Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Want to buy my first boat, advice needed

Want to buy my first boat, advice needed

Old Dec 5th 2013, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

mcgarnagle will become famous soon enoughmcgarnagle will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Want to buy my first boat, advice needed

Your 2 happiest days as a boat owner will be the day you buy it and the day you sell it.

$$$$$$$$
Old Dec 5th 2013, 8:25 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mcgarnagle
Your 2 happiest days as a boat owner will be the day you buy it and the day you sell it.

$$$$$$$$
Just get a good mate with a nice runabout who's keen to take you out for some gas or just being a good mate or share one with a couple of good reliable friends then you will be less out of pocket.

Went out with a mate on his first day fishin on his brand new toy and usually get the first trip of the summer, just because we live 100m from each other and enjoy each other's company.

Another mate has been known to take out about a dozen of us on occasion on his 80-odd footer of a gin palace/motor launch for a couple of nights of fun.

Now that is $$$$$$ it costs more than many a secondhand car would, just to fill it up with gas.

Think it was about 4.5 million Aus new. More than he sold his last home for, but it belongs to the whole family so that's not so bad.
Old Dec 5th 2013, 11:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

This a new version of our boat, it is our third Mclay

http://www.mclayboats.co.nz/boat.php?id=10