Wain !

Old Dec 10th 2008, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wain !

Originally Posted by Bellasmum
It sure does, but I do enjoy the glasses of wine while I watch the hose

You moaning minnies!

We've had a spell of 10 days of ICE snow and sub zero temps- through the DAYTIME!
I'm scared to go down the driveway without a salt packet in my hand.
Takes a good 10 mins to get the ice off the car- (Garage full of furniture ready for shipping)
By the time you've gone in to warm your hands up, it's frozen up again even with de-icer!
Shopping? Forget it. Internet orders for now.
But i'm missing all the sales
I've started ordering my wine in by bulk delivery- If we're going to be snowed in- we're going to be happy!
Old Dec 10th 2008, 8:32 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by jennifer45

You moaning minnies!

:

OK. It's a little bit sunny today.

Originally Posted by jennifer45
snow
ah ! snow at christmas
Old Dec 14th 2008, 8:40 pm
`

Moanin' minnie here.

Just thought I would catch you all with the riveting news that today is once again

WAIN ! and the forecast tomorrow? More of the same.
Old Dec 14th 2008, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

we got it here to, still going out a walk though cos it nice and warm still would much prefer more blue skies though pwzzzzzzzzz
Old Dec 15th 2008, 2:54 am
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

Well did an hour walk to town an hour back and omg i got totally soaked lol , should of stayed in for the day hehe
Old Dec 15th 2008, 3:53 pm
Banned

jimjim is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry you are all having a lousy Summer but spare a thought for us we are back in the UK. In the last 2 weeks we have had snow, rain, high winds and very heavy frosts. Looking forward to getting back to NZ despite the summer
Old Dec 15th 2008, 7:26 pm
`

Originally Posted by jimjim
In the last 2 weeks we have had snow, rain, high winds and very heavy frosts.
Sounds exactly like the winter we had here. Actually, sounds a bit like summer so far

One of the valleys locally had a frost just the other week . The latest frost they have had in over 40 years, so we are told.

I like weather so it doesn't bother me TBH. Hats and sunglasses day in day out gets on my wick a bit, but I am hoping for far better weather come mid-January when our first ever visitors arrive. Hopefully it will have settled by then. Coming up through October to Christmas always seems to be unsettled.
Old Dec 19th 2008, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

I think it's quite amusing that over in the Australia forum they're complaining about the fact that iin 35 degrees it just doesn't feel like Christmas. All I can say is Swap yer!

After days of rain the temp is predicted to struggle to a high of 14 here today. The neighbours all have their fires going. I wouldn't mind except we've set up our real pine Christmas tree right next to the woodburner so that lighting it would result in a bit too much Christmas excitement. Ah well I can't possibly clean the windows in this rain. Where's that case of Chirstmas wine.
Old Dec 20th 2008, 3:10 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

we haven't had any rain for weeks - it keeps saying we're getting it on the met service but so far zilch!! Our grass is all brown and we're having to water the veggies every night!
Old Dec 20th 2008, 4:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pixi-dust
we haven't had any rain for weeks - it keeps saying we're getting it on the met service but so far zilch!! Our grass is all brown and we're having to water the veggies every night!
they all live at the wrong end of NZ pixie
Old Dec 20th 2008, 6:02 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Well it's just started to bucket down here! I hope it'll clear by tomorrow, I've got 40 odd people (yes, odd people) for drinks tomorrow evening - where will I put them all if it rains?!

I'm sure this time last year we were in the throes of some gorgeous weather?
Old Dec 20th 2008, 8:38 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

I'll send some sun down if some of you lovely people send up a wee bit of rain
Old Dec 20th 2008, 2:15 pm
`

Wain !

OMG Did it rain today. Next door were bailing out their garage. Even the ducks ran for cover under the carport.

Later, when the storm had died down we went to a local beach to watch those keen on surfing take advantage of the waves this weather brought.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 3:20 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

Oh good. I'm glad it's not just us. Usually we are in drought at this time of year. It's weird. Lake Tekapo is full (!) when we are usually being threatened that if we don't cut back on electricity usage it will run out or double in price because the lake is dry.

According to the weather person, we only made it to 10 yesterday, not 14, so no wonder the kids were wrapped in their duvets all day and went to bed with hot water bottles. Our kids are complaining it doesn't feel like Christmas because it feels like winter. I almost wonder if we should shift the Christmas tree and roast chestnuts and mull wine over the woodburner.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 5:31 am
`

Originally Posted by kiwinow
Our kids are complaining it doesn't feel like Christmas because it feels like winter.
Bless their thermal socks.

Originally Posted by kiwinow
I almost wonder if we should shift the Christmas tree and roast chestnuts and mull wine over the woodburner.
I've been thinking the same.

went to bed with hot water bottles
We did that, but then my internal (hot flush) combustion kicked into play and I was heading for a blast from the freezer.

Was far too soggy for our village Carols in the Park with picnic, so it was decamped to the village hall. Not quite the same at all but still fun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.