Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

wanting to move to nz but lack of points

wanting to move to nz but lack of points

Old Apr 17th 2005, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

seanwhite13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy wanting to move to nz but lack of points

looking for advice on moving to nz auckland area but qualifications are a problem due to being self employed for most of my career
Old Apr 18th 2005, 8:27 pm
Banned

tears in the wind is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: wanting to move to nz but lack of points

Originally Posted by seanwhite13
looking for advice on moving to nz auckland area but qualifications are a problem due to being self employed for most of my career
You dont say what area you have been self employed in & think it might be a little more helpful if you could give us some idea so we know what your looking for!

Matt
Old Apr 18th 2005, 11:00 pm
Deb+Chris

Originally Posted by seanwhite13
What a rubbish post.. you tell the forum absolutely jack sh*t about anything!! come on lad.. spill it..

What do you do for a living?
What do you want to know about moving to Auckland?

More information purlease???

Bet he never re-appears!! LOL!! dontcha just love em?!!

Old Apr 19th 2005, 9:05 am
Just Joined

they call me legion will become famous soon enoughthey call me legion will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Deb+Chris
What a rubbish post.. you tell the forum absolutely jack sh*t about anything!! come on lad.. spill it..

What do you do for a living?
What do you want to know about moving to Auckland?

More information purlease???

Bet he never re-appears!! LOL!! dontcha just love em?!!
Good Luck Sean. Hope you find the answers you are looking for and are successful in your quest for something better in New Zealand.

If you are lucky enough to get away from the ignorant, 'better-than-thou', unhelpful half-wits that posted the above reply, it's bound to be a step in the right direction. I see from their location that they are still in the UK, so wouldn't give any weight to their negative comments. Probably one of these couples who think about moving for a heartbeat only and never get any further that talking to Kiwi's on open forums, from the saftey and comfort of their wee house in Little Britain.
If you are out there "Deb+Chris", why not give this guy a break?
If you don't have the life experiences to give him advice on a positive start, why not just wind you necks in, get back to the train-spotting, pruning your bush, knitting or whatever the hell it is you do in your hum-drum, insignificant lives and leave people with a bit of ambition, nounce and drive to make a better life for themselves.
If your not part of the solution, your part of the problem......

Bet we don't see Chris+Debs back again?? No great loss!!

Once again Sean, Best of Luck with you application.
Maybe see you in the 'Fiddler' for a few one day??

Last edited by they call me legion; Apr 19th 2005 at 9:09 am.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 12:36 pm
Damages

If you are out there "Deb+Chris", why not give this guy a break?
If you don't have the life experiences to give him advice on a positive start, why not just wind you necks in,
I can tell you're a newbie 'Legion' you obviously don't know the legendary Debs. If you did you'd know that she has lived in NZ so can speak from experience. We don't always agree with her (in fact rarely agree with her) but value some of her information nonetheless (I think I'm alone there),

get back to the train-spotting, pruning your bush,
oo-er Missus!

If your not part of the solution, your part of the problem......
she put me on to a contact in NZ who has been extremely helpful, and she takes the flak that everyone throws in her direction (quite rightly sometimes - sorry, Debs).

I don't think she's going anywhere and she's been here a lot longer than you, and personally I think that when she makes a lot of her comments she has her tongue firmly in her cheek, but you'd have to understand the British sense of humour to get it (oops! wrong thread).

GUYS, THERE MUST BE SOME WEIRD PHASE OF THE MOON OCCURING AT THE MO THAT'S AFFECTING OUR TEMPERAMENTS 'COS THERE ARE SOME RIGHT DING-DONGS GOING ON ON THIS FORUM! THERE'LL BE SWORDS DRAWN BEFORE WE KNOW IT. I PERSONALLY LOVE A BIT OF CONFLICT. KEEP IT UP!

Phyllis

Old Apr 19th 2005, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

they call me legion will become famous soon enoughthey call me legion will become famous soon enough

Many thanks for the reply Phyllis! You are correct in your assumption that I don't know 'Debs' - nor do I want to. The migration process is both tedious and arduous and I think that anyone who shows an interest should be given support, not belittled with abuse on a public forum. If 'Debs' does indeed have this experience, why doesn't she use it to the advantage of others.
All very well making glib, almost abusive comments from her ivory tower, but she has to remeber the hassle most of had getting here...
This guy was only looking for a helping hand (albeit a bit vague) but the response he got was totally uncalled for.
Hope he does well and get here in the end.
Thanks again for your observations; I'm sure I'll hear from Debs in her own good time.
Best Wishes!!!

Originally Posted by Damages
I can tell you're a newbie 'Legion' you obviously don't know the legendary Debs. If you did you'd know that she has lived in NZ so can speak from experience. We don't always agree with her (in fact rarely agree with her) but value some of her information nonetheless (I think I'm alone there),

oo-er Missus!

she put me on to a contact in NZ who has been extremely helpful, and she takes the flak that everyone throws in her direction (quite rightly sometimes - sorry, Debs).

I don't think she's going anywhere and she's been here a lot longer than you, and personally I think that when she makes a lot of her comments she has her tongue firmly in her cheek, but you'd have to understand the British sense of humour to get it (oops! wrong thread).

