British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Washing by the river (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/washing-river-439062/)

Fireman Al Apr 1st 2007 9:08 am

Washing by the river

Hi All !!!

Now that our container has turned up and deposited said contents in and all over our house, started unpacking, plumbed in washing machine but i don't know if it's quite working the same as in UK....anyone else experience similar problems ?...

Al.:unsure:

karonious Apr 1st 2007 9:18 am

Re: Washing by the river

Originally Posted by Fireman Al (Post 4588267)
Hi All !!!

Now that our container has turned up and deposited said contents in and all over our house, started unpacking, plumbed in washing machine but i don't know if it's quite working the same as in UK....anyone else experience similar problems ?...

Hi Al,
that doesn't sound good - have some washing karma to ease the pain :(
You won't want to hear ours worked as it ought so far.......

any chance you can claim it off your insurance?

Fireman Al Apr 1st 2007 9:19 am

Originally Posted by karonious (Post 4588288)
Hi Al,
that doesn't sound good - have some washing karma to ease the pain :(
You won't want to hear ours worked as it ought so far.......

any chance you can claim it off your insurance?

Possibly, paid a bloody lot for it as it's used nearly every day so didn't expect it to not perform so as to speak !!

Al.

sky Apr 1st 2007 9:31 am

Originally Posted by Fireman Al (Post 4588267)
Hi All !!!

Is your water pressure ok, maybe that's making it act funny :confused:

Fireman Al Apr 1st 2007 9:40 am

Originally Posted by sky (Post 4588308)
Is your water pressure ok, maybe that's making it act funny :confused:

It seems to be okay, just doesn't want to spin properly, i've tried kicking it, talking sweetly to it but alas, nothing....

:o

lardyl Apr 1st 2007 9:44 am

Originally Posted by Fireman Al (Post 4588354)
It seems to be okay, just doesn't want to spin properly, i've tried kicking it, talking sweetly to it but alas, nothing....
:o

mm....I could pop up and have a look - did you fit the transit bolts before you transported it? and more importantly did you take them out before using it again!??
Also best to use "front loader" powder rather than the other foamy stuff......if you have sensitive skin dont go looking in New World in Orewa as they seem permanently out of stock of the front loader sensitive Persil - they do have some multipurpose liquid though that seems to make our trust Bosch function *far* better than the f*** & p*** top loader we used for two months!!! :p

Fireman Al Apr 1st 2007 9:48 am

Originally Posted by lardyl (Post 4588367)
mm....I could pop up and have a look - did you fit the transit bolts before you transported it? and more importantly did you take them out before using it again!??
Also best to use "front loader" powder rather than the other foamy stuff......if you have sensitive skin dont go looking in New World in Orewa as they seem permanently out of stock of the front loader sensitive Persil - they do have some multipurpose liquid though that seems to make our trust Bosch function *far* better than the f*** & p*** top loader we used for two months!!! :p

Yep, bolts fitted before voyage and removed before clothes inserted into said machine, seen that about the powder, bloody f***ing stupid stuff.
May have to get Mrs Al to do it !!!! ha ha

Jack The Lad Apr 1st 2007 10:20 am

Originally Posted by Fireman Al (Post 4588377)

I was gonna say "What the hell are you doing even touching the washing machine?" :thumbdown:

I know where ours it and that yer lot mate :thumbup:

sky Apr 1st 2007 10:39 am

It sounds broken to me, can't think of any other reason for it not to spin :unsure:

Kick it again and see what happens, if nothing else it'll make you feel better :D

lardyl Apr 1st 2007 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Fireman Al (Post 4588377)
Yep, bolts fitted before voyage and removed before clothes inserted into said machine, seen that about the powder, bloody f***ing stupid stuff.

hey, could have a look inside if you want - I have taken quite a few machines apart in the past (mainly to find out why/whether they started fires, bu done some repairs to them - me dad used to service white goods amongst other appliances and he used to bodge together the odd machine - we were the only people around with a Hotpoint washer with half of the fascia made out of plywood I'd venture!!).
Good luck - what make is it BTW? Got some connections at the odd manufacturers and could find out where to get if fixed (or who not to use).....:eek:

trigod Apr 1st 2007 9:09 pm

My plumbing has been a little dodgy since we arrived, must have been something I ate in Singapore!! :rofl:

RobClubley Apr 1st 2007 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by trigod (Post 4590030)
My plumbing has been a little dodgy since we arrived, must have been something I ate in Singapore!! :rofl:

Too much information! :D

trigod Apr 1st 2007 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by RobClubley (Post 4590058)
Too much information! :D

He he, I was just trying to be helpful!

Talking of washing machines, does anyone know where we can get a good, cheap front loader as we need one for our new house next week and we can't have a Toploader (.....dancing in the moonlight!) He he :thumbsup:

SavBlancGal Apr 1st 2007 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by trigod (Post 4590075)
He he, I was just trying to be helpful!

Talking of washing machines, does anyone know where we can get a good, cheap front loader as we need one for our new house next week and we can't have a Toploader (.....dancing in the moonlight!) He he :thumbsup:

I've got a Bosch Maxx 1000 6.5kg front loader for sale. Not quite 2 years old. Cost $1,300 new. Selling for $650. There's nothing wrong with it, it's just that it was the first front loader I've ever owned and I realised I'm too disorganised... I needed a washing machine that I can keep adding stuff too while it's being used (got a new toploader now). As you're in Auckland and we're in Katikati, this is probably not really that helpful, but just thought I'd mention it.

danny.f Apr 1st 2007 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by SavBlancGal (Post 4590394)
I've got a Bosch Maxx 1000 6.5kg front loader for sale. Not quite 2 years old. Cost $1,300 new. Selling for $650. There's nothing wrong with it, it's just that it was the first front loader I've ever owned and I realised I'm too disorganised... I needed a washing machine that I can keep adding stuff too while it's being used (got a new toploader now). As you're in Auckland and we're in Katikati, this is probably not really that helpful, but just thought I'd mention it.

Jesus-you haven't wasted a good opportunity there have ya? Al's machine is fooooked,I know....let's advertise ours!! Class!!:rofl: