Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Waikenae/ Paraparaumu

Waikenae/ Paraparaumu

Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

pumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud of
Default Re: Waikenae/ Paraparaumu

Old Jan 22nd 2009, 7:59 am
NZ is calling.....

Smelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really nice

Is this an open event??? We are both 27 no kids but would love to start meeting new people.... not 100% sure what we are doing on sunday but would like to try and make it.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

stasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to all

yes of course be lovely to meet you both, we'll be to the left of the childrens playground on the grassy bit you'll probably hear us before you see us though!! we'll all be there from 1pm onwards, look forward to seeing you.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 4:23 am
Just Joined

ingusbird is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone. I moved to Paraparaumu on 19 January 09 from the UK and am still settling in. My husband is working but I'm not. We are loving Param so far and the areas along the Kapiti Coast. Can't tell you about schools as we do not have children but the area is so friendly and full of helpful people. Be great to hear from anyone who wants to chat.

I had joined the City Fitness Gym in Param and started line dancing classes last week. Obviously without working or having any children i am finding the making friends quite tough.

Love to hear from you.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 4:49 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ingusbird
Hi everyone. I moved to Paraparaumu on 19 January 09 from the UK and am still settling in. My husband is working but I'm not. We are loving Param so far and the areas along the Kapiti Coast. Can't tell you about schools as we do not have children but the area is so friendly and full of helpful people. Be great to hear from anyone who wants to chat.

I had joined the City Fitness Gym in Param and started line dancing classes last week. Obviously without working or having any children i am finding the making friends quite tough.

Love to hear from you.
Well hello... the population of Paraparam is increasing, you probably need to get hold of Kiwichicks, pumpkinlou and JasonSouthYorks... there all up there... and were just down the road a wee bit in Whitby...
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

kiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nice

Thanks Simon
Paraparaumu is getting bigger with us all, we may have to invade Whitby

D
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 8:51 am
Just Joined

Thanks simonmarkellis, I hope to catch up with them soon.

Yes I think Param has a reputation of being "Little Britain." We are invading! Lol.

It's must be the place to be eh?
Old Mar 4th 2009, 12:21 am
Just Joined

Catz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ingusbird,

We're in Waikanae Beach - been here for nearly 3 years. I think the Kapiti Coast is definitely the place to be!

C
Old Mar 4th 2009, 2:32 am
Just Joined

Hi Catz,

Yeah I think it must be. Never lived on the coast before so am enjoying the lifestyle and this lovely weather! LOL Beats the UK

We have been to Waikanae - nice up there.

Kirsty
Old Mar 4th 2009, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

Catz is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, we love it here - the weather is great (most of the time), and the relaxed beach lifestyle is one I'm really enjoying, completely different from my life in England.

Catie
Old Mar 4th 2009, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

Catie,

I'm interested to see what a winter is going to be like, compared with what i'm used to and I guess Christmas Day, for the first time is hilarious, due to the weather.

Anyway, for now, I'm taking one day at a time.