British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   wanted down under (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/wanted-down-under-446167/)

rockape Apr 30th 2007 3:49 pm

wanted down under

Hi All,
Just wondering if any body who applyed has had a reply, as I was asked if I had more to keep the audience guessing.
And that was the last I heard

So has anybody heard anything????????????????????????

Regards

rockape.

Jack The Lad Apr 30th 2007 6:47 pm

Re: wanted down under

Originally Posted by rockape (Post 4718636)
Hi All,
Just wondering if any body who applyed has had a reply, as I was asked if I had more to keep the audience guessing.

Regards

rockape.

I havent. Not even an acknowledgement that they recieved the email. To be honest I think its disgusting and damn right rude :mad:

suzi n steve Apr 30th 2007 10:09 pm

Not heard anything either. Bah humbug :frown:

Mandie Apr 30th 2007 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by rockape (Post 4718636)
Hi All,

Regards

rockape.

They've spoken to me and OH, asked for family photo, couple of emails then last week they phoned to speak to my children...been told will hear in couple of weeks if shortlisted:eek: though speaking to my two hormonal teenagers may have ruined our chances of getting on the programme:rofl:

there must be others who have had contact!!!

karonious May 1st 2007 12:11 am

Originally Posted by Mandie.H (Post 4720474)
They've spoken to me and OH, asked for family photo, couple of emails then last week they phoned to speak to my children...been told will hear in couple of weeks if shortlisted:eek: though speaking to my two hormonal teenagers may have ruined our chances of getting on the programme:rofl:

Nah, hormonal teenagers would really up the ratings: you're IN!! :thumbup:

Jack The Lad May 1st 2007 6:39 am

Originally Posted by Mandie.H (Post 4720474)

Excellent. Hope you get picked :thumbsup:

Sal41 May 1st 2007 6:41 am

We had the initial phone call, the researcher was really upbeat but we never heard any more :huh:

kancell May 2nd 2007 8:36 am

for anyone that has had contact from BBC, how long did it take them to get back to you with a call or email, from your intial contact.

Kags1694 May 2nd 2007 8:52 am

Hi all,

We had the same spoke to Helen on phone, asked me to email details, not heard any more.

Karen

Mandie May 2nd 2007 9:14 am

Originally Posted by kancell (Post 4726848)
for anyone that has had contact from BBC, how long did it take them to get back to you with a call or email, from your intial contact.

within about 3-7 days i think

Kags1694 May 2nd 2007 9:23 am

Hi Mandie,

Have you filled out your EOI form, where are you up to?

We are just starting the process.

Regards
Karen

kancell May 2nd 2007 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Mandie.H (Post 4726995)
within about 3-7 days i think

ah i see, thanks. i only emailed yesterday morning so will give it a week or two.

i dont hold out much hope as its always families with kids and trade occupations that get featured.

however, ive put it to them that a couple of young professionals like me and girlfriend, with design engineer and teacher jobs would offer a bit more diversity to the programme. also hopefully this would appeal to similar young professionals to consider the move, as the points system does score heavily on young folk with the relevant work and education standards.

fingers crossed, but no doubt drama and ratings come first

Mandie May 2nd 2007 11:44 am

Originally Posted by Kags1694 (Post 4727033)
Hi Mandie,

Have you filled out your EOI form, where are you up to?

We are just starting the process.

Regards
Karen

We'll be going down the 'work to residency' route, so much quicker once a job offer is secure.
how you going about it?

uk+kiwi May 2nd 2007 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by kancell (Post 4727117)
ive put it to them that a couple of young professionals like me and girlfriend, with design engineer and teacher jobs would offer a bit more diversity to the programme.

We did the same thing. :) Told them we'd broaden the programme's appeal as I have not found much in common with those featured so far on the Aus programme (although we are a family with kids), but it's obviously not what they wanted. I'm quite good at being emotional though. :D The family & friends DVD bit from back home would certainly bring out the tissues (for me at least!) :rofl:

But 'nothing ventured, nothing gained' was my motto when sending the e-mail. I knew it was a long shot, as kiwi is a hubbie and I told them that. Again, thought that was another good 'different' angle, as many come over to the UK to do the big OE, to return to raise families. Not heard a thing though. Bummer. ;)