Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Vital Big Sticks Stage Debut.... Tickets on sale now!

Vital Big Sticks Stage Debut.... Tickets on sale now!

Old Apr 30th 2015, 10:38 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Vital Big Sticks Stage Debut.... Tickets on sale now!

After many years of hiding in the wings, doing props and crewing, Big Sticks got up the courage to audition for the ensemble in Centrestage Theatre Company's latest production, The Producers. And I got in AND I have a wee part too.

So hoping that some of you local to the area may be kind enough to buy tickets and come and support me and your local theatre. The rest of the cast are really very talented and it's such a funny show. If you don't know it then read further...

The Producers is based around the character of Max Bialystock, a down and out Broadway producer whose latest work flopped on opening night. Max, plagued by his former success and scrambling to stay afloat, experiences a change in fortune when downtrodden accountant, Leo Bloom, discovers there is money to be made in Max’s theatrical failure. As a result, the two formerly defeated business men form an unlikely union with the goal of creating the world’s worst musical. The plot develops as the duo enlists the help of ridiculous and often farcical characters on the way such as former Nazi and on-going Third Reich enthusiast Franz Liebkind, Ulla the blonde bombshell secretary/receptionist and the flamboyant homosexual director Roger De Bris. As a result of the characters combined brainpower and ludicrous behaviour Spring Time for Hitler is born in Broadway.

Directed by Robert Letcher, Musically Directed by Mark Bradley, Choreographed by Anna Mortlock, with a talented cast bringing this hilarious piece by Mel Brooks to life.

All details from http://centrestagetheatre.co.nz/

The show opens on Saturday 13th June and runs until Saturday 27th June.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat094; Apr 30th 2015 at 10:40 pm. Reason: To get the linky to worky
Old May 1st 2015, 2:42 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Vital Big Sticks Stage Debut.... Tickets on sale now!

Well done you on coming out - oohh that doesn't seem right
coming from behind the curtains maybe
bit far for us but I do hope to see some pictures
Old May 1st 2015, 11:44 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vital Big Sticks Stage Debut.... Tickets on sale now!

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
Well done you on coming out - oohh that doesn't seem right
coming from behind the curtains maybe
bit far for us but I do hope to see some pictures
Thanks so much Mrs F. It took a bit of nerve to audition because I've never acted before and I'm not really a singer, though the director did say that "I can hold a tune". I used to dance a lot from age 4 to 17, so did quite a few shows over that period. This is so far out of my comfort zone but it's challenging me like never before. As I turned 50 in January, I'm just going with feeling the fear and doing it anyway!

Have had quite a few knock backs over the last few years so this is helping to re-build some self esteem that was at an all-time low. I'm having an absolute blast.

Shame you can't come, it is a bit far but hope others in the near vicinity will . Shall get some photos nearer the time
Old May 3rd 2015, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Hazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on being given a part and well done for being brave enough to go for it. I'm another looking forward to pictures
Old May 4th 2015, 4:37 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Hazelnut
Congratulations on being given a part and well done for being brave enough to go for it. I'm another looking forward to pictures
Thanks Hazelnut. I'll see what I can do on the picture front. The only sad thing about being in it is that I can't watch it and it's such a funny show.
Old May 15th 2015, 1:36 am
Account Closed

Have you bought your tickets yet?
Old Jun 11th 2015, 11:56 pm
Account Closed

Final dress rehearsal tonight and we open tomorrow night for two weeks.

Hope those in the area will come and see this hilarious show. The leads are extremely talented, the set and lighting is amazing and it's just a great night out.

If you haven't been to Centrestage Theatre, Orewa before then this is the time to come and check it out.

Should you happen to be there on Saturday 20th June then stay on after the show. Come and introduce yourself to me and you'll be able to enjoy a glass of bubbles and some cake, as OH & I celebrate our 28th wedding anniversary that day.

Roll up, roll up folks. Tickets on sale from the box office and iticket
Old Jun 12th 2015, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Hazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond repute

Have fun, keep breathing and enjoy the buzz the audience gives.
Old Jun 12th 2015, 7:54 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

break a leg
Old Jun 12th 2015, 8:56 pm
Account Closed

Thanks Hazelnut and Mrs F. Really wishing that I was doing my normal job of crewing on the show, rather than performing.
Old Jun 15th 2015, 10:47 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hope it's going well and you've only metaphorically broken a leg

I'm sure you'll be great, will try and keep checking in online to see how you're doing but work keeps getting in the way at the moment...boo!
Old Jun 15th 2015, 11:31 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Persephone
Hope it's going well and you've only metaphorically broken a leg

I'm sure you'll be great, will try and keep checking in online to see how you're doing but work keeps getting in the way at the moment...boo!
It's going very well thanks Perse. Sadly ticket sales aren't great. Kiwi audiences are notoriously difficult to get to book early and I think expat Brits don't realise how high a standard the am dram can be here. Many of the cast have performed in professional shows.

Anyways, I shouldn't really do this but I shall download a photo taken by Steve Taylor at the final dress rehearsal. It's of Hold Me, Touch Me and Max Bialystock deciding which sex game to play!

Vital Big Sticks Stage Debut.... Tickets on sale now!-10344225_10206878117622579_652410638105363329_o.jpg
Old Jun 16th 2015, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hope audience numbers pick up after some rave reviews.
Old Jun 19th 2015, 11:53 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Hazelnut

Hope audience numbers pick up after some rave reviews.
They are now, thankfully. Not far off getting some full houses.

Piece in our local paper earlier this week, showing some of us Old Ladies!

Vital Big Sticks Stage Debut.... Tickets on sale now!-11012060_10154360946947228_2265625560346159692_n.jpg
Old Jun 26th 2015, 5:08 am
Account Closed

Last 2 shows tonight and tomorrow. Only 10 seats left for tonight and 20 for tomorrow. This show has had rave reviews so come on down double quick.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.