GUYS, THERE MUST BE SOME WEIRD PHASE OF THE MOON OCCURING AT THE MO THAT'S AFFECTING OUR TEMPERAMENTS 'COS THERE ARE SOME RIGHT DING-DONGS GOING ON ON THIS FORUM! THERE'LL BE SWORDS DRAWN BEFORE WE KNOW IT. I PERSONALLY LOVE A BIT OF CONFLICT. KEEP IT UP!

Phyllis
Old Apr 19th 2005, 2:09 pm
Deb+Chris

Originally Posted by they call me legion

Hello why so serious?

Old Apr 21st 2005, 1:43 am
Banned

tears in the wind is an unknown quantity at this point

Getting back to the original posting we still dont know what type of work this guy is looking for so if anyone is to give him some serious options or help in anyway it really would help to know what field he is looking into wouldnt it??

Matt
Old Apr 21st 2005, 2:28 am
Forum Regular

Cassa has a spectacular aura aboutCassa has a spectacular aura aboutCassa has a spectacular aura about

Many thanks for the reply Phyllis! You are correct in your assumption that I don't know 'Debs' - nor do I want to. The migration process is both tedious and arduous and I think that anyone who shows an interest should be given support, not belittled with abuse on a public forum. If 'Debs' does indeed have this experience, why doesn't she use it to the advantage of others.
All very well making glib, almost abusive comments from her ivory tower, but she has to remeber the hassle most of had getting here...
This guy was only looking for a helping hand (albeit a bit vague) but the response he got was totally uncalled for.
Hope he does well and get here in the end.
Thanks again for your observations; I'm sure I'll hear from Debs in her own good time.
Best Wishes!!!

Calm down, calm down. Whats all this then?
Damages is right, lots of attacking going on of late. I read Deb's post as being a bit tongue in cheek....... You then jumped to all sorts of wrong conclusions about Deb.

Lets all take a big chill pill!
Old Apr 21st 2005, 6:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Cassa
Calm down, calm down. Whats all this then?
Damages is right, lots of attacking going on of late. I read Deb's post as being a bit tongue in cheek....... You then jumped to all sorts of wrong conclusions about Deb.

Lets all take a big chill pill!
Hi there Cassa and many thanks for the reply!!

In response, I can only say that I may have jumped to the wrong conclusions about Debs, but I know of two others who read her post and also thought that it was uncalled for. If you read this for the first time, and don't know her 'sense of humour', what opinion of Debs would you draw from it????

As I say, migration is a long process, and everyone has to start somewhere. Alot of people, including myself, come to these forums as a point of reference and seek answers to questions from people who have already completed the process. You would like to think that people with experience, good or bad, would share it with you instead of going to the trouble of posting unhelpful comments.

The move, for alot of people, is a life changing experience. Debs should take this into account before being so negative. If Sean (or anyone else looking for help) has read her glib reply and been deterred from proceeding any further, it would be a real shame. To think that someones future may be determined by toxic comments, no matter how 'tongue in cheek', really makes my blood boil.

In years to come, I truely hope that Sean and his wife find themselves happily settled in NZ and are not sitting in Cumbria thinking 'if only.....'.

Comments and advice, like the post by 'pompymike', are what this forum is supposed to be about. All very well that Debs has been lucky enough to experience life in the Southern hemisphere, but to scupper someone else's dream is just downright nasty.

Anyway, I think that I've said my piece now. Time to veer away from this line of response.

Good Luck Sean!!
Old Apr 21st 2005, 11:31 am
Deb+Chris

So does this mean we're friends now? Even though you did call me a trainspotter!!!!

Old Apr 21st 2005, 11:45 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Deb+Chris
So does this mean we're friends now? Even though you did call me a trainspotter!!!!
Sure, life's too short!!
Old Apr 21st 2005, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Sure, life's too short!!

Does this mean it is safe to come back on?
Has all the shouting stopped?
KAZ
Old Apr 21st 2005, 3:15 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kaz Hen
Does this mean it is safe to come back on?
Has all the shouting stopped?
KAZ
Seems as though everyone's back on apart from Sean - Where are you?
Old Apr 21st 2005, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

seanwhite13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: wanting to move to nz but lack of points

Originally Posted by pompeymike
According to Sean's profile he is a fibreglass laminator. He might be interested to know that his occupation is on the Immediate Skill Shortage list for Auckland (NZSCO 81321) and if he hasn't got a qualification for it then 4 years work experience will suffice.

Mike
hi mike what a refreshing change someone whos read the profile and taken time to construct some interesting info ,as a new user finding your way through the expat system is strange enough without all the other nonsense so as for information regarding my situation a limited amout has done wat i set out to do get a response from people like yourself and SOME others then we can build on this . there arent any quals availiable in the uk as such for fibreglass laminating but as for expirience ive been involved in a family run business for 20 yrs involved in boat building and motorsport making panels for rally cars using epoxy resins carbon and kevlar work also bomb disposal helmets and safety wear .could you please elaborate on the nzsco81321 we have looked into moving using 4 corners and then found the problems my wife has an aunt in auckland and they are also trying to help with info weve been over three times to auckland and have now decided that the uk aint wat we want for our 2 children 4 and 11 thanks once again for your help and anyone else out there that has anything constructive to offer we would be grtaeful if not dont bother thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.