Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Wanting to submit ITA in person - any advise gratefully received

Wanting to submit ITA in person - any advise gratefully received

Old Aug 24th 2009, 4:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Wanting to submit ITA in person - any advise gratefully received

Thank you all so much for your help.

I will check out that shop at the rear - may bribe the children with that one xx They are past the stage of insisting of going to the toilet at the most critical moment but you can be sure they will think of something. A trip to a shop is always a good one - especially the youngest.

Mnb - follow my threads for 'questions so dumb no one else will ask' i reckon i will be good at that one

Lardyl - thanks for the advice about not binding the documents and keeping stuff in order. so far its all been going in an envelope -and out again - and in again - and out again !!!! Its all handy to know.

J19fmm - (another dumb question) if your chap is currently a 'Civil enforcement officer' could he become a prison warder? there was a thread on here a couple of weeks ago that said they were always looking for them and his job sounds similar!!

like i said i could become good at dumb questions x
Old Aug 24th 2009, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Psychopandy
J19fmm - (another dumb question) if your chap is currently a 'Civil enforcement officer' could he become a prison warder? there was a thread on here a couple of weeks ago that said they were always looking for them and his job sounds similar!!

like i said i could become good at dumb questions x
CEO means a Traffic Warden in human speak yup we looked into the Prison Warder thing. If you are applying from UK you need to have been a Warder here for 4 years (which of course he hasn't been) or if in NZ with a right to work just apply!!
So yes the catch 22 comes in to play. Get a job, get a visa, need a job to get a visa...blah blah blah.
Perhaps we should ask for a 'Dumb Question of the Month' pole, sure I've done a good few of them too
Old Aug 24th 2009, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by j19fmm
CEO means a Traffic Warden in human speak yup we looked into the Prison Warder thing. If you are applying from UK you need to have been a Warder here for 4 years (which of course he hasn't been) or if in NZ with a right to work just apply!!
So yes the catch 22 comes in to play. Get a job, get a visa, need a job to get a visa...blah blah blah.
Perhaps we should ask for a 'Dumb Question of the Month' pole, sure I've done a good few of them too
So if hes a traffic warden and im an estate agent. We are probably the 2 most unpopular people on here!!! probably best keep this to ourselves x

We could pool our dumb questions together - then we could win the pole for sure
Old Aug 24th 2009, 8:58 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

So if hes a traffic warden and im an estate agent. We are probably the 2 most unpopular people on here!!! probably best keep this to ourselves x

Hi and just want to say congrats and good luck for handing in on Friday
We handed ours in a week ago tomorrow and then had a nice day in london, very helful people, very thorough adn yes we also had all our papers back to bring home with us, which is good if nothing else and you get given a different number then, application number not an EOI number (which you no longer then use), thats for pr application though yeah?

Let us know how it goes, and yes the kiwi shop in the arcade behind is wicked, lush handcream, lol and sweets.
Tina.
Old Aug 24th 2009, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by willand tina_h
Hi and just want to say congrats and good luck for handing in on Friday
We handed ours in a week ago tomorrow and then had a nice day in london, very helful people, very thorough adn yes we also had all our papers back to bring home with us, which is good if nothing else and you get given a different number then, application number not an EOI number (which you no longer then use), thats for pr application though yeah?

Let us know how it goes, and yes the kiwi shop in the arcade behind is wicked, lush handcream, lol and sweets.
Tina.
Hi, thanks
I will let you know how it goes.
That will be 3 or 4 of us that have all handed ours ITA s in by hand in recent weeks.
On your marks....get set........ Wait some more xx
Old Aug 24th 2009, 9:18 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, thanks
I will let you know how it goes.
That will be 3 or 4 of us that have all handed ours ITA s in by hand in recent weeks.
On your marks....get set........ Wait some more xx
I just said that to my other half, and there is 3 or 4 due to fly out in the next week or so, showing us it is possible
Old Aug 24th 2009, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

