vork visa help

Old Mar 26th 2006, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

fiona i is on a distinguished road
Default vork visa help

hi just a question regarding work visas if someone could help that would be great. we have a work visa specifying the employer - does anyone know how long you have to stay with that employer.
also as we have a work visa would we still have to work for an accredited employer to stay in the country - i ask as the job offered and taken is not as expected but we are here now and are not sure what to do about it.

any help really appreciated!

thanks
fiona i
Old Mar 26th 2006, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: vork visa help

Originally Posted by fiona i
hi just a question regarding work visas if someone could help that would be great. we have a work visa specifying the employer - does anyone know how long you have to stay with that employer.
also as we have a work visa would we still have to work for an accredited employer to stay in the country - i ask as the job offered and taken is not as expected but we are here now and are not sure what to do about it.

any help really appreciated!

thanks
fiona i
Yes if your work permit specifies your position, employer and place of employment you have to abide by those conditions. If anything changes you have to notify the Dept of Immigration, or risk your permit being cancelled. I dont think it is a big deal, as long as you do let them know.

If you want to work for another company you have to get a new permit.

The easiest way would be to apply for residency immideately, if you have the required no of points. The process shouldnt take too long and then when you have PR you have no further restrictions on who you work for etc.