Old May 22nd 2018, 8:48 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: WAIN

Ssshhh!

But it is WAINS bigtime.
Old May 22nd 2018, 10:13 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

OMG - jeepers, house is shaking due to rain, wind thunder storm and I'm not even in a raised house. heart going 10 to the dozen.
Old Jun 11th 2018, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

bearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond repute

So, we had a beautiful day in Auckland on Saturday - one out of the box - but boy do you have to pay for those up here in Auckland... the rain the last 24hours has been relentless, again. It's like every nice day you have here has to be paid for five times over in absolute crap! Even given Auckland's shockingly wet weather, we must be on for a record years rainfall in 2018.
Advice to anyone thinking of moving from somewhere with normal weather, to Auckland - DON'T.
Me and Mrs Bearskin love NZ but we were discussing recently about leaving for somewhere with better climate... sad times.
Old Jun 12th 2018, 5:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

I spent two years in Auckland and couldn't fault the weather.
The summers were hot but bearable, spring and autumn were as good as British summers and winters were nippy in the mornings but still t shirts weather once the sun came out. I wouldn't say the amount of rain was excessive. It was certainly less than the waikato and nothing compared to Manchester

Last edited by Justcol; Jun 12th 2018 at 6:01 am.
Old Jun 12th 2018, 6:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Provided you have some good windshield wipers you don't have to look very far to see the real rainfall stats and wettest ever news stories. Over the past two years we have beaten every record that ever existed for rainfall in Auckland. We've had biblical proportions of the wettest ever rain and received a full cabinet of wet medals and soggy accolades for the wettest day, the wettest hour, the wettest week, wettest month, wettest Friday, wettest February, March, April and May. We have beaten all previous wettest ever records that were achieved in the previous year too, which from first hand experience was a pretty wet record breaking wash-out too.

In the first six weeks of this year: January and February 2018 (AKA SUMMER) it rained more than it did in the previous six months

Just like London and Manchester. Yeah, nah, wettevver!!
Old Jun 12th 2018, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Provided you have some good windshield wipers you don't have to look very far to see the real rainfall stats and wettest ever news stories. Over the past two years we have beaten every record that ever existed for rainfall in Auckland. We've had biblical proportions of the wettest ever rain and received a full cabinet of wet medals and soggy accolades for the wettest day, the wettest hour, the wettest week, wettest month, wettest Friday, wettest February, March, April and May. We have beaten all previous wettest ever records that were achieved in the previous year too, which from first hand experience was a pretty wet record breaking wash-out too.

In the first six weeks of this year: January and February 2018 (AKA SUMMER) it rained more than it did in the previous six months

Just like London and Manchester. Yeah, nah, wettevver!!
Bloody Jafas, never stop complaining
Old Jun 12th 2018, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

bearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol
Bloody Jafas, never stop complaining
I know you make a joke of it, but this is the situation we are faced with now. It's got significantly worse in the last couple of years (although it's never been fabulous). Record breaking rainfall is our new reality, and we are seriously considering getting out of it.

You complained about paying out part of your pension, we're complaining about the diabolical rain...each to their own
Old Jun 12th 2018, 9:51 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bearskin
I know you make a joke of it, but this is the situation we are faced with now. It's got significantly worse in the last couple of years (although it's never been fabulous). Record breaking rainfall is our new reality, and we are seriously considering getting out of it.

You complained about paying out part of your pension, we're complaining about the diabolical rain...each to their own
It has certainly got worse over the last couple of years, I've never enjoyed winter in Auckland but I've really struggled these last few. I've lived in Manchester and that was a breeze compared to this. Let's face it, Manchester has far more culture and interesting things to do than Auckland when it's wet and cold.
I have friends in Wollongong and up on the Sunshine Coast posting photos of themselves on the beach in sunny weather on FB which doesn't help .

We usually head to the islands around mid-June for our wedding anniversary and then I struggle to get through July and August. We have decided to go away in mid-August this year so that we have something to look forward to, to get us through the worst of it.
Old Jun 18th 2018, 1:04 am
`

Absolutely freezing torrential rains.

I usually have doors and windows open for the best part of the day regardless of weather but I've had to close 'em & start the fire early.
Old Jun 18th 2018, 2:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Absolutely freezing torrential rains.

I usually have doors and windows open for the best part of the day regardless of weather but I've had to close 'em & start the fire early.
Don't send it up here please. There's a yellow ball in the sky and I have gardening to do.
Keep warm mi duck x
Old Jun 20th 2018, 9:52 am
Account Closed

Been waining pretty much all day. Who said that Auckland just gets short, heavy bursts of rain again???!!
It's been cold all day too. Not impressed when today is our 31st Wedding Anniversary.
Hope we get some sun tomorrow as our electricity is off from 9am until 4pm for Vector to carry out essential repairs. Not impressed.
Old Jul 7th 2018, 11:15 pm
`

Erms.

Mega mighty rains & storms again.

Helicopter buzzed the roof this morning , it was that low.
Old Jul 8th 2018, 8:53 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

UK could do with just a showering, been mostly in the late 20's early 30's since we have been here
Old Dec 13th 2018, 9:03 pm
`

Argh!

Rains. Big rains and lots of it.

I know it's nearly xmas time and to be expected but even so.

It's messed with my fruit trees and brought down a plum tree branch.