British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Want friends in riccarton Christchurch NZ (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/want-friends-riccarton-christchurch-nz-769191/)

Hardie17 Aug 22nd 2012 11:44 pm

Want friends in riccarton Christchurch NZ

Hi my name is Lisa I have 3 kids only 2 with me I've been in Christchurch for 3 weeks now,snip. my hubby works for downer and me I'm now actively seeking work move into our new rented property tomorrow and I'm after friends I'm 42 but very young at heart and looking I think lol just very lonely so if your in the riccarton area and needing a friend like me get Intouch I'm a English kiwi lol xx

MrsFychan Aug 23rd 2012 12:45 am

Re: Want friends in riccarton Christchurch NZ

Hi Lisa, welcome to BE and also to NZ. I'm located on the North Island so afraid can't be much help with tea and cake meets but more than happy to chat.
See you have posted on the NZ forum so hopefully someone will be there to say hi

Rosemary Aug 25th 2012 10:08 am

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary

Caseypinky Nov 25th 2012 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by Hardie17 (Post 10241385)
Hi my name is Lisa I have 3 kids only 2 with me I've been in Christchurch for 3 weeks now <snip> my hubby works for downer and me I'm now actively seeking work move into our new rented property tomorrow and I'm after friends I'm 42 but very young at heart and looking I think lol just very lonely so if your in the riccarton area and needing a friend like me get Intouch I'm a English kiwi lol xx

Hello, my name is Casey. I moved to Riccarton three weeks ago. <snip> My Husband is working for a company that are contracted to Downers. It would be good to hear from you xx

BEVS Nov 25th 2012 11:02 pm

Hi there and welcome to British Expats.

Please click this LINK to take yo on down to the New Zealand forum.

Plenty of folk there who are living in and around the Christchurch area.

Hardie17 Nov 26th 2012 5:11 am

Originally Posted by Caseypinky (Post 10401106)
Hello, my name is Casey. I moved to Riccarton three weeks ago.<snip> My Husband is working for a company that are contracted to Downers. It would be good to hear from you xx

Hi casey<snip> my hubby his a manager for I T S x

Caseypinky Nov 26th 2012 5:39 am

Originally Posted by Hardie17 (Post 10401398)
Hi casey <snip>and my hubby his a manager for I T S x

Hello :-) Thank you for replying. <snip> We have moved here from the Isle of Wight, South Coast of the U.k. My husband works as a drain layer for Connell Contractors. I am looking for work, first c.v goes out tomorrow. How have you found finding employment? And living here so far? X

Hardie17 Nov 26th 2012 11:52 pm

Well I'm qualified for care ,physio, mental health,dementia and work at a call centre for more money lol it's crazy it's more expensive for stuff that it shouldn't be and less for stuff that it should be lol
listen I'm off today Ill but would you like to all come round on Sunday
apart from watching parade were not doing much
<snip>give us a call if you like x I
know what it's like when you first get here it's hard to adjust so I'll give you loads of info you need ok x

BEVS Nov 27th 2012 8:11 pm

Hi guys.
As you will see I have snipped out some of your personal details from your posts . This is because this is an open forum and all sorts of spammers & oddballs could or will be looking in. Better not to let them know your phone numbers, email , very personal family details etc.

I'll message both of you & insert the phone number that was listed here so it will be picked up. :)

I'm also moving this thread from the Welcome Inn to the New Zealand forum where you'll hopefully bump into more people living and working in the Christchurch area.

All the best
BEVS

BEVS Nov 27th 2012 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by Caseypinky (Post 10401414)
Hello :-) Thank you for replying. <snip> We have moved here from the Isle of Wight, South Coast of the U.k. My husband works as a drain layer for Connell Contractors. I am looking for work, first c.v goes out tomorrow. How have you found finding employment? And living here so far? X

My husband is a plumber / gasfitter up here in the Nelson area.

How is your husband finding the drainlaying here in NZ?