Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

waiting, waiting waiting!

waiting, waiting waiting!

Old Oct 1st 2006, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of
Default Re: waiting, waiting waiting!

Hi,
effect on your blood results caused by anti hypertensives really depends as to which medication you take. I will send you a pm. Dont worry you will be fine especially having just had a baby, perfect excuse for just about everything!!
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Frenchy]Hi,

You poor thing having to wait so long for results!

I'm staggered by the strickness of the medicals and re tests. I've been reading OZ forum for 3 yrs and not heard anyone complain about retests or difficult medicals etc.
It's got me worried now! I'm quite over weight and so I'll go to gym more and drink benecol (my mum says it's really helped her cholesterol too) I enjoy a drink but can cope without so lets see how can I help myself before a medical? Any thoughts? My challenge will be to loose weight before the medicals.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 2:23 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=helinuk]
Originally Posted by Frenchy
Hi,

You poor thing having to wait so long for results!

I'm staggered by the strickness of the medicals and re tests. I've been reading OZ forum for 3 yrs and not heard anyone complain about retests or difficult medicals etc.
It's got me worried now! I'm quite over weight and so I'll go to gym more and drink benecol (my mum says it's really helped her cholesterol too) I enjoy a drink but can cope without so lets see how can I help myself before a medical? Any thoughts? My challenge will be to loose weight before the medicals.
Make sure you put your weight into perspective. I will pm you
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

chay and kerrie has a brilliant futurechay and kerrie has a brilliant futurechay and kerrie has a brilliant futurechay and kerrie has a brilliant futurechay and kerrie has a brilliant futurechay and kerrie has a brilliant futurechay and kerrie has a brilliant future

Hi,
We are having he same problem my oh had raised liver function tests,we submitted our ITA back in DEC last year and immigration keep coming back saying they want more test done and and answer to why they are raised so we went private to get it all done quicker got a brilliant consultant who can not believe how strict they are with there medicals.Chay (my oh) has been in hospital for tests and operations (well you could probably guess how much it all has cost).We finally sent all results of tests in to immi about 4 weeks ago now and still nothing from them.I am looking every day on computer to see if we have anything its all getting very stressfully and aim starting to loose hart in it all i still would love to be out there we have 2 boys 2 & 4,he has just started school we were hoping to be out there before he started so he wouldn't get to settled but never mind hopefully will hear something soon and be good news can not believe how many people are having the same problem fingers crossed for you all
kerrie
Hi there,
I am normally not impatient but over the past few weeks I have turned into a miserable, e mail and phone call addicted monster!!!!
We have been bouncing medical queries back and forth since ITA submission in March and subsequent job offer in June.
After several queries for hubby and myself the rest of the family had clearance 2 months ago. They wanted more information on my raised liver function tests which they received exactly 4 weeks yesterday!!!! (that 4 weeks 0 days and 8 hours from now)
Silly me thought 2 weeks on the outside for a yes no or perhaps (subject to NZ approval). This is AGONY!!!!! keep checking NZIS site and e mails and have phone the case officer 3 times in the last month!!
Anyone got any thoughts or want to share a rant
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by chay and kerrie
Hi,
We are having he same problem my oh had raised liver function tests,we submitted our ITA back in DEC last year and immigration keep coming back saying they want more test done and and answer to why they are raised so we went private to get it all done quicker got a brilliant consultant who can not believe how strict they are with there medicals.Chay (my oh) has been in hospital for tests and operations (well you could probably guess how much it all has cost).We finally sent all results of tests in to immi about 4 weeks ago now and still nothing from them.I am looking every day on computer to see if we have anything its all getting very stressfully and aim starting to loose hart in it all i still would love to be out there we have 2 boys 2 & 4,he has just started school we were hoping to be out there before he started so he wouldn't get to settled but never mind hopefully will hear something soon and be good news can not believe how many people are having the same problem fingers crossed for you all
kerrie
may i ask how raised they were? so sorry to hear of your plight - i am really panicing now
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

chay and kerrie has a brilliant futurechay and kerrie has a brilliant futurechay and kerrie has a brilliant futurechay and kerrie has a brilliant futurechay and kerrie has a brilliant futurechay and kerrie has a brilliant futurechay and kerrie has a brilliant future

total bilirubin was (back in april this year) 25 they say should be 0-17 and alt was 224 say should be 0-70 which was very high he has got them down a bit from these dates but we have now discovered from all the tests he has had done (dont think he has any blood left)that he has slight fatty liver (just very slight they have said) and jaundice but also has a condition called Gilbert's syndrome which is nothing really missing enzyme in your body not life threatening or anything just one of those things consultant said would not affect immigrations decision.I am getting very fed up with it all i no they have to do these things but been going on so long now are we going to get there.
kerrie
Originally Posted by dreamfish
may i ask how raised they were? so sorry to hear of your plight - i am really panicing now
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 12:02 pm

just out of interest

if you had a job to go to (and an imminent starting date), would they still pay this close attention to your blood results?
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

