Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Wanted Down Under - NZ

Wanted Down Under - NZ

Old Jan 12th 2010, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Wanted Down Under - NZ

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson
We have taken the gravy granules each time we have been with no problems. The reason we take the granules is we get 2 for a £1 in Tesco and they sell $7 each in NZ so my daughter says.
That sounds about right
Old Jan 12th 2010, 8:43 am
kamburu pat

kamburu pat will become famous soon enoughkamburu pat will become famous soon enough

This fourth series isn`t as good and very Australia biased. Today, it`s another visit to Darwin and later this week, a second visit to Auckland. My son, who has lived in Wellington for fourteen years, is here with me at present, he said to me yesterday, "why are you watching that programme, all they do is say, it`s not like our house at home, or they moan about camping out in the bush for a week end!"
Pat.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

ukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really nice

Just bumping as its NZ today (Friday) - Auckland!
Old Jan 15th 2010, 11:20 am
kamburu pat

kamburu pat will become famous soon enoughkamburu pat will become famous soon enough

I watched the Auckland programme today, and I see there is another Auckland one next week. As I said, this series isn`t as good, there will soon have been three Darwin, three Perth, three Cairns and three Auckland, so not much variety of destinations. There are twenty programmes in total, so as yet I don`t know if there will be any other locations than the ones stated.
The family today put their decision on hold till the younger son has sorted out his education options.
Pat.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

I do wonder when the BBC will realise that Auckland is NOT in Australia as they keep putting on the programme information
Old Jan 15th 2010, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

truditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nice

Great to see Titirangi on there today, that was where we lived when we were in NZ, brings back memories
Old Jan 16th 2010, 12:55 am

george toni is an unknown quantity at this point

again all tis programe is any good for is seeing a very small bit of Auckland.

What a bloody joke no wonder loads on here go straight there

as for those who go on there another joke (on the whole) as they are all bar maybe one or two just in it for a free trip, you cant tell me they didnt know they were going to wait for there son before this show (havnt seen it just going on previous post)

so sorry but I still think its a crap bit of tv for all than a bit of xscenery watching.

george
Old Jan 16th 2010, 1:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

"Bob's mistake" looked like fun!
Old Jan 16th 2010, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

louloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to all

Yes - the water park they were at is the Waiwera Thermal Park . We went there last year when we visited NZ.

Had a fab time there but it all felt a bit rickety and in need of some repair in parts ........ here in the UK I am sure there would have been disclaimers and warning signs galore, "Do this, Don't do this, Stand here" etc. , actually I don't think Health and Safety would ever have passed it !!!!! - maybe it was for that reason that we enjoyed ourselves there so much.....

Old Jan 16th 2010, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

aalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud of

I just watched this programme again (don't know why?) but if the BBC sat them down and let them watch the video messages off of their famillies then they'd save themselves a hell of a lot of money in not having to send them half way acoss the world to find out it's not for them!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 17th 2010, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

Cadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Psychopandy
When OH came over in May he was asked to bring tea bags and chocolate for the cousin he was staying with. He declared both coming through customs and the man said they were fine - so we thought that we could put some in the container - but the Crown man said NO - wasnt happy but there you go.
So we carried them through - no problems (apart from the excess weight!)
Not sure about the gravy granules - but i would say give it a try cos you may struggle to get them here x we are - had cottage pie for tea last night and we had oxo but that doesnt make a decent gravy x
The customs man was asking about meat, fruit and spices, and wanted to know if we had footie boots n wellies (mud i guess) but wasnt bothered by the tea bags
We had a little 'fun' at the airport at Auckland with the bio people - my kidlets hate airline food so Grampy had kindly packed them some sandwiches. We remembered to dump the uneaten cheese ones but forgot about the ham ones

Luckily for us, a lovely lady with a beagle sniffed them out before we got to customs and saved us a $200 fine!
Old Jan 17th 2010, 6:29 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aalls73
I just watched this programme again (don't know why?) but if the BBC sat them down and let them watch the video messages off of their famillies then they'd save themselves a hell of a lot of money in not having to send them half way acoss the world to find out it's not for them!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 21st 2010, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

ukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really nice

Auckland again today

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00q4594
Old Jan 21st 2010, 8:14 am
kamburu pat

UKKiwi.
Tell me and other members, what have you thought of this series?
As you are in Britain, like myself, would you agree this has been disappointing?
I spent last winter in NZ so didn`t see the last series, I know we have a new presenter, Nicky Chapman, but the families don`t get to choose whether to live in country, coast or city any more, they are told where to go, they don`t get to choose a location and worst of all, there have been multiples of the same four locations, no Dunedin, Christchurch, Wellington etc, presumably it`s a cost thing?
Pat.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kamburu pat
UKKiwi.
Tell me and other members, what have you thought of this series?
As you are in Britain, like myself, would you agree this has been disappointing?
I spent last winter in NZ so didn`t see the last series, I know we have a new presenter, Nicky Chapman, but the families don`t get to choose whether to live in country, coast or city any more, they are told where to go, they don`t get to choose a location and worst of all, there have been multiples of the same four locations, no Dunedin, Christchurch, Wellington etc, presumably it`s a cost thing?
Pat.
Agree its been poor especially as its only covered Auckland in NZ and Darwin, Cairns and Perth in Aussie. I can only think its the BBC cutting costs or they have been paid to promote these few cities specifically.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.