Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Wages for a Carer / support worker

Wages for a Carer / support worker

Old Apr 26th 2010, 6:16 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wages for a Carer / support worker

Originally Posted by nicorsts1
Thanks, and for the welcome, we had a look on seek.co.nz last night, seemed to be a fair few positions available but no indication on rates of pay... we'll just keep looking at the job sites. Thanks again, appreciated
Actually there is, you just need to be cunning.
When advertising on seek an employer is required to put in a salary band - but then can choose not to include it in the ad itself. This is for sorting purposes from Seek's perspective.

So, notwithstanding an employer who goes and selects a dodgy salary range that's one way to filter your results a bit. Also, while an employer could technically put in any band they wanted there's still a limit of 10k I think. So, while for instance they could say that a job had a salary band of $40,000 to $50,000 they couldn't say it had a band of $40,000 to $120,000.
Old Apr 26th 2010, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

nicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kiwiprincess
Actually there is, you just need to be cunning.
When advertising on seek an employer is required to put in a salary band - but then can choose not to include it in the ad itself. This is for sorting purposes from Seek's perspective.

So, notwithstanding an employer who goes and selects a dodgy salary range that's one way to filter your results a bit. Also, while an employer could technically put in any band they wanted there's still a limit of 10k I think. So, while for instance they could say that a job had a salary band of $40,000 to $50,000 they couldn't say it had a band of $40,000 to $120,000.
Thanks we'll check it out.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

tonydu is a jewel in the roughtonydu is a jewel in the roughtonydu is a jewel in the roughtonydu is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by nicorsts1
Hi, my girlfriends works in elderly care and she's worked in the community aswell. Can anyone give us an idea of what the average wage is for the same line of work please?

Thanks

Paul and Dani
Hi, I just had an interview two week's ago, in MH. I am not trained but they were offering me $15.50 day rate and nights was 25% extra then weekends were time and a half.
It all depends on where your going to be living, this was in Nelson. Anyway good luck with it all.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

nicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by tonydu
Hi, I just had an interview two week's ago, in MH. I am not trained but they were offering me $15.50 day rate and nights was 25% extra then weekends were time and a half.
It all depends on where your going to be living, this was in Nelson. Anyway good luck with it all.
Thanks,