donscbr6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Interesting reading this thread, my other half had 'abnormal bloods and liver function' too in his medical, we panicked a bit initially, but it seems that it seems to be a common irregularity! Blimey, the NZ medical examiners are gonna think the english spend most of their lives in pubs......go figure.....
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

total bilirubin was (back in april this year) 25 they say should be 0-17 and alt was 224 say should be 0-70 which was very high he has got them down a bit from these dates but we have now discovered from all the tests he has had done (dont think he has any blood left)that he has slight fatty liver (just very slight they have said) and jaundice but also has a condition called Gilbert's syndrome which is nothing really missing enzyme in your body not life threatening or anything just one of those things consultant said would not affect immigrations decision.I am getting very fed up with it all i no they have to do these things but been going on so long now are we going to get there.
kerrie
Dont worry about the Gilbert's as its is nothing at all detrimental to health. My hubby has been given medical clearance with Gilbert's diagnosis, as far as fatty liver goes I will let you know as soon as I hear, it has been 5 weeks on Saturday since I sent off my confirmation of diagnosis of fatty liver. By the way did you know Gilbert's is hereditary in males (also more common in males at 7:1 ratio so they say), Hey we should start a support group for wonky livers!!!!!!!
Old Oct 4th 2006, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dreamfish
just out of interest

if you had a job to go to (and an imminent starting date), would they still pay this close attention to your blood results?
Hi, i dont no if would make a difference having a job offer.Sorry you might of already said but what was your ALT levels and bilirubin.Chay also had to do a fasting test and cholesterol was high 5.6 consultant put him on tabs and within 3 weeks of taking them it went down to 4.0.He has always played football and has an active job (carpenter and builder).He has joined the gym since, all helps.Anyway back to checking e-mails every hour,why do we do it to ourself.Does anyone no if they ring you or e-mail you to let you no.
have a good day everyone
kerrie
Old Oct 4th 2006, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi, i dont no if would make a difference having a job offer.Sorry you might of already said but what was your ALT levels and bilirubin.Chay also had to do a fasting test and cholesterol was high 5.6 consultant put him on tabs and within 3 weeks of taking them it went down to 4.0.He has always played football and has an active job (carpenter and builder).He has joined the gym since, all helps.Anyway back to checking e-mails every hour,why do we do it to ourself.Does anyone no if they ring you or e-mail you to let you no.
have a good day everyone
kerrie
I have had a job offer since June and waited 7 weeks for 1st medical query and now 6 weeks for this one!!!
I think they try to phone you if possible!!
Old Oct 5th 2006, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well I got news today
Aaaaaaaaaaaaagh!
They want my Gastro consultant to phone or e mail with the projected prognosis of my mild fatty liver. Okay this disease is impossible to predict so my consultant is going to think I am MAD!!!! (Which I really am at this moment in time!!) I have only one liver function test that is abnormal (raised gamma gt) a normal liver echo and no symptoms!!!!
I feel so fed up with all these issues this has been going on since June, now I feel they are asking the impossible!
Old Oct 5th 2006, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Well I got news today
Aaaaaaaaaaaaagh!
They want my Gastro consultant to phone or e mail with the projected prognosis of my mild fatty liver. Okay this disease is impossible to predict so my consultant is going to think I am MAD!!!! (Which I really am at this moment in time!!) I have only one liver function test that is abnormal (raised gamma gt) a normal liver echo and no symptoms!!!!
I feel so fed up with all these issues this has been going on since June, now I feel they are asking the impossible!
Oh I'm so sorry to hear of your results/demands for more info. Surely none of us has perfect results. Why are they so picky? Is this NZIS way of eliminating people with job offers/over 100 points? They can't turn you down one way they try to do it another? And what I don't understand is that you have to have private health insurance in NZ so it's not like you are going there to get free health care,( as some the immigrants to uk seem to do)
I feel frustrated for you!
Hx
Old Oct 6th 2006, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

Well I got news today
Aaaaaaaaaaaaagh!
HI,
how strange is that we got news yesterday as well exactly the same want a prognosis, but we can not understand ,cause the letter that our consultant had written to immigration quotes "on the basis of the biopsy it appears that you do not have any serious underlying liver disease and the risk of progression is low." to me that is a prognosis.anyway done e-mail last night to case officer,see what she has to say this morning,driving me mad. no how you feel frenchy. let you no if have any news
kerrie
Old Oct 6th 2006, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have now asked my GI consultant to e mail my case officer (Anne Warren Parkinson) I have asked via his secretary and sent her the e mail from immigration. The CO told me yesterday that if they cant make a decision then another Medical officer will look at it, if still no joy they will go for medical waiver!!!!!!
I am not having a liver biopsy I am afraid, carries risks which I am not prepared to take as it is not truly essential.All my bloods are normal except gamma Gt which is 101 (should be max 40) Cant believe all this! We got 120 points, ITA without job offer but have both now obtained job offers. I work as a Nurse Teacher, have employment in NZ as Nurse Educator and I am NEVER off sick!!!
Where is the justice in all this! Yes I am a little plump (BMI now down to 33.8) dont drink alcohol at all, dont smoke
Sorry to bore you all but I am MAD!!!!!!!!! :scared: