VTNZ

Old Mar 20th 2012, 5:23 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default VTNZ

Muppets, incompetent doesn't even touch base

anyone else feel the same

avoid like the plague
Old Mar 20th 2012, 5:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VTNZ

Over zealous jobsworths.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 5:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan

avoid like the plague
My branch is Palmy is excellent. Personally I would prefer the testers to be stringent rather than not. Moreover VTNZ do NOT do repairs so they are not lining their pockets AND there is no conflict of interest. I have no doubt your concerns are valid and that you have had rotten service but all branches differ. Would always recommend using a test station that does not do repairs.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 6:08 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

its more to them not calling, me having to chase them constantly. and the fact that they have created a fault due to their incompetence.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Trish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really nice

its more to them not calling, me having to chase them constantly. and the fact that they have created a fault due to their incompetence.
I hope they're going to fix it!
Old Mar 20th 2012, 7:56 am
grumpy bugger

theghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond repute

avoid like the plague
it failed then.....
Old Mar 20th 2012, 8:01 am

well it has at the moment, husbands got to go down and sort out the problem they have caused as their "not repairers".
Old Mar 20th 2012, 9:27 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

In the trade, VTNZ are not well liked.

The amount of cars we get in for repairs that shouldn't have failed but the same cars have different faults that should've failed.

As I've heard said, those that can, do....those that can't, work for VTNZ!!
Old Mar 20th 2012, 7:05 pm

wished I had known that before agreeing to have the car sent there.
well hopefully they have actually put my plates on as meant to be going to collect to sort out today and get back for them to check. Gonna stay there and watch this time and make sure they don't do the same thing to cause the problem again.

Originally Posted by sirplug
In the trade, VTNZ are not well liked.

The amount of cars we get in for repairs that shouldn't have failed but the same cars have different faults that should've failed.

As I've heard said, those that can, do....those that can't, work for VTNZ!!
Old Mar 20th 2012, 11:56 pm

finally got my car.
wasn't plane sailing even after we had sorted out the problem.
I had asked that they put $20 in the car as it had been running on empty for the last 2 days in UK and really didn't want to run out of petrol on leaving the garage. This they charged me for but no petrol added.
In the end got the manager to drive us to the petrol station to fill it up, took along an empty can just in case

SO glad that is over and done with.
Old Mar 21st 2012, 1:27 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Was this for compliance testing or a std WOF?
Old Mar 21st 2012, 1:45 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: VTNZ

I'd stay well clear, get your cheap and local indy to issue you with a sticker.

Or just photoshop the one you have and print and ditto road tax .
Old Mar 21st 2012, 3:17 am
Who loves you, baby?

sparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond repute

so did you bring a car in from the UK? how much did it cost? So wish we brought our C5 and my old C15 (only 4 wheelers I actually 'loved' - in a blokeish kind of way)
Old Mar 21st 2012, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by simonsi
Was this for compliance testing or a std WOF?
Compliancy test.

cost in total to bring the car from UK was.

shipping - put onto the container. mind you if we hadn't of bought it we could of got a smaller container ? which we didn't actually think about as we just saw sell in UK and get about 4.5K for it or bring it with us and not have to buy a car here.

Payment to NZ Van Lines (container company this side)
their fees to liase and pay MAF $423.89
NZ Customs Import fee $ 40.00
NZ Van Lines attendance and admin fees $169.67
transportation to Compliance Centre $ 70.00

Compliance test cost $552.00
Registration 12mths & plates $431.06

total : $1686.62.

then on top of this you have your insurance $494.22. thats fully comp with windscreen and car rental included.

in total, at today's, exchange rate that's £1,124.91
Old Mar 21st 2012, 4:41 am
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute

It's easy to work out the rough cost of shipping. Judging by a recent post Stormer paid 3,500 pounds and Mrs F paid 5,500 pounds both with PSS. Therefore the cost of the car shipping was 2,000 pounds plus the other costs Mrs F has listed.

Other things to bear in mind are what are you going to do for transport for the 2/3 months you don't have a car which depending on circumstances may or may not be a problem? The costs of servicing/getting parts for a European car can be substantially more here do to transport costs.

We sold our old Peugeot in the UK and bought a Japanese import here as we wanted to upgrade to a 7 seater for when family come over and visit and that has come in very handy for transporting everyone around. We got two years' WOFs, servicing, warranty and AA breakdown cover included.

Overall its almost certainly cheaper to bring your car over depending on what it is and how attached to it you are! We used moving as an excuse to upgrade to a better car as ours was on its last legs I don't recommend some of the online car buyers in the UK though, they provide convenience but definitely don't give you the best price.

Last edited by MOSO; Mar 21st 2012 at 4:54 am.