Wanaka

Old Feb 11th 2009, 8:56 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wanaka

Anybody in this area?

Looking to buy some land with views and accessibility to mountains for the winter and lake during the summer.

How have people found the lifestyle change? too quiet or the best thing you have done?

Only requirement for me is broadband access
Old Feb 11th 2009, 11:48 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wanaka

Don't live there but visit fairly regularly. Plenty of Dunedin people seem to have 2nd homes there, and there are quite a few migrants too. Property is pricey but still a bit cheaper than Queenstown. In the current downturn there might be a few bargains available for cash or mainly cash buyers.

I imagine they have broadband, but Telecom are probably the best people to ask on that.
Old Feb 16th 2009, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

DearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really nice
Default Re: Wanaka

Wanaka is BEAUTIFUL!! It is a small town set on a lake. I am in my 20s so it was a little quiet for me so I lived in Queenstown, this is the most beautiful place to live in the world. I left as it is difficult to stay afloat if you are unskilled as the price of living is high.

I loved Kiwis, they have such a great attitude - friendly, no BS, don't take life too seriously.

There's something so damn special about NZ and it's only when you live in other countries and compare that you realise how special that place is.

You will love Wanaka if you like the outdoors - skiing in winter and lake activities and hiking in the summer.

I live in Canada now but miss NZ more than I miss the UK and a little bit of me feels I left a big piece of my heart there!

Good luck xxx
Old Feb 16th 2009, 6:38 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Wanaka

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Anybody in this area?
I'm still in "resource consent" (which at this rate will take longer than building the house ) but broadband will be available for me.

Still got to talk the OH into letting me buy one of those shallow water powerboat type things .