Vistor Visa

Old Mar 1st 2007, 11:38 am
Banned

andy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond repute
Question Vistor Visa

As this is the route Andy & I are most probably going to have to enter NZ-we need some help/tips.

Our EOI is in and got 115 - but as my skills are not classed as "wanted skills" for NZ there is very little chance of being offered a PA/Office Manager/Administrator role from the UK.

So my question is who out there in NZ has entered via this route? How hard/easy was it to get a work permit/PR from NZ ? and all other sorts of information that would be helpful for us..

Thanks all

Georgina
Old Mar 1st 2007, 1:09 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vistor Visa

Check THIS out

Looks like Beachcombers did it.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 1:47 pm
Banned

andy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
Check THIS out

Looks like Beachcombers did it.
Cheers hun

Anyone else please ???
Old Mar 1st 2007, 6:54 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by andy&georgina
As this is the route Andy & I are most probably going to have to enter NZ-we need some help/tips.

Our EOI is in and got 115 - but as my skills are not classed as "wanted skills" for NZ there is very little chance of being offered a PA/Office Manager/Administrator role from the UK.

So my question is who out there in NZ has entered via this route? How hard/easy was it to get a work permit/PR from NZ ? and all other sorts of information that would be helpful for us..

Thanks all

Georgina

Please help ????
Old Mar 1st 2007, 7:12 pm

Beachcombers is an unknown quantity at this point

Kia Ora!

We came in on visitors visa's in 2004 and jumped through all the immigration hoops whilst in NZ, first work permits, then PR.

If you intending to enter on a visitors visa, you will need to either a return ticket or a onward ticket out of NZ. It's unlikely would even get on the plane without one.

Apart from that it is easy, just "look" like visitors, IE do not have heaps of excess luggage! The immigration official will ask you a few questions of how long you will be here, where you intend to go etc (questions he will ask every visitor), as long as you have plausible answers you will be fine.

Remember if they believe you to be entering into NZ for reasons other than a holiday/visiting, they can send you straight back home.

Once you are in, applying for a work permit was fairly straightforward. We got a general work permit, valid for two years, but tying me to one employer (there are other types of work permit available, with different conditions I understand, but this was what was issued to us).

To support a work permit application, you must bring all relevant paperwork with you. Degree/Qualification certificates, employer references, proof of partnership of your relationship (bills with the same address, photos, we even used our passport stamps). Everything must be originals or certified copies. NZIS will not accept emails, faxes or photocopies. Also if you have anything relevant but in a foreign language, you must have it translated by a certified translator before submitting to NZIS.

Processing time can vary and the rules have changed since we did it in regards to being able to cue up at the crack of dawn outside the immigration office. Everything must be submitted by post or drop in envelopes at your local immigration office.

Let me know if I can be of anymore help.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andy&georgina

Thanks all

Georgina
Hi Georgina,
We arrived in November with nothing but our suitcases and a return ticket in April. You are'nt allowed as much luggage as you dont have residency, but we managed. Immigration asked what we had planned, we told them on coming this far we intended travelling round all of NZ before heading back, and what an adventure for our 3 children. On we were waived.
My husband then went job hunting and secured himself an offer within two weeks we then applied for workpermits, and after them study permits for the children.
You need to send original full birth certificates, proof of partnership, I sent rental agreement signed in both our names, marriage certificate, a bank statement from England, going away card addressed to us all and a recent photo of us all together. We had our medicals done and sorted within a day. Everything was straight forward . Don't worry, just check out the likely hood of you getting a job when you arrive. Good Luck.
Carole
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by Spacecake799
You need to send original full birth certificates, proof of partnership, I sent rental agreement signed in both our names, marriage certificate, a bank statement from England, going away card addressed to us all and a recent photo of us all together. We had our medicals done and sorted within a day. Everything was straight forward . Don't worry, just check out the likely hood of you getting a job when you arrive. Good Luck.
Carole
Hi Carole

We were not required to do a medical when we applied for our work permit - 2yr general work permit, is that the case now?

Just sent OP a PM saying you do not require medical for a 2 yr permit, do not want to be giving duff advice.

Thanks

Stephen
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beachcombers
Hi Carole

We were not required to do a medical when we applied for our work permit - 2yr general work permit, is that the case now?

Just sent OP a PM saying you do not require medical for a 2 yr permit, do not want to be giving duff advice.

Thanks

Stephen
HI Stephen,
I hate to say it but your advice is wrong. It says on the form if you intend to be here for longer than 1 year. By the time my OH had secured job offer and we submitted forms we had probably been here 4 weeks. Immigration told us that by the time work permits expired in 12 months from date of issue, we would have been in the country for longer than 12 months and therefore all required medicals. Grrr
Old Mar 1st 2007, 11:08 pm

Thanks for the update Carole!

Andy and Georgina, please take note.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 6:40 pm
Banned

Thanks everyone - all information much appreciated
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

We found immigration to be quite relaxed. Me and 3 kids came through with NZ passports (because I have citizenship granted waaaaay back in 1985) and as hubby's police report hadn't arrived prior to us leaving, he came in on a British passport and a return ticket.

He explained the paperwork was in motion for residency and waved at me and the kids and the immigration officer said "make sure it's done before this visa expires" - sure, no problem! He then went for a 2 year work visa, stamped passport pretty much on the spot at the offices in Henderson and then when the rest of the paperwork came through, we applied for the residency for him.

No problems!