Wanganui

Old Aug 21st 2008, 11:48 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wanganui

just thought I would mention this lovely town, as I know hardly anyone on here who lives here so heres some pics

http://www.panoramio.com/photos/original/1390919.jpg
Old Aug 21st 2008, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wanganui

Originally Posted by love30stm
It looks bigger than I imagined it to be. Looks lovely, don't you just like being able to park right outside the shops. We have that in our little town.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by shirl
It looks bigger than I imagined it to be. Looks lovely, don't you just like being able to park right outside the shops. We have that in our little town.
Yes it is great to park outside, but with parking meters

its a lovely town, most people are very friendly, but today im feeling down, see my other thread "Feeling down"
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 11:17 pm
Just Joined

GailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really nice

Hi, I did Wanganui for the first six months of being in NZ, and I'm sorry to say that I could not wait to get out!!! nothing happens, nowwhere to go, and arn't the black power gang nice people......
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by GailJarvis
Hi, I did Wanganui for the first six months of being in NZ, and I'm sorry to say that I could not wait to get out!!! nothing happens, nowwhere to go, and arn't the black power gang nice people......
Well husband had a job offer we could not refuse, I have not met any black power gangs?.... but have heard of them. and they leave us alone so dont really care unlike chavs and hoodie gangs back in the UK!

nothing happens depends what you want?, we are pretty central to Wellington, Auckland??... we go out for meals, go round friends, walking , cinema, Theatre, Shopping, The Gymm...what do you call something to do? I am curious? btw

and btw if you come to New Zealand it is not Las Vegas or Blackpool....the only thing I miss is going to see lots of bands... you have to drive miles to Auckland...yes and btw I was a city girl...and not a farmers wife....
Old Aug 24th 2008, 7:17 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it is great to park outside, but with parking meters
Which is one of the joys of Taupo. Free parking, oh, and only one set of traffic lights.
Dreading visiting the Isle of Wight again, traffic there into our old town is horrendous.
Old Aug 24th 2008, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve
Which is one of the joys of Taupo. Free parking, oh, and only one set of traffic lights.
Dreading visiting the Isle of Wight again, traffic there into our old town is horrendous.
Really, And The Isle of Wight is or was a lovely place to live btw, been there a few times on holiday...

and have been through Taupo, but not explored it properly looks like a lovely place.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

toetickler is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi this isn't very helpful for you but if we ever sell the house:curse: and make it out there Wanganui is currently 2nd on the list of places we would like to end up. Was wondering if you could tell me what it is like there. I was a bit worried that you were finding it difficult to meet people. i had to tell my kiwi brother in law where it was as he couldn't remember (been on his OE for 10 years). The photos looked great. Thanks
Old Aug 27th 2008, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by toetickler
Hi this isn't very helpful for you but if we ever sell the house:curse: and make it out there Wanganui is currently 2nd on the list of places we would like to end up. Was wondering if you could tell me what it is like there. I was a bit worried that you were finding it difficult to meet people. i had to tell my kiwi brother in law where it was as he couldn't remember (been on his OE for 10 years). The photos looked great. Thanks
Hi there Wanganui was not our choice and we had never heard of it but my husband got a real good job offer we could not refuse...its a nice friendly place,lots of places to eat, a nice mix of shops a theatre, cinema, splash centre . A pretty town centre, good schools btw!. central to most things like Wellington a 2 hour drive. Palmerston North, New Plymouth and we are nr the National Park and Mount Ruapehu...Oh but watch out for the hoards of Black Power gangs that roam the street (as Gailjarvis would like you to believe!!) joke.

pm any time for any more info
Old Aug 29th 2008, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

toetickler is an unknown quantity at this point

that's all right the gangs will give the other half something to do as he's a policeman. i realise your daughter is older, my 2 are 3 and 5, are there facilities for younger kids and slightly random but my daughter loves her tap and ballet dancing and it wasn't clear in the yellow pages what the dncing schools offer. i don't suppose you have seen any adverts of know of any dancing schools. Thanks for your time.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

There's a fabulous nursery rhyme themed play park call Kowhai Park that your littlies will love

Love30stm, the Hells Angels are in Aromoho - be sure to watch out! Not sure where the others are meant to be hiding out, I'd assume the other side of town!
Old Aug 31st 2008, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by dlmckay
There's a fabulous nursery rhyme themed play park call Kowhai Park that your littlies will love http://www.resene.co.nz/archspec/pro...owhai_park.jpg

Love30stm, the Hells Angels are in Aromoho - be sure to watch out! Not sure where the others are meant to be hiding out, I'd assume the other side of town!
Ive Seen The Hells Angels quarters in Aromoho. I was being sarcastic stating that I dont see hoards of them roaming about in the town or where I live
Old Sep 4th 2008, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

I was being sarcastic
so was I!!!