Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Waitakere sub-districts

Waitakere sub-districts

Old Jun 11th 2010, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

Phil.n.Wendy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Waitakere sub-districts

Hello all, new to this and hopefully be moving out to NZ by the end of the year, but currently in a fuddle over where to live in western Auckland.... I'm sure people are a little tired of hearing whats this place like and whats that, but any advise would be great. I know every-one has there own preference, but we are looking for a nice setting, good views, bit of a garden so the little one can play. probably looking to rent in the region of $400/wk. I have heard from various forums that North Shore is a little pricey and Eastern Auckland looks to be a little cramped... but I may be wrong.

Thanks
Phil n Wend
Old Jun 12th 2010, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Melbourne UK to Helensville Nz to Secret Harbour Perth WA
donki is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Waitakere sub-districts

Look at Whenuapai, Huapai Kumeu and Helensville also Riverhead there all out west and gorgeous
Old Jun 12th 2010, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waitakere sub-districts

Titirangi is popular and can be good value. Can also me dark damp and miserable in the winter. You just need to make sure that your house gets sun.

I love West Auckland. It's rough and ready with a wonderful character. I was married at a West Auckland Beach and have had a westie Heart ever since.
I'm in Blockhouse Bay which is Auckland city but on the Waitakere border. I love it here. It's not flash by North Shore standards but it is an old established suburb with great amenities (library, supermarket, cafes, barbers, gym, churches etc)
I realised that even with a lotto win I would still live here. I just would move higher up the hill so that I could have a harbour view )