Wain !

Old Apr 21st 2013, 9:33 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Wain !

Wain ! and I mean the heavy stuff 3 inches fell here in the village in around 24 hrs.

Floods and damage in the area.

It's not the first time mind you and won't be the last.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 2:40 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Wain ! and I mean the heavy stuff 3 inches fell here in the village in around 24 hrs.

Floods and damage in the area.

It's not the first time mind you and won't be the last.
PLEASE send us some over here! Rained for a couple of hours yesterday...still nothing in the rain gauge.

Edited to say.........at last! 20mm in the rain gauge!

Last edited by Sherlock Holmes; Apr 22nd 2013 at 6:28 am.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 9:59 pm
`

Pah ! Call that wain

We had more last night.

Richmond which is a small town 30 mins away got hit big time. Quite a lot of damage to shops & homes + road slips.
Old Apr 24th 2013, 1:46 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Pah ! Call that wain

We had more last night.

Richmond which is a small town 30 mins away got hit big time. Quite a lot of damage to shops & homes + road slips.
Well, not a lot of rain but as we'd only had 6mm since end November, anything is welcome. It's also falling gently which is good, if it rains hard after drought, the top soil (what there is of it) gets washed off the hillsides around here. So it's all good.
Old May 5th 2013, 1:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

It's wee bit wet and wainy today so why not send the kids out to play with the twaffic? God help us !!

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/weather-wa...lery_id=132616
Old May 5th 2013, 6:49 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

flash, rumble, WAIN
Old May 5th 2013, 6:58 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

have had to pause watching Dr Who as can't hear the telly through the noise of thunder and rain. not impressed Rain God
Old May 6th 2013, 3:19 am
`

lol.

..and the drumming continues when you go to your bed via the hammering on the tin roof.
Old May 6th 2013, 7:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

and you have to end your telephone call PDQ, cos you can't hear a thing the other person is on about.
Old May 21st 2013, 10:50 am
`

and more MEGA WAINS

We were thinking of digging out a pond for the ducks but no need . Mother Earth has seen fit to supply one without the digging.
Old Jun 16th 2013, 9:34 pm
`

More bad wains causing damage, slips and flooding.

One lady has lost her life when swept away with her house.

Several roads are closed.
Old Jun 17th 2013, 3:37 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Wain !

Earthquakes have some quite serious drainage implications. Great fun charging through all the puddles in the car.
Old Jun 17th 2013, 8:40 am

its not just the rain its the noise on the blinkin roof as well. no point sending the kids to bed as its just so noisy
Old Jun 17th 2013, 8:58 am
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
its not just the rain its the noise on the blinkin roof as well. no point sending the kids to bed as its just so noisy
It's funny, I obviously grew up here with the noise and I like it!! When I first moved to the UK I missed the sound of rain on the roof. Funny what you get use to.
Old Jun 17th 2013, 9:34 am

I don't think I will ever get used to the wind here in Wellington. got a tree through my bedroom window in the UK 1987 storm and now wind makes me very nervous. Mind you have got used to the day to day winds so must be able to dampen the nerves down a bit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.