Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Washer/dryer machine

Washer/dryer machine

Old Feb 17th 2008, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute
Question Washer/dryer machine

Following on from Dreamfish's thread about laundry, I wonder if anybody has a washer dryer in particular the Indesit Ecosense Omega 1100 model? The reason I'm asking is cos I feel particularly stupid/confused by this machine's inability to dry clothes. Having always had a separate washing machine and tumble dryer in the UK, this was the first time I have used a washer dryer (in the rental place) and even though I set it to 120 mins and put the temp to maximum, the washing was still wet when it came out.

What am I doing wrong? I set the programme dial to the number corresponding to dryer, set the temp to max, set the timer, watch the clothes go round and round, wait till it stops, take em out and feel exasperated each time with the still wet clothes! :curse:

Helpppppppppppppp
Old Feb 17th 2008, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Washer/dryer machine

Originally Posted by cappuccino
Following on from Dreamfish's thread about laundry, I wonder if anybody has a washer dryer in particular the Indesit Ecosense Omega 1100 model? The reason I'm asking is cos I feel particularly stupid/confused by this machine's inability to dry clothes. Having always had a separate washing machine and tumble dryer in the UK, this was the first time I have used a washer dryer (in the rental place) and even though I set it to 120 mins and put the temp to maximum, the washing was still wet when it came out.

What am I doing wrong? I set the programme dial to the number corresponding to dryer, set the temp to max, set the timer, watch the clothes go round and round, wait till it stops, take em out and feel exasperated each time with the still wet clothes! :curse:

Helpppppppppppppp
Is it one with a drawer to collect the water? if so make sure you empty it regularly. If not, dunno
Old Feb 17th 2008, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light

Sounds broken!!!!!!!!!

I had a washer drier in the UK and it was crap!!!!!!!!!!

Did you leave a full load of washing in and try to dry it?
They can't dry as much as they can wash!!! (if you get my drift.

Try just putting one t-shirt or something in to see if it is working or not.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by owen
Is it one with a drawer to collect the water? if so make sure you empty it regularly. If not, dunno
hmm, I can't see any drawer to collect water. Can't get the bottom kick plate off to see if its there either but nothing else obvious. Where would the water collector usually be located?
Old Feb 17th 2008, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light

Was it not sunny or windy in Wellington today??????

Don't you have a line?

I put bed sheets out at 4.30pm they were dry by 6pm an hour in the airing cupboard and they are now back on the bed!!!!!!
Old Feb 17th 2008, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

hmm, I can't see any drawer to collect water. Can't get the bottom kick plate off to see if its there either but nothing else obvious. Where would the water collector usually be located?
On my old one (not your make) there was a drawer at the bottom in the front. Like the other poster, they're rubbish
Old Feb 17th 2008, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Nope, I'm just in a tiny bedsit with no outside space to speak of :-( Obviously I would have taken advantage of the weather but it just isn't possible here.

I didn't have a very large load so expected it not to be a problem.

Oh well... guess I will have to wear the same clothes over and over again and smell till I get my own shipment in a few weeks time :-)

Last edited by cappuccino; Feb 17th 2008 at 7:06 am. Reason: .
Old Feb 17th 2008, 7:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Ah bugger, I guess its coat hangers over the curtain rail then!!!

I think my water just went down the same pipe as the wash water, but don't they use steam to dry by or something strange???????
Old Feb 17th 2008, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jueinnz
Ah bugger, I guess its coat hangers over the curtain rail then!!!
The jeans I washed on monday and hung over a chair to dry took 4 days!!!! This place is quite cold. Guess I could resort to using my hairdryer :-)
Old Feb 17th 2008, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Maybe the local laundry mart place could be an option then..., do you have to pay for electricity cause you will be eating through it, at this rate.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Nope, no electricity or internet to pay... so I am making the most of it but yeh I think I will have to resort to the local laundrette.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

You could try searching on the internet for instructions for the particular make and model. I had an Ariston one years ago - it was ok but not as good as having them separate.
There must be somewhere the water empties to unless it is already fully plumbed in.
Is there a fluff collector like on a tumble dryer - if they are too full, nothing dries really.

Why not moan to the landlord?????
Old Feb 17th 2008, 8:10 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

is there a panel the width of the machine across the bottom, just up from the floor ?

can you slide this panel sideways to release it? thats where my water collector is located.

(scrap that - you refer to a kick plate - can this slide sideways?)

usually where you find the fluff collectors on washine machines too.

anyway, if that panel does come off you should find a plastic handle (like a drawer) that you can pull out.

Be wary - it could be full of water and these collectors are STUPID designs. expect some spillage

Also - dry on a medium or low setting rather than high - sometimes it generates so much steam that they come out wetter than when they went in. You could also put the clothes on an extra spin cycle to get rid of excess wetness.

gawd i DO need a life