I just said that to my other half, and there is 3 or 4 due to fly out in the next week or so, showing us it is possible
It takes so long getting everything sorted out though eh. How long did it take you to get this far?
We have been planning this since we visited in early 07. Weve been fortunate to sell the house in May 08, been in a rental since, 'temporary'
OH went over in May 09 to try and secure a job, as he was getting nowhere from this side. As we werent sure it was going to pay off we decided it was to expensive for us all to go. Almost 3 weeks of the longest time of my life. It wasnt easy waving him off but it turned out good in the end.
It seems to have been so long in the offing but in reality we only submitted the EOI in June, so i dont suppose we have done to bad.
There are plenty of timelines on peoples signatures but there is no uniformity to any of them. You really couldnt anticipate when you were likely to get to the end.
Old Aug 24th 2009, 10:18 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Pole . What pole ? Sounds slippery to me.
Old Aug 25th 2009, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BEVS
Pole . What pole ? Sounds slippery to me.
We didnt mean anything by it, honest. please dont tell me off....im new here
probably would be splippery though!!
Old Aug 26th 2009, 10:47 pm
appreciate life

Post Re: Wanting to submit ITA in person - any advise gratefully received

We didnt mean anything by it, honest. please dont tell me off....im new here
probably would be splippery though!!
We started the ball rolling in Jan this year, has gone so fast , just have to sit tight now and play the fetch me bring me game with immigration hope to get everything they require asap, although we thought we had everything they wanted, always something else though aaarrrggg!!!! never ibd will all be worth while I am sure.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

We started the ball rolling in Jan this year, has gone so fast , just have to sit tight now and play the fetch me bring me game with immigration hope to get everything they require asap, although we thought we had everything they wanted, always something else though aaarrrggg!!!! never ibd will all be worth while I am sure.
Oh has spent hours this week putting stuff in the envelope and taking it out again, counting stuff, checking stuff, should we take this, should we take that. He's decided that as i have a slight curvature of the spine ( nothing that shows without an x ray) i dont belong in Notre' dame or anything.
We should take my xray plate with us - so tomorrow we will be wandering round Old London Town with several enourmous packages with us. They will probably just send us away with it, but you never know.
Im really grateful that you have taken the time to respond. I wish you all the best in your endeavours.

I noticed on your signature you have added a bit at the end now - do you mind me asking what that is, i havent heard of a 'MA' .
Like i said before lots of dumb questions x
Thanks again - got to go pack now x
Old Aug 27th 2009, 11:05 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

MA = a dreaded Medical Assessor

Now, never mind all that. What sort of pole did you have in mind?

One of them that strapping fit firemen slide down

or a pole dancing pole , the likes of which my mate back in the UK has set up in her lounge.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

Reylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to all

Oh has spent hours this week putting stuff in the envelope and taking it out again, counting stuff, checking stuff, should we take this, should we take that. He's decided that as i have a slight curvature of the spine ( nothing that shows without an x ray) i dont belong in Notre' dame or anything.
We should take my xray plate with us - so tomorrow we will be wandering round Old London Town with several enourmous packages with us. They will probably just send us away with it, but you never know.
Im really grateful that you have taken the time to respond. I wish you all the best in your endeavours.

I noticed on your signature you have added a bit at the end now - do you mind me asking what that is, i havent heard of a 'MA' .
Like i said before lots of dumb questions x
Thanks again - got to go pack now x
Hi There, just wanted to wish you luck for tomorrow!!
Old Aug 31st 2009, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BEVS
MA = a dreaded Medical Assessor

Now, never mind all that. What sort of pole did you have in mind?

One of them that strapping fit firemen slide down

or a pole dancing pole , the likes of which my mate back in the UK has set up in her lounge.
I like the sound of the fireman kind - do they have them there? is it something i could seek out???
Not sure about the one in the lounge though - id never get tea cooked - The OH would have me 'playing' on it all the time
Old Aug 31st 2009, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Reylan
Hi There, just wanted to wish you luck for tomorrow!!
Hi Reylan - thanks for the good wishes, i got them on the way down to London on Friday - mobile technology is fab x

So we got there, about 1 ish on Friday, got a ticket, waited 1 hr 20 mins, then the (english) immigration chap told my OH that he was to busy to process the ITA as he was to busy
So my OH had a little paddy and the man saw sense in the end. He went through the paperwork and lodged the ITA so we got the special number but still wouldnt copy any of the documents so we could bring them away with us - part of the reason for taking them, in the first place!

The lady in the other booth had been copying the documents for other people but we clearly caught this guy on a bad day - he'd told the previous people - and i quote 'if you have no further relevant questions i would like you to leave' - thats never a good start

So, i guess we sit and wait - apparently we have a co already due to job offer but as you good people all know that doesnt help in working out how long this could take.

Ding ding, round ????

Thanks again Reylan, i appreciate your help - I forgot the NZ shop though!!! what a plonker?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.