Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Waikenae/ Paraparaumu

Waikenae/ Paraparaumu

Old Jan 10th 2009, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

JasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to all
Default Waikenae/ Paraparaumu

We landed in Wellington last week and are looking at settling long term in either Waikanae or Paraparaumu, as I will be working in Porirua.

Does anybody live in either of these who can offer advice on the merits of the 2 towns.

I would welcome any advice on primary schools, kids clubs etc. We have two boys aged 4 and 5.

At the moment we are undecided between the two and think it will probably come down to where the house is that we like best.

Thanks.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

stasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to all
Default Re: Waikenae/ Paraparaumu

hi there and welcome to nz hope you're settling in ok. we live in titahi bay and have 2 boys 5 and 3, we'll have to meet up once you're settled you can meet the rest of the rabble! on the 25th we're all going to aotea lagoon for a bbq/picnic meetup if you fancy it.
with regard to living up that way i know rumati beach is lovely and good schools pumpkinlou on here is in paraparaumu so might be worth giving her a pm she'll know more. hope this helps regards stas'
Old Jan 10th 2009, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold

Hi and welcome to welly, think lou has no internet until tuesday but you could try kiwichicks, she lives in paraparaumu, we should all be meeting wednesday lunchtime on pukera bay beach if you would like to amble down that way to meet a few of us, you wont be able to miss us noisy or what lol.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

MattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really nice

No probs in either place I'd say - with plenty of good primary schools - have a look around a few and see what you think

Matt
Old Jan 11th 2009, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

stasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to all

hey steph what time you meeting wed? txt me the details and see you there xxx
Old Jan 11th 2009, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

kiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nice

Hi
Sent JasonSouthYorks an e-mail
See you all on Wednesday, must have missed the invite for the lagoon

D
Old Jan 11th 2009, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

it was on facebook where most of the others lurk these days it's maz's b'day and her parents are down will get back to you with a time think it's about 1ish.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 6:47 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwichicks
Hi
Sent JasonSouthYorks an e-mail
See you all on Wednesday, must have missed the invite for the lagoon

D
Get onto facebook!!! send us a PM with your facebook and i'll send the invite for the 25th...
Old Jan 11th 2009, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

joandmike is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
Get onto facebook!!! send us a PM with your facebook and i'll send the invite for the 25th...
My in laws live in Waikanae and it is a lovely place. When we come to NZ in 2010 we would love to live there as the schools are excellent, the area clean and the people extremely friendly. The beach is great and there are lovely parks too.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 1:41 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

I spent my teen years in Paraparaumu and revisited a couple of years ago. It's a nice place to live and bring up a family I think, depending on what you like to do. We lived in Raumati Beach - there's a nice village and beach and lots of horsey people, pony club, gym club, sports clubs, aviation training and most things you could think of. There's a good shopping mall at Parapara'm. There's good boating and fishing. The beach is fairly safe to swim, but it's not a golden sand beach with clear turquoise water. Waikanae used to be a retirement area and Waikanae Beach used to be a collection of beach holiday homes, but now it's a pretty town. The only thing is if you've been used to a lot of night life etc there's not much available apart from a few pubs and restaurants. It's about an hour into Wellington from Paraparaumu if you want to go to a show or something special.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:16 am
Freak of nature

asiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud of

I had a similar dilemma between P'rm and Waikanae. After living in Waikanae for over two years, I think I chose right. However, some people will find P'rm more easier to live with, because there are more shops, more schools and a college, the airport, more trains stopping at the station. Waikanae is quieter and thats not just because of the elderly population (average age is 65). http://www.kapitilife.co.nz Which ever you choose, you'll really enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of the Kapiti Coast.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 10:45 pm
Just Joined

Catz is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Waikenae/ Paraparaumu

Hi - long time lurker!

We live in Waikanae Beach, have done for over 2 years, and love it. We may not be the typical demographic for the area (me 29, him 31), but we really do love the pace of life up here, and don't feel like we miss out on too much by not being in Wellington (it's not that far to travel anyway for a gig or event) & we can do most of the things we enjoy up at the beach anyway. Can't really comment on the schools as we don't have Children, but agree that it is a fantastic place to live, and the people are very friendly.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

pumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud of

Hi!

Yes, we have been here in Paraparam since Nov. We are currently renting and love it so far. We have two girls almost 3 and 5. For them it's fantastic. Beach, lots of parks, lovely kindy in Raumati Beach.

Hubby commutes into the city daily which he doesn't mind.

Hopefully see you at Pukerua Bay tomorrow.

Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

JasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to all

Thanks everyone. See you at Pukerua Bay later.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold

Looks like we have a good day for picnic, see you all later

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.