Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Waiting for visa. Really 6 months or any quicker?

Waiting for visa. Really 6 months or any quicker?

Old Aug 13th 2006, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

lizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud of
Default Re: Waiting for visa. Really 6 months or any quicker?

Great name,wassapnin with it?[/QUOTE]
Based on Jim Morrisons alter ego Lizard king. Yes paying $2,600 a month mortgage and having 3 kids. I don't think you will have alot of spare cash on your income. Good luck.
Old Aug 13th 2006, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizard
Great name,wassapnin with it?
Based on Jim Morrisons alter ego Lizard king. Yes paying $2,600 a month mortgage and having 3 kids. I don't think you will have alot of spare cash on your income. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

Always said it was never for profit. As long as I've got enough for another Taupo helicopter trip-that'll do me.
Old Aug 13th 2006, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

lizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by danny.f
Based on Jim Morrisons alter ego Lizard king. Yes paying $2,600 a month mortgage and having 3 kids. I don't think you will have alot of spare cash on your income. Good luck.
Always said it was never for profit. As long as I've got enough for another Taupo helicopter trip-that'll do me.[/QUOTE]
you should be ok then
Old Aug 13th 2006, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

How do you find out if you're in again?Think I've asked this already,sorry. Do they write to you? What happens to the passports? Do we send them somewhere?
Old Aug 14th 2006, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

hey danny - too many nights - you're starting to repeat yourself.

we received the approval in principle by letter - sh*t myself when that arrived - oh my god, oh my god!! You then send your passports to NZIS in London along with your migrant levy and they happily put those lovely blue stickers in.

re: day to day costs - we were advised to budget for about $4k per month and it's worked out somewhere round there:

here's our rough costs, 2adults (allegedly!) and 2 children (2&4)
weekly food shopping around $200
weekly day care (full time for 2) $310
weekly fuel $80 total (2 cars)
fortnightly mortgage $507
monthly electric $90
monthly telecom incl broadband $150
monthly life insurance $140
2 monthly gas refill $75 (instant hot water)
quarterly rates $450
annual insurance - $1300 (2 cars, house, contents)
annual rego - $500 (car & jeep)
wood - $550, should last us the year!!

Hope this helps
Vicki
Old Aug 14th 2006, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Joshlin
hey danny - too many nights - you're starting to repeat yourself.

we received the approval in principle by letter - sh*t myself when that arrived - oh my god, oh my god!! You then send your passports to NZIS in London along with your migrant levy and they happily put those lovely blue stickers in.

re: day to day costs - we were advised to budget for about $4k per month and it's worked out somewhere round there:

here's our rough costs, 2adults (allegedly!) and 2 children (2&4)
weekly food shopping around $200
weekly day care (full time for 2) $310
weekly fuel $80 total (2 cars)
fortnightly mortgage $507
monthly electric $90
monthly telecom incl broadband $150
monthly life insurance $140
2 monthly gas refill $75 (instant hot water)
quarterly rates $450
annual insurance - $1300 (2 cars, house, contents)
annual rego - $500 (car & jeep)
wood - $550, should last us the year!!

Hope this helps
Vicki

As usual Vicki,that is fab-thank you!! That is the kind of info we need-tried to karma you but think you're karma'd up for the foreseeable future! Like the mortgage! Beautiful!
Old Aug 14th 2006, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Any one heard anything yet? Anyone going soon?
Old Aug 15th 2006, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

Unless you have a large deposit it is highly unlikely that you will have a mortgage of only $507 per fortnight. Decent houses in nice areas are still quite pricey. Don't come under the illusion that you can arrive and get a fab house for next to nothing. Sorry for the gloom but it is reality.
Old Aug 15th 2006, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Unless you have a large deposit it is highly unlikely that you will have a mortgage of only $507 per fortnight. Decent houses in nice areas are still quite pricey. Don't come under the illusion that you can arrive and get a fab house for next to nothing. Sorry for the gloom but it is reality.
Under no illusions what-soever,just wish someone from the real estate companies would give us a direct answer to our queries,they don't reply to our emails for weeks,then when they do,they give us a number who would be 'far more helpful than us'!
As usual,we get far more info from this site than anywhere else.
We just want to know how much we can roughly afford with the money we will be on. Simple. Probably wait til we get out,and get a 1 bedroom shed with sky views for $500,000. I'll take it!!
Old Aug 15th 2006, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

StevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by danny.f
Under no illusions what-soever,just wish someone from the real estate companies would give us a direct answer to our queries,they don't reply to our emails for weeks,then when they do,they give us a number who would be 'far more helpful than us'!
As usual,we get far more info from this site than anywhere else.
We just want to know how much we can roughly afford with the money we will be on. Simple. Probably wait til we get out,and get a 1 bedroom shed with sky views for $500,000. I'll take it!!
The missus has been house hunting already. She sent me this link for a house with a pool, $355,000, says we can afford it if I get a job on at least $30 - $35,000 pa. (her being on her nurse wage of $44,000) Anyway, have a look, don't know if it'll give you some idea.
http://www.homesell.co.nz/browse.php...gs&recs_a=5165
Old Aug 15th 2006, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by StevieB
The missus has been house hunting already. She sent me this link for a house with a pool, $355,000, says we can afford it if I get a job on at least $30 - $35,000 pa. (her being on her nurse wage of $44,000) Anyway, have a look, don't know if it'll give you some idea.
http://www.homesell.co.nz/browse.php...gs&recs_a=5165
yes you would be able to afford it. The repayments ( if you put little or no deposit) would be around $2500 per month. That would be all your wages plus a little bit of missus's. Depends on if you both intend to work full time. You wouldn't be able to afford it on one wage. We only have half that mortgage and would find it a struggle on just my wifes income. She too is a nurse.
Old Aug 15th 2006, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

StevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud of

yes you would be able to afford it. The repayments ( if you put little or no deposit) would be around $2500 per month. That would be all your wages plus a little bit of missus's. Depends on if you both intend to work full time. You wouldn't be able to afford it on one wage. We only have half that mortgage and would find it a struggle on just my wifes income. She too is a nurse.
Yeah, that's what I thought. She won't accept the fact that it would be good for me to stay at home to look after the girl, keep house, do the gardening, etc. She seems to think that I'll just laze around all day messing about on the internet, though where she gets that idea from I don't know. It's not like I'm on that often, well apart from right now, and earlier on. Oh..and yesterday. So she's forcing me to find a job or she will be suspending her wifely duties (which I suppose means not doing the washing up, shopping, etc!).
Old Aug 15th 2006, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by StevieB
Yeah, that's what I thought. She won't accept the fact that it would be good for me to stay at home to look after the girl, keep house, do the gardening, etc. She seems to think that I'll just laze around all day messing about on the internet, though where she gets that idea from I don't know. It's not like I'm on that often, well apart from right now, and earlier on. Oh..and yesterday. So she's forcing me to find a job or she will be suspending her wifely duties (which I suppose means not doing the washing up, shopping, etc!).
me too. always start off with great intentions,then top gear comes on,or starskey an hutch-anythin but what i said i'd do.bloody nurses.
Old Aug 15th 2006, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Hello Lizard just seen where you used to live, I lived there for a year. Is it your home town? Did you like it?
Old Aug 15th 2006, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jude J
Hello Lizard just seen where you used to live, I lived there for a year. Is it your home town? Did you like it?
Hi Jude, I used to live in a small village called Whitwell about 4 miles from Worksop. Loved the village and I miss it very much. www.whitwell.com .
We may go back yet, not sure what to do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.