Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Want some Brit Friends in Auckland =0)

Want some Brit Friends in Auckland =0)

Old Jun 26th 2011, 3:28 am
Just Joined

ronanz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Want some Brit Friends in Auckland =0)

Hi Melloney. Great, sounds like a plan. I'm from Ardrishaig (mid-Argyll). Haven't lived there in a long-time though. My hubbies from Wemyss bay area. It's a bit mad to be contacting Scots in NZ I know... but we're such friendly folk! I'll drop you a line once I've got my feet on the ground. Rona
Old Jun 30th 2011, 7:10 am
Just Joined

Jakeannasamandollie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there
We moved to NZ in 2006 and in a similar situation, a few of our friends have gone back or to sunnier climbs. We are both 30(ish) and have got an 21 month old boy called Sam. Would be great for him to have some more friends as well.
I am from Cheshire, Anna is from Burma and Sam is a Kiwi - we live in North harbour. Would be great to meet up some time, won't be long until BBQ weather returns!
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 10:16 am
hanging in there

Hellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to all

I married a kiwi and also inherited his family when I moved here like you although I am sure they are very nice they are all strangers to me (I know the saying is that friends are just strangers you havent met yet) but they just arnt my family not yet. We have a nearly 1 year old and am missing her english grandparents something chronic while skype is amazing its not really a hug. So if you want a chat or meet up I'm free during the week.
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 7:46 pm
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute

Hi my wife and I have recently moved here from Nelson (last week) with our 22 month old daughter. Staying in Devonport at moment but are currently job hunting and house hunting ! Love to meet some people up here
Old Jul 4th 2011, 2:11 am
Forum Regular

Melloney is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Hellie
Where r u in Auckland..
Cheers
Mell
Old Jul 4th 2011, 7:22 am
hanging in there

Hellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Melloney
Hey Hellie
Where r u in Auckland..
Cheers
Mell
Hi Mell
We are staying in a rental in Mission Bay, have car will travel
Old Jul 4th 2011, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

Hi Hellie

Im just in Howick so mission Bay isnt that far.
Where do u go for a drink in mission bay.....
Ive been to a few places there

Cheers
Mell
Old Jul 7th 2011, 9:26 pm
hanging in there

Hi Mell Unfortunately not a big drinker anymore with wee one in tow. I do drink copious amounts of coffee and other non alcholic beverages now. I think I would get drunk at the meerest sniff of one of NZs finest vintages these days.
Old Oct 4th 2011, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

becksock is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys

I am a bit late to join this thread and am living in Mount Wellington (looks like most of you are out west...) but my husband (who's an Aussie) and I moved to NZ from the UK in April 2010. We lived in Chch initially but moved to Auckland in March this year. We have a 13 month old son and I am finding it pretty difficult to meet people here to be honest. I'd love to catch up with some Brits as I am going through a bit of a homesick period and would like to get out and about a bit more! Please keep me posted if there are any kid friendly catch ups going on.

Thanks, Beckie
Old Oct 11th 2011, 10:20 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keeny
lol. hello fellow mansfieldonian. what area are you from?
Oops....only just seen the reply!

Originally from Hucknall, then moved to Sutton for 10 years and then High Oakham area before coming here.......
Old Oct 13th 2011, 1:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

How you finding Manly ??
Indian restaurant there is cool
Old Oct 13th 2011, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

Hey we are organising a night in November if u fancy it.
I have posted up another thread.....

Melloney

Originally Posted by becksock
Hi guys

I am a bit late to join this thread and am living in Mount Wellington (looks like most of you are out west...) but my husband (who's an Aussie) and I moved to NZ from the UK in April 2010. We lived in Chch initially but moved to Auckland in March this year. We have a 13 month old son and I am finding it pretty difficult to meet people here to be honest. I'd love to catch up with some Brits as I am going through a bit of a homesick period and would like to get out and about a bit more! Please keep me posted if there are any kid friendly catch ups going on.

Thanks, Beckie
Old Oct 13th 2011, 5:25 pm

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol
How you finding Manly ??
Awesome place....close to everything, kids walk to school, the beach is at the bottom of the road, shops are 2 minutes away and as you say, Masala is a great restaurant and takeaway......and it's so quiet around here!
Old Oct 14th 2011, 7:56 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol
How you finding Manly ??
We go to the Indian Village alot. It's excellent. Also like the Thai across the road
Old Oct 15th 2011, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
We go to the Indian Village alot. It's excellent. Also like the Thai across the road
Indian Village always seems empty...great food, though and yes, the Thai is excellent!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.