a cricket world cup but it looks like it'll be left to the womens team in 2017 .
Old Apr 1st 2015, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, me too always England over NZ, be it cricket or footy (unlikely to play in the latter I guess), but was supporting NZ after England's dismal efforts.

Fear for the Ashes this summer, though there's too much emphasis on this against the other series. Interesting Aussie selections for the Ashes with a few of the World Cup team not considered and couple of mid 30's players selected for debuts.
Before that England should beat West Indies who'll have a few players missing with the Indian T20, if they don't they will be or should be some blood letting. Then England v NZ should be interesting, current form NZ would be favourites has certainly have the better bowlers at the mo, with Anderson & Broad a shadow of the former selves and no apparent successors.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.