Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Waitakere to Orewa. Drive times?

Waitakere to Orewa. Drive times?

Old Mar 5th 2007, 9:34 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Waitakere to Orewa. Drive times?

Is Waitakere to Orewa and vice versa commutable if so how long should you allow?

Cheers
Old Mar 5th 2007, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Waitakere to Orewa. Drive times?

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
Is Waitakere to Orewa and vice versa commutable if so how long should you allow?

Cheers
takes about 40-50 mins subject to traffic....not usually so much going that way as most people tend to be heading to Auckland

Dawn

its a while since i went to orewa so hopefully this is right
Old Mar 5th 2007, 11:03 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kwprwn
takes about 40-50 mins subject to traffic....not usually so much going that way as most people tend to be heading to Auckland

Dawn

its a while since i went to orewa so hopefully this is right
Cheers Dawn

Is that rush hour or normal?
Old Mar 5th 2007, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers Dawn

Is that rush hour or normal?
that would be normal not rush hour, I cant say I have ever been there in the week only at a weekend

I thought rush hour in Orewa was only to the pharmacy on your zimmer frame

no offense meant to the retired people of orewa
Old Mar 6th 2007, 6:07 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kwprwn
that would be normal not rush hour, I cant say I have ever been there in the week only at a weekend

I thought rush hour in Orewa was only to the pharmacy on your zimmer frame

no offense meant to the retired people of orewa
Mr B was up there a couple of weeks ago playing bowls - with the old people It was a company thing and his team won and he loved it - wants to go back

Anyway, Jack, going against the traffic is a doddle - Mr B used to do it when we moved here first - going from the City to the North Shore and it only took about 10 minutes to get from the city to where he works in Wairau Park. You would enter the motorway just outside the city. I think it's always busy around Henderson because I think there's only one road that goes to the Motorway and the North - I wouldn't swear to that though but I'm sure someone else can clarify.
Old Mar 6th 2007, 6:46 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Batty
Mr B was up there a couple of weeks ago playing bowls - with the old people It was a company thing and his team won and he loved it - wants to go back

Anyway, Jack, going against the traffic is a doddle - Mr B used to do it when we moved here first - going from the City to the North Shore and it only took about 10 minutes to get from the city to where he works in Wairau Park. You would enter the motorway just outside the city. I think it's always busy around Henderson because I think there's only one road that goes to the Motorway and the North - I wouldn't swear to that though but I'm sure someone else can clarify.
Cheers Norah

I was think of living around Orewa and Charlie working at Waitakere Hospital.
Old Mar 6th 2007, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of

Hey Jack,

yeah I experienced 45-50 mins although the roads are a bit of a mess in places where they haven't finished expressway 18 yet. in rush hour once was a bit slow but nothin like the crap gettin over Harbour Bridge for sure.

Dave
Old Mar 6th 2007, 2:04 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Paladin
Hey Jack,

yeah I experienced 45-50 mins although the roads are a bit of a mess in places where they haven't finished expressway 18 yet. in rush hour once was a bit slow but nothin like the crap gettin over Harbour Bridge for sure.

Dave
Cheers Dave
Old Mar 7th 2007, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Cheers Norah

I was think of living around Orewa and Charlie working at Waitakere Hospital.
We live not far from Waitakere Hospital, in an area called Massey, its fairly quiet were we live although there are some parts that are rougher than others but we havent encountered any major issues, and there are some areas which are not to far from the hospital like Swanson, and waitakere itself which are lovely areas...waitakere is quite rural, were as swanson is not so rural but more of a village but still has a primary school and not to far from henderson but worlds apart in the type of place it is
Old Mar 7th 2007, 6:40 am
Banned

Cheers kwprwn