Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Wanna go to NZ..how to find a job for 50 pts?

Wanna go to NZ..how to find a job for 50 pts?

Old Jul 14th 2010, 8:13 am
Just Joined

mollyzerbra is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wanna go to NZ..how to find a job for 50 pts?

Hi guys, how do you find a job for that elusive 50 points towards your EOI ?

Are there any agents who can find you a willing employer for some money?

If I just enter New Zealand and start applying for jobs, what will my chances be like?

I need that 50 points from employer sponsorship! I have a degree in business if it helps.
Old Jul 14th 2010, 10:15 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wanna go to NZ..how to find a job for 50 pts?

Try www.seek.co.nz and www.trademe.co.nz for starters. Use the internet, Google is your friend, there are agencies, many promises but no guarantees... other than your degree, what skills or experience do you have?

Be prepared to get rejected purely because you don't have any right to live or work in NZ and aren't there for interview. Outside medical and some IT roles there is an in-built catch-22 of no visa-no job, no job-no-visa.

Check the NZIS site for the skills shortage lists and see if any of you qualifications/skills/experience appear on them, not sure a business degree features much on them TBH but I haven't trawled for that.

You could try a working holiday visa and search once in-country, similarly you could take a long vacation and search, that would at least make you available for interview...

Persevere!