vodafone

Old Mar 25th 2010, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

crumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to behold
Wink vodafone

Just planning for our holiday in may, oooo cant wait!

can we just walk into any vodafone shop and buy a pay as you go sim card and put it in our phones?

if not is there any other way of doing it?

and is vodafone good over there? or would you recommend another?

Thanks

Anna
Old Mar 25th 2010, 9:30 pm
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: vodafone

Originally Posted by crumpy10
Just planning for our holiday in may, oooo cant wait!

can we just walk into any vodafone shop and buy a pay as you go sim card and put it in our phones?

if not is there any other way of doing it?

and is vodafone good over there? or would you recommend another?

Thanks

Anna
Yep, you can put Vodaphone, Telecom or 2degrees in your phone. Out of the 3, I'd go for Vodafone, as Telecom are having major problems with the network and 2degrees is fairly new. Just make sure your phone is unlocked.......
Oh, and Pay as you go sims aren't free and they don't come with credit!
Old Mar 25th 2010, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

crumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to behold

many thanks for that

will go with vodafone i think....

Anna
Old Mar 25th 2010, 9:37 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd go with vodafone too
Old Mar 25th 2010, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

vodaphone u have to pay $30 for a sim card then it,s 84c a min for the calls
2 degrees is $2 for the sim wich comes with $2 credit on it and the calls are 44c a min and it piggy backs on vodaphone network so u get the same coverage
Old Mar 25th 2010, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

Mgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond repute

Jan (or Neil?) is right: with 2 degrees you get the Vodaphone coverage, only cheaper. We bought the 2 degrees pre-paid during our recce and had no trouble with it. Took 2 minutes to buy the sim card and install it.
Old Mar 25th 2010, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

well that just bloody marvelous! thank you very much,

2 degrees gets it!

cant get much better than that eh?

Anna
Old Mar 25th 2010, 10:21 pm

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Well if it piggyback's Vodafone, I think I might swap!
Old Mar 25th 2010, 10:31 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sirplug
Well if it piggyback's Vodafone, I think I might swap!
Heard a number of friends in this area have had problems with coverage with 2 degrees even though they were fine with vodafone. I've decided to stay with the latter for now
Old Mar 25th 2010, 11:50 pm
Just Joined

Penman is an unknown quantity at this point

I've used Vodafone in 2006/7 and early 2009 with pay as you go in my unlocked UK phone, worked ok. Bought sim card in Auckland, I think it was $35 for the sim with $10 credit if you went to the website but no other freebies. Coverage was good in all towns but patchy driving round the mountains. Phoning mates on same network was cheaper than landlines, dunno what other cards like.
Old Mar 26th 2010, 12:14 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Remember to make sure your own existing phone is unlocked and can take sims from other networks.

I'd stick with Vodfone personally, avoid Telecom, and not sure about 2degrees...
Old Mar 26th 2010, 12:38 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

I have both cards.

2 degrees is great if you are just making calls and have no interest in purchasing discount type calling options. If it's a short trip i would say 2 degrees no problem. Cheap calls.

Longer term i would be more tempted with a telecom or vodafone sim. I have a vodafone sim and pay for text and call packages which reduce my overall usage cost significantly. If I had the same usage with 2 degrees it would cost a fortune.

Then again, my grandmother has a cell phone and uses it for emergencies only. 2 degrees is cheaper cos she has no need for extra packages or discounts.
Old Mar 26th 2010, 12:45 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru14
Remember to make sure your own existing phone is unlocked and can take sims from other networks.

I'd stick with Vodfone personally, avoid Telecom, and not sure about 2degrees...
I stick with Vodafone too and heard from people saying 2 degrees is fairly reliable and cheaper especially if you do a lot of txts.

Telecom - I've never seen anything worse than the Telecom service - they are just cr@p. End of story.

My brother & parents still use telecom and broadband - the funny thing is when they use home phone, get disconnected from the internet. :curse: its like dialup connection........ but they do pay heaps for that crap service every month. Rubbish.

Last edited by crap coffee; Mar 26th 2010 at 1:00 am.
Old Mar 26th 2010, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by crap coffee
I stick with Vodafone too and heard from people saying 2 degrees is fairly reliable and cheaper especially if you do a lot of txts.

Telecom - I've never seen anything worse than the Telecom service - they are just cr@p. End of story.

My brother & parents still use telecom and broadband - the funny thing is when they use home phone, get disconnected from the internet. :curse: its like dialup connection........ but they do pay heaps for that crap service every month. Rubbish.
I actually have Telecom broadband and home phone! Only because it is the only provider on my street! The next street along gets Orcon! So far, the connection has been great, the service, terrible.
Old Mar 26th 2010, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mgee
Jan (or Neil?) is right: with 2 degrees you get the Vodaphone coverage, only cheaper. We bought the 2 degrees pre-paid during our recce and had no trouble with it. Took 2 minutes to buy the sim card and install it.

You can tell when it,s me the spelling is a bag of shite

Neil

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.