Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Visas have been applied for... The wait has begun

Visas have been applied for... The wait has begun

Old Jul 27th 2017, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

dfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visas have been applied for... The wait has begun

Originally Posted by barnsleymat
Why would you say that?

That's a very bold thing to say.

I agree with barnsleymat. Anyone who says that a young person has more future prospects in NZ than the UK really needs to think again. From what I understand, the main reason why so many young people from NZ leave is to look for more and better opportunties. You may not like reading comments on here from people who dont agree with you, but they are not being purposefully negative; instead they are looking at your situation from a different angle, and many have been through the same situation . Discard the comments you dont like, and enjoy the ones you do.
Old Jul 28th 2017, 6:34 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

good to be able to give her the opportunity to reinvent herself but I think you may have some rose coloured glasses on as to what NZ has to offer, especially for the younger generation, hence the need for the immigration restrictions so that the younger people already here can get jobs and careers.

Can I ask have you and your daughter looked into what NZ has to offer your daughter, study, work career wise and how that fits into what she is looking to do for herself?

And just to say some of the comments you have received would of been given as you stated "The whole move is drawn as my wife is fed up with the NHS, and wants a new life"
Old Jul 28th 2017, 9:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Guernsey2612
Thanks for your comment, and we have given consideration to my daughter, we are not selfish parents, or anything like that. We are not moving just because of the NHS, it has been our dreams for a long time, and as a 16 year old, she has her future ahead of her, and there is no future for her in the UK. At least she will have the opportunity to re-invent herself.
That is a very bold statement to say she has no future in the UK. If you were really considering opportunities for your daughter, why the heck would you choose Whangerei?