WAIN

Old May 13th 2015, 9:34 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default WAIN

Flooding, slips cut link between Wellington and Kapiti Coast | Stuff.co.nz

landslips, road and school closures, accidents and more rain to come.

so our poor New Caledonia student will not get her promised visit to Te Papa this afternoon

an not sure I will get MrF back from the CBD any time soon
Old May 13th 2015, 10:00 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: WAIN

Crikey ! Our Rocks Road gets like that after heavy rains.

It's black out there right now.
Old May 14th 2015, 2:50 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

so they have closed Wellington station plus the state highways out, so anyone in Wellington won't be going anywhere in a hurry
Old May 14th 2015, 2:57 am

Evacuations after heavy rain, floods and slips in Wellington region: Live blog | Stuff.co.nz

and there is more to come along with high winds
Old May 14th 2015, 5:57 am
BE Enthusiast

LauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond repute

Just popped on here to wish you all well from dahn sahf stay well and look after each other.
Old May 14th 2015, 6:46 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Mrs Fychan - I've been thinking of you as I was hearing the news bulletins about the landslip and the flooding on the Kapiti Coast today.

Hope you are all ok and your husband is ok too. Even though he has an enforced night in a hotel in the capital tonight. I understand nearly all the hotel rooms are booked tonight because of the flooding. There's no trains or rail replacement buses either. Just as well as SH 1 is closed or down to single lane.

Is there any flooding where you live ?
Old May 14th 2015, 7:07 am

thanks SnapShot, MrF has been in the CBD since Tuesday night was due home today so feeling a bit lost without him to nag.

We personally are ok in the house, friend down the road has a stepped garden and her lower section is now a swimming pool. another friend in Param also has a small pond forming and creeping towards her back door but hopefully it won't get in, unlike some very unlucky souls who woke up to flooding in their homes.

Its a shame this week has been so bad, college has had a student exchange, students from New Caledonia, and they have had a really awful week, we had planned to take our student into Welly today, do Te Papa and the waterfront but obviously that was not possible so poor girl hasn't seen anything of the Wellington region.
Old May 14th 2015, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

DennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud of

Tried to drive in this morning from Para but got turned back in Paekak
Usually take the train - been home all day now

Doubt i'll make it in tomorrow as trains out till 12noon minimum and roads will be a mess

Still chucking it down now - house is ok for now. Garden is a soggy mess. Road is ok too but some round the corner have a lot of surface flooding.

I got lucky by being turned back, would hate to be stuck in Welly. I know no one to stay with!
Old May 14th 2015, 10:47 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

It has been a bit wild! Glad we're near the top of a hill. Storm drains were overloaded, 40cm or so of water in central Tawa.
Hope everyone's safe.
Old May 14th 2015, 3:59 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hope all you guys are doing ok; three of us at work in Queensland's emergency services just reading all the details here, including a tornado in Mount Maunganui, and reports of one man drowned
Looks pretty bad, we hope you all stay safe.
Old May 14th 2015, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

bearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe the capital city on NZ is cut off from the rest of the country - what an appalling situation..

If this is what happens with some bad storms, does make me wonder what would happen in an earthquake? I assume anyone living in the Wellywood region has watched "Aftershock" - a film on that subject.
Old May 14th 2015, 7:59 pm

I was thinking the same about an earthquake. utter chaos and the new roadway they are building I am sure would of been blocked as well so if you are in Wellington if anything happens you are more than likely be completely cut off. I asked MrF what he would do and he said the would change into some walking gear and walk home. the fact thats its nearly 60km didn't phase him.
Old May 14th 2015, 11:25 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by bearskin
I can't believe the capital city on NZ is cut off from the rest of the country - what an appalling situation..
I know. Mr BEVS and I chatted about this very same thing last evening.
Old May 15th 2015, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

janiejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond repute

Been thinking about you guys up the coast. I couldn't get back easily last night, so stayed with friends in Wellington. I was worried about our house, we live next to the Hutt river stopbank, but the river didn't breach thankfully. I keep an emergency backpack under my desk, so took that with me.
Old May 15th 2015, 8:50 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: WAIN

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
the fact thats its nearly 60km didn't phase him.
It'd still be a good days walk!

I probably have enough at work to keep going for a couple of days but after that would need to find a decent offy